Centrelink Health care card

Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:39 am

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough
Default Centrelink Health care card

Hi All,

Pls tell me what is Centrelink Health care card. How fast we can get this once we get PR and already moved to OZ.

I require this card to get ADC (Australian Dental council) skill assessment fee (for dental practitioner) subsidy/reimbursement from DEST (Dept. of Education Scinece and Training) through AEI-NOOSR.

Any comments are of helpfull to me
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:57 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Centrelink Health care card

i was under the impression that a health care card was for people who are on a low income..ie < 30,000 sole or combined pre annum.
this card allows you certain concessions for prescriptions and gp visits etc....

im sure im right...but i will stand to be corrected.....
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:37 pm
Morris Syzlak

"Prince1975" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > Hi All,
    > Pls tell me what is Centrelink Health care card. How fast we can get this
once we get PR and already moved to OZ.
    > I require this card to get ADC (Australian Dental council) skill
assessment fee (for dental practitioner) subsidy/reimbursement from DEST
(Dept. of Education Scinece and Training) through AEI-NOOSR.
    > Any comments are of helpfull to me

The card is for the aged and the disabled etc. Not for immigrants after a
free ride.

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.735 / Virus Database: 489 - Release Date: 6/08/2004

Old Aug 10th 2004, 3:01 am

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by yvsie
i was under the impression that a health care card was for people who are on a low income..ie < 30,000 sole or combined pre annum.
this card allows you certain concessions for prescriptions and gp visits etc....

im sure im right...but i will stand to be corrected.....
Hi yvsie,

Thanks for the info. I thought anybody can get this card fom centrelink without any income limit. In that case I cannot get subsidy for my ADC assessment fees which comes nearly A$ 5500.

thanks
Old Aug 10th 2004, 3:53 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Prince1975
Hi yvsie,

Thanks for the info. I thought anybody can get this card fom centrelink without any income limit. In that case I cannot get subsidy for my ADC assessment fees which comes nearly A$ 5500.

thanks
Everybody certainly *cannot* get it. It is income tested. It's a concession for low income people or those dependent upon welfare to live.

For more info:
http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...ations/hcc.htm
Old Aug 11th 2004, 3:01 am

Question Re: Centrelink Health care card

Originally Posted by Ulujain
Everybody certainly *cannot* get it. It is income tested. It's a concession for low income people or those dependent upon welfare to live.

For more info:
http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...ations/hcc.htm

what is the difference between Health Care card and Medicare Card issued by Centrelink??? or both are same.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 3:10 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Prince1975
what is the difference between Health Care card and Medicare Card issued by Centrelink??? or both are same.
Medicare Cards are issued by the Health Dept. and are an entitlement for all citizens and permanent residents, and tourists to Australia under agreements, like the Finnish and the British. Among otherthings, they allow free treatment at oublic hospitals and doctors who bulk-bill.

Health Care Cards are issued by Centrelink and the entitlement for these is outlined in that link I gave you.

They're not the same.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 3:53 am

Talking Re: Centrelink Health care card

Originally Posted by Ulujain
Medicare Cards are issued by the Health Dept. and are an entitlement for all citizens and permanent residents, and tourists to Australia under agreements, like the Finnish and the British. Among otherthings, they allow free treatment at oublic hospitals and doctors who bulk-bill.

Health Care Cards are issued by Centrelink and the entitlement for these is outlined in that link I gave you.

They're not the same.

Thanks a lot Ulujain!!

Now I got the point.