British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   changing state for state sponsorship after EOI (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/changing-state-state-sponsorship-after-eoi-819595/)

Jonandonna Dec 29th 2013 2:32 am

changing state for state sponsorship after EOI

Hi just submitted EOI for 190 visa and put in for state sponsorship can anyone tell me, if my occupation comes up for review at the beginning of January and put back on CSOL can I withdraw my ss and put in for another state instead. Hope someone can help as everywhere is closed till end of week !!
Thanks
Jon:)

old.sparkles Dec 29th 2013 2:55 am

Re: changing state for state sponsorship after EOI

Originally Posted by Jonandonna (Post 11054060)
Hi just submitted EOI for 190 visa and put in for state sponsorship can anyone tell me, if my occupation comes up for review at the beginning of January and put back on sol can I withdraw my ss and put in for another state instead. Hope someone can help as everywhere is closed till end of week !!
Thanks
Jon:)

If your occupation is not on the SOL, you can only apply for sponsored - eg 190. Your occupation needs to be on state list. NSW is not sponsoring anyone until July 2014, and all states have recently reviewed lists. Main SOL / CSOL lists are updated in July for new financial year - not aware of any changes for January

Jonandonna Dec 29th 2013 3:01 am

When I spoke to immigration last week they said they were reviewing WA CSOL on 1st January, unless they meant they were just going to look at it. My occupation is on list I have put my ss in for but I have friends in WA who tell me that there's plenty of work there even though they have taken it off the list! Lol

old.sparkles Dec 29th 2013 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Jonandonna (Post 11054077)
When I spoke to immigration last week they said they were reviewing WA SOL on 1st January, unless they meant they were just going to look at it. My occupation is on list I have put my ss in for but I have friends in WA who tell me that there's plenty of work there even though they have taken it off the list! Lol

WA issued a new list at the end of October - immi / DIBP do not do the state lists

Jonandonna Dec 29th 2013 3:11 am

Yes unfortunately they took bricklayers off then :(

old.sparkles Dec 29th 2013 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Jonandonna (Post 11054082)
Yes unfortunately they took bricklayers off then :(

Have you tried looking for sponsorship on 457 if you want WA?

Jonandonna Jan 2nd 2014 9:29 pm

We have tried but as like England the people we have spoken to say that bricklayers are on a self employed basis so they do not have to commit for two years

old.sparkles Jan 3rd 2014 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Jonandonna (Post 11060400)
We have tried but as like England the people we have spoken to say that bricklayers are on a self employed basis so they do not have to commit for two years

Did wonder if that might be the case. Are any other states sponsoring bricklayers?

Jonandonna Jan 3rd 2014 9:38 am

Yes we put our EOI last week for South Australia with 65 points so fingers crossed we get our visas for adelaide. Been busy researching primary schools and different areas on where to first get our short let on arrival:fingerscrossed:

old.sparkles Jan 3rd 2014 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Jonandonna (Post 11060969)
Yes we put our EOI last week for South Australia with 65 points so fingers crossed we get our visas for adelaide. Been busy researching primary schools and different areas on where to first get our short let on arrival:fingerscrossed:

There's some very nice people living in Adelaide ;)

Jonandonna Jan 3rd 2014 9:41 am

Lol yes i see that's where you are what's the weather like there in the winter

old.sparkles Jan 3rd 2014 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Jonandonna (Post 11060974)
Lol yes i see that's where you are what's the weather like there in the winter

It was pretty wet this winter - so I'm told. Was our first one. Think I wore a fleece jacket about half a dozen times and just tshirt the rest - don't think there were any single digit days but there were a few nights. Overall, lovely :)

Jonandonna Jan 3rd 2014 9:53 am

That sounds great just got to be patient now as we want to leave as soon as we get a visa :thumbsup:

old.sparkles Jan 3rd 2014 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Jonandonna (Post 11060987)
That sounds great just got to be patient now as we want to leave as soon as we get a visa :thumbsup:

:fingerscrossed: then :)

Jonandonna Jan 24th 2014 7:46 pm

190 invite received this morning .... hopefully everything is on a roll now getting excited:thumbsup: