Police Clearance from singapore

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

ngno1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Clearance from singapore

Folks,

CO requested police check certificate (PCC) from spore. i have requested PCC from spore. they have sent PCC 2 weeks ago by registered mail to DIAC directly. however, as of now i do not have any update if CO has received PCC from singapore. anyone of you have such experience? if yes, how long singpost delivered PCC to DIAC office ?
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

vxm665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Clearance from singapore

Originally Posted by ngno1981 View Post
Folks,

CO requested police check certificate (PCC) from spore. i have requested PCC from spore. they have sent PCC 2 weeks ago by registered mail to DIAC directly. however, as of now i do not have any update if CO has received PCC from singapore. anyone of you have such experience? if yes, how long singpost delivered PCC to DIAC office ?
Singapore police uses the normal post and charge 5SGD as well. Normal post takes around 2 weeks to reach DIAC office in Australia.

It may also get delay after reach DIAC post box as they handle a lot of letters. So, be patient and if singapore police say thay have posted, they did indeed.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

hi vxm665

thanks for quick response. did u request PCC from spore police as well? and you waited PCC for two weeks to be delivered to DIAC?

Originally Posted by vxm665 View Post
Singapore police uses the normal post and charge 5SGD as well. Normal post takes around 2 weeks to reach DIAC office in Australia.

It may also get delay after reach DIAC post box as they handle a lot of letters. So, be patient and if singapore police say thay have posted, they did indeed.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

hi vxm665

thanks for quick response. did u request PCC from spore police as well? and you waited PCC for two weeks to be delivered to DIAC?
I have arranged DHL to collect from singapore police and delivered to CO directly. Couple of mates have gone through the standard post and took about a month to reach CO.

For DHL, you need to pay and arrange the service by yourself. Addresses for standard delivery and courier are different. Perhaps, couriers are usually handled very quickly due to less numbers.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

thanks for your sharing. my goodness standard post took about one month. my biggest concern the document can be lost or deliver to wrong address. i did not know we could arrange DHL for it. your friends were in singapore too when they requested PCC ? and did they check with CO if CO has received it?

Originally Posted by vxm665 View Post
I have arranged DHL to collect from singapore police and delivered to CO directly. Couple of mates have gone through the standard post and took about a month to reach CO.

For DHL, you need to pay and arrange the service by yourself. Addresses for standard delivery and courier are different. Perhaps, couriers are usually handled very quickly due to less numbers.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

thanks for your sharing. my goodness standard post took about one month. my biggest concern the document can be lost or deliver to wrong address. i did not know we could arrange DHL for it. your friends were in singapore too when they requested PCC ? and did they check with CO if CO has received it?
Yeah my friends were in Singapore when they requested. They have also got the visa and moved to Aus couple of months before. Wait for another few weeks and apply for another clearance but make sure you arrange the courier to collect. It's possible even in online.