Change of course, student visa question

Old May 17th 2008, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice
Default Change of course, student visa question

Im changing course in August but im finishing my current course, Cert II and will be swapping to a new college.

My course finishes end of june and start new course in august, looking at the new student visa rules as I understand it I do not need to apply for a new visa but only need to apply for an extension when my course is nearly finished as I will be 6 months short on my current visa.

I will have a new CoE number in 2 weeks before my current course finishes.

Is this correct?

Also can I work full time in between the course dates? or just the official semester break?.

Thanks, Lee.
Old May 17th 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice
Default Re: Change of course, student visa question

Also I have another question, a mate on the course said he was told he could get away with doing 1years study and reaching cert 3 and has 6yrs experiance in the UK he can prove but no UK qualifications, and can apply for PR after 1yr study. anyone know if this is true?
Old May 17th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Change of course, student visa question

Hay Lee,

Not sure bout your first question, but your mate will need to complete 2 years study to apply for PR. I think the minimum duration of the actual course has to be a full 16months of study. Even if a course has been condenced to a shorter time, it will not count for PR.

Cheers
Mandy