Certified Copies in Coventry

Old Jun 17th 2006, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice
Default Certified Copies in Coventry

Anyone recommend a place to get a lot of documents certified in Coventry or close by.

Cheaper the better.

Thanks
Old Jun 17th 2006, 7:50 pm
Starting the long wait...

Didigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Certified Copies in Coventry

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
Anyone recommend a place to get a lot of documents certified in Coventry or close by.

Cheaper the better.

Thanks
Hi

Can't really help but OH and I live in the Coventry (Earlsdon) and are also needing docs certified - I'm sure you can get a local magistrate to do it, I also think they have to do it for free. Not sure where you can get the details of a magistrate perhaps Cov City Council.

Where are you off to in Aus? We are off to Perth (we hope)! Best of luck.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 9:12 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Didigriff
Hi

Can't really help but OH and I live in the Coventry (Earlsdon) and are also needing docs certified - I'm sure you can get a local magistrate to do it, I also think they have to do it for free. Not sure where you can get the details of a magistrate perhaps Cov City Council.

It's worth trying the magistrates but there's been conflicting experiences lately. Some charge £8 for all the docs, some try to charge £8 each and one even tried to charge £25 each copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do a search on certifying documents - I'm sure someone said that policemen and a couple of other people could do it.

Lou
xx
Old Jun 17th 2006, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Didigriff
Hi

Brisbane, so the wife can go "home" (we hope)

Best of luck
Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Cheaper the better.

Thanks

I rang the local magistrates to us and they wanted 8.00 each document!!!! when I said I had been told they would do it for either that much in total, or even for free, they said definately not. So it must vary for different areas. Try ringing them up, get no. in yellow pages, you might be lucky. What I ended up doing was ringing all the local solicitors up until I found one who did them all for 20.00 ( sos pound key not working!!!! )

Good luck.

N.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Certified Copies in Coventry

Cheaper the better.

Thanks
Hi, Linda here, How are you guys?

I rang the magistrate Court in town and made an appointment, make sure you photo copy everything so they can sign them. Cost about £8.00 for all but could have caught them on a good day as prices seem to change.

Best wishes,
Linda
Old Jun 18th 2006, 8:10 pm
Starting the long wait...

Didigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Certified Copies in Coventry

Originally Posted by deci
Hi, Linda here, How are you guys?

I rang the magistrate Court in town and made an appointment, make sure you photo copy everything so they can sign them. Cost about £8.00 for all but could have caught them on a good day as prices seem to change.

Best wishes,
Linda

Thanks for that, will get on to it next week. We are still waiting for my OH transcripts from Uni they are taking for ever!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 9:11 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I went to Coventry magistrates last week. They wanted £8 per copy.

I tried a few solicitors too, they were all quite expensive. I think the best thing to do is speak to the solicitor directly as they vary a lot. I spoke to the receptionist at 1 place she was quoting £100s, then when I rang back and spoke to the solicitor he agreed to £30. He's located in Aylesbury though!!! I was put on to him by a mate at work.

Good luck though, and let us know if you find somewhere cheap in Cov.

Mark
Old Jun 18th 2006, 9:33 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Check this thread out

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...tify+documents

If any moderators are reading this might it be a good idea to pin the thread - loads of people are wasting £££££££££££££££s paying solicitors to certify.

Lou
xx
Old Jun 19th 2006, 6:36 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheaper the better.

Thanks
Hello, got all mine done at Sutton Coldfield Magistrates Court for £8, about 60 copies I think. I've heard Cov court is charging £8 per copy though. Might be worth you travelling to Sutton or trying another court near you.