had medical today

Old Aug 4th 2004, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Default had medical today

well after a disaster of a short break in cornwall we came back 2day to have our medicals. while on polzeath beach in cornwall on saturday i suffered 'sun trauma' thats what the doc down there said anyway. i had a very severe allergic reaction to the sun and sea. both legs swollen to twice their size and blistered, so not able to walk for 2 days, spent 2 days in hotel looking out at the sea view, wishing i was outside. i had to go to the doc in cornwall and have all the blisters popped and my legs bandaged up and i can still hardly walk . i have to go back to my own doc at 4.00 today to have them re-dressed and checked on.

so of course i also spent the 2 days in the hotel panicking about my oz medical. had to get dropped right outside the docs and hobbled in with a great deal of pain. the doctor there doing my medical was really nice and went easy on me. said he was going to totally ignore my legs and face(as my face is now blistered) so all that worrying was for nothing.

anyway the medical went fine, my boyfriend suffered anxiety/stress/depression last year so we just have to forward his medical history to the doc so that he can then send on all our forms to sydney. so relieved the medical is over, but now i have to go back to my own doctor to get some more blisters burst and my legs re-done. by the way, i put loads of factor 25 on and kept re-applying it while on the beach, so it isnt my fault i am suffering. now for my ?

1. am i right in thinking that my meds go to the sydney address. the doc didn't know this until i told him, so i hope i am right.

2. will the fact that my boyfriend suffered anxiety etc last year 'fail' us, he didnt have medication just a bit of counselling on breathing techniques to help with panick attacks etc.

I am so happy my medical has been done, it was funny though when i walked in to the docs office to have it done, i could hardly walk, was in loads of pain, my face is covered in blisters and both my legs are bandaged up. what a sight and i still passed. well as long as my blood, urine,x-ray is ok that is.

bye 4 now
cheers
Old Aug 4th 2004, 2:07 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: had medical today

Hi Threlly

Sorry to here about your "fun" in Cornwall. I'm sure the meds will be fine.

On the meds to Sydney front, ours went to Adelaide. I would double check that one. I'm sure your boyfriend will be fine, fingers crossed for you

Walla
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Hi walla1

Post July 1st applicants have to send Meds to Sydney office. George confirmed.

SS
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:22 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi walla1

Post July 1st applicants have to send Meds to Sydney office. George confirmed.

SS
Chears for that SS to wrapped up in my pre July application!!
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:27 pm
Post-July guinea pig

CRAZYboutOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by threlly
I am so happy my medical has been done, it was funny though when i walked in to the docs office to have it done, i could hardly walk, was in loads of pain, my face is covered in blisters and both my legs are bandaged up. what a sight and i still passed. well as long as my blood, urine,x-ray is ok that is.

bye 4 now
cheers
Sorry to hear about your agony. I hope you get better soon!
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Indeed, it cant be nice, but at least your Meds are done now.

SS
Old Aug 4th 2004, 7:31 pm
Post-July guinea pig

Indeed, it cant be nice, but at least your Meds are done now.

SS
Have u guys got your police clearance yet? That is the only thing I need to put the ball back into their (DIMIA's) court. Then the wait begins.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

jana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CRAZYboutOZ
Have u guys got your police clearance yet? That is the only thing I need to put the ball back into their (DIMIA's) court. Then the wait begins.

16 days for my UK police check - thought that was probably fast.

Jana
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:32 am
Post-July guinea pig

Originally posted by jana1
16 days for my UK police check - thought that was probably fast.

Jana
Jana, to my knowledge you are the first post July Guinee Pig to have meds and PCC finished and sent away. Hope you get your visa soon!
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Still waiting for mine....from Avon Police. Cheque cashed 3 weeks ago, but acknowledgement letter was dated 16th June - 40 days from then is 25th August.

Jana and Crazy..what forces are you applying to / did you apply to?

SS
Old Aug 5th 2004, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by CRAZYboutOZ
Jana, to my knowledge you are the first post July Guinee Pig to have meds and PCC finished and sent away. Hope you get your visa soon!

Thanks - I will let you know!
Jana
Old Aug 5th 2004, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Still waiting for mine....from Avon Police. Cheque cashed 3 weeks ago, but acknowledgement letter was dated 16th June - 40 days from then is 25th August.

Jana and Crazy..what forces are you applying to / did you apply to?

SS

I applied to the West-Midlands force - 16 days from posting...
Hope you get yours soon.
Jana
Old Aug 5th 2004, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Actually I got me days wrong, the cheque was cashed last week….still I hate the waiting. What does the PCC look like? Is it just an A4 letter?

What courier did you use to send the PCCs back?

Good luck going forward, am gonna be watching your timeline with real interest.

All the best

SS
Old Aug 5th 2004, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Actually I got me days wrong, the cheque was cashed last week….still I hate the waiting. What does the PCC look like? Is it just an A4 letter?

What courier did you use to send the PCCs back?

Good luck going forward, am gonna be watching your timeline with real interest.

All the best

SS

Its just an A4 Sheet saying that they have no record of me (which I think is good!) it has a blue band across the top and bottom, and when you photocopy it the work FRAUD appears - clever!!

I sent it to my agent (in Australia) using Royal Mail international signed for - he sent it to DIMIA.

I know my doctor has sent the medicals - he also sent them by royal mail international signed for, so I just hope they got there - wish I could check.

I will keep my time line up to date..

Best wishes
Jana
Old Aug 5th 2004, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Jana, very informative

I haven’t used that service by RM but have used International Datapost (Parcel Force)..they even gave me a full refund when they delivered one package one day late. But it was quite worrying wondering where the package had gone, even though I could track it (vaguely).

SS