Certified copies needed at interview?

Old Aug 1st 2011, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

ed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really nice
Default Certified copies needed at interview?

Hi,
I have my citizenship test and interview tomorrow, just wondering if i need to bring certified copies of documents? I've already uploaded all my doc's as i applied online.I'm planning on bringing a colour copy of all docs along with originals.I think i read somewhere that certified copies are required,but maybe i misunderstood, doesn't make sense since the interviewer can check the copies against the originals.
Anyway, please tell me what you think, should i get copies certified?
Thanks..
Old Aug 1st 2011, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified copies needed at interview?

The citizenship website says to take the originals with you of the documents you uploaded - no mention of certified copies. It used to be the case that they asked for original & certified copy before uploading copies of the documents was possible (which wasn't that long ago).

In any case, when I had my citizenship appointment last year one of my documents was just copied by the DIAC person conducting my "interview" and certified by him (this was before uploading was possible).
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

ed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really nice

Thanks for that, although while walking to the appointment today i reread the appointment letter which stated to have certified copies of uploaded documents.Anyway all was good, i did bring photcopies and the DIAC girl certified them herself.100% in the test, so happy days!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

nadine23 is on a distinguished road

Hey Ed, I'm submitting my application online soon for citizenship and just getting all the documents ready now. I wondered if you can help me with a quick question - do I need to upload certified copies as part of the application or can I just upload copies of the documents. I'm just not clear if they need to be certified or not! Thanks D
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

I just uploaded coloured copies, i didn't get anything certified. I also brought colour copies to the interview, the interviewer certified my copies. So no, you dont need to worry about certified copies as long as you bring the originals to the interview and the original documents are all in english.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

nadine23 is on a distinguished road

Thank you :-) Much appreciated