Certified documents

Old Aug 4th 2004, 8:55 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Certified documents

Hi Lucyemma5,

Thanks for the info.

I thought that might be the case. looks like i will have to put my hand in my pocket and head off to the solicitors.

Rob

Originally posted by Lucyemma5
In a word no. It has to be made by a lawyer, we looked into this when we were doing our "Statutory Declaration", it also has to be a qualified solicitor, a trainee can't do it.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:14 pm
Craig

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 08:55:10 +0000, Rob Morton-Jone
<member21287@british_expats.com> wrote:

>Hi Lucyemma5,
    >Thanks for the info.
    >I thought that might be the case.
    >looks like i will have to put my hand in my pocket and head off to the
    >solicitors.
    >Rob
    >Originally posted by Lucyemma5
    >In a
    >word no. It has to be made by a lawyer, we looked into this when we
    >were doing our "Statutory Declaration", it also has to be a qualified
    >solicitor, a trainee can't do it.

Have a look under the Commonwealth Stat Dec Act 1959 - it says a
Police Officer can witness a Stat Dec, along with lots of other
people.

Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:42 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Hi Lucyemma5,

Thanks for the info.

I thought that might be the case. looks like i will have to put my hand in my pocket and head off to the solicitors.

Rob
Rob

It is worth it for the piece of mind and it won't delay things.

How's it all going with VETASSESS and your missus? Has it been sorted yet, she was having problems with her boss being a git.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:58 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

It was AIM.

AIM are being quite good but having problems with Trish's MD at the moment.

Its not too much of a problem but we are now going down the TRA route to get my skills assessed.

Glenn Newton is currently reviewing my skills so as soon as he gives me the go ahead, then i will get everything officially documented.

TRA said that a police officer can certify documents which is a start. My next door neighbour is pretty high up in the force.

The stat decs i will get done at the local court

Rob

It is worth it for the piece of mind and it won't delay things.

How's it all going with VETASSESS and your missus? Has it been sorted yet, she was having problems with her boss being a git.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 10:14 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone
It was AIM.

AIM are being quite good but having problems with Trish's MD at the moment.

Its not too much of a problem but we are now going down the TRA route to get my skills assessed.

Glenn Newton is currently reviewing my skills so as soon as he gives me the go ahead, then i will get everything officially documented.

TRA said that a police officer can certify documents which is a start. My next door neighbour is pretty high up in the force.

The stat decs i will get done at the local court
Sorry I wasn't awake properly of course it was AIM, sounds like you are sorted. Have you got your Stat Dec done yet? I have a template that we used if it would be of any use, then it would only cost you a fiver to get it sworn. It takes about five minutes, you put your hand on the bible and swear something like, "I swear by almight god, that this Statutory Declaration is true..." blah, blah, then it is done. Send the original, keep a copy.

Good luck

By the way - send your application priority, it is well worth it.

Lucy
Old Aug 4th 2004, 10:29 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Got my stat decs written out so just need to ring up the court to see when i can get it done

Rob

Sorry I wasn't awake properly of course it was AIM, sounds like you are sorted. Have you got your Stat Dec done yet? I have a template that we used if it would be of any use, then it would only cost you a fiver to get it sworn. It takes about five minutes, you put your hand on the bible and swear something like, "I swear by almight god, that this Statutory Declaration is true..." blah, blah, then it is done. Send the original, keep a copy.

Good luck

Lucy
Old Aug 5th 2004, 2:35 am
Just Joined

Ozscarlet is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck

Lucy
Lucy, please could you explain what you mean by 'send your application priority'?

Cheers
Old Aug 5th 2004, 3:00 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

There are two options when sending off your skills assessment to TRA;

The first is normal checking process which is currently taking 4 to 6 months to get a skills assesment through

The second is priority processing which, if you pay a little more money, will be processed much quicker. think priority is taking around 2 to 3 months

Rob

QUOTE]Originally posted by Ozscarlet
Lucy, please could you explain what you mean by 'send your application priority'?

Cheers [/QUOTE]
Old Aug 5th 2004, 3:04 am
Dancing Queen

Originally posted by Ozscarlet

Cheers
Certainly. When you send off your application to the TRA you can pay A$500 for priority processing which should take about 3 months. If you chose the standard processing fee of A$200 it can take anything up to 6 months at the moment. It is well worth paying the £140 or so extra.

Hope this explains.

Lucy
Old Aug 5th 2004, 3:07 am
Just Joined

Ozscarlet is an unknown quantity at this point

Certainly. When you send off your application to the TRA you can pay A$500 for priority processing which should take about 3 months. If you chose the standard processing fee of A$200 it can take anything up to 6 months at the moment. It is well worth paying the £140 or so extra.

Hope this explains.

Lucy

oops. Misunderstood. We've already got our skills assessment back and thought this was a reference to prioritising a PR visa.

Thanks though. Will go have a lie down!