Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Certification of "original" employer reference letters?

Certification of "original" employer reference letters?

Old Dec 16th 2005, 1:28 pm

JanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud of
Question Certification of "original" employer reference letters?

Hi,

Just a quick question:

Have got three employer reference letters (originals, i.e. with original employer signatures). Should these letters be certified or can we just submit the original letter (we have a spare original copy as the employers made more than one)?

I have been told to NEVER submit original documents but this is different, isn't it?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Janni
Old Dec 16th 2005, 1:40 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certification of "original" employer reference letters?

Originally Posted by JanniDK
Have got three employer reference letters (originals, i.e. with original employer signatures). Should these letters be certified or can we just submit the original letter (we have a spare original copy as the employers made more than one)?

I have been told to NEVER submit original documents but this is different, isn't it?
You could submit originals but bear in mind you need to submit most of the same stuff to DIMIA for the visa application. But putting that aside, I would want to keep the originals safe because there's always the possibility of stuff getting lost in the post. If a certified copy gets lost it's a pain but if the original doc goes .....
Old Dec 16th 2005, 1:46 pm

JanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wmoore
You could submit originals but bear in mind you need to submit most of the same stuff to DIMIA for the visa application. But putting that aside, I would want to keep the originals safe because there's always the possibility of stuff getting lost in the post. If a certified copy gets lost it's a pain but if the original doc goes .....
Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I don't think I have made myself clear. We have more than ONE original of each letter and therefore we could easily submit the original and still afford the application getting lost in the post.

Don't know what you mean with "...bear in mind you need to submit most of the same stuff to DIMIA for the visa application."? Please explain.

Thanks again,
Old Dec 16th 2005, 1:50 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JanniDK
I don't think I have made myself clear. We have more than ONE original of each letter and therefore we could easily submit the original and still afford the application getting lost in the post.

Don't know what you mean with "...bear in mind you need to submit most of the same stuff to DIMIA for the visa application."? Please explain.
DIMIA need to see proof of work experience, etc too if you're claiming points for work experience. So you'll end up sending much of the same stuff you sent for skills assessment to DIMIA too.

If you have several copies then of course that's no problem. The assessing body / DIMIA won't be upset at seeing originals. They say not to send them for your sake rather than theirs
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by wmoore
DIMIA need to see proof of work experience, etc too if you're claiming points for work experience. So you'll end up sending much of the same stuff you sent for skills assessment to DIMIA too.

If you have several copies then of course that's no problem. The assessing body / DIMIA won't be upset at seeing originals. They say not to send them for your sake rather than theirs
Thanks. Yes, much of the required documentation is the same stuff we sent for skills assessment.

Will see how many originals we have left and then decide whether or not to have them certified.

Regards,
Janni