can someone please help me

Old Jan 27th 2009, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

langa has a spectacular aura aboutlanga has a spectacular aura aboutlanga has a spectacular aura about
Default can someone please help me

If you have lodged an application for a skilled visa and medical and skill assesments have all been passed and your just waiting on approval, can you still be thrown out of australia at the end of your 1 year working holiday visa?? because ive heard once its lodged you dnt have to leave! please help??
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can someone please help me

Originally Posted by langa
If you have lodged an application for a skilled visa and medical and skill assesments have all been passed and your just waiting on approval, can you still be thrown out of australia at the end of your 1 year working holiday visa?? because ive heard once its lodged you dnt have to leave! please help??

If it is an off-shore GSM visa then you will have to leave before any othe rvisa expires. If your occupation is not on the CSL or MODL uor visa could take a lot longer than first thought. If it is not on either of these lists then look into State Sponsorship as this would spee up the processing greatly. May be best to look at qualifying for second WHM visa if you wish to stay in Australia longer

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

langa has a spectacular aura aboutlanga has a spectacular aura aboutlanga has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by welshtony
If it is an off-shore GSM visa then you will have to leave before any othe rvisa expires. If your occupation is not on the CSL or MODL uor visa could take a lot longer than first thought. If it is not on either of these lists then look into State Sponsorship as this would spee up the processing greatly. May be best to look at qualifying for second WHM visa if you wish to stay in Australia longer

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Hi thanks for your help but im not really clued up on this visa lark, my skilled visa was officially lodged when i was in uk at end of may my WHV began at the end of august 08, im not sure i know what "offshore" means, my occupation is a cabinet maker which is in demand so im kinda lost any more help would be greatful thanks
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Your visa application would either have been for an off shore visa or an onshore visa. As you were off sure when you applied, it looks like that will be the type, meaning you will have to leave the country to get the visa anyway. Most people pop over to NZ, or Fiji etc.

You have a while yet though. But if you want to make sure you can get the 2nd WHV then you have to do 3 months working fruit picking or simular (there is an official list of work places I believe).

Good luck
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for your help but im not really clued up on this visa lark, my skilled visa was officially lodged when i was in uk at end of may my WHV began at the end of august 08, im not sure i know what "offshore" means, my occupation is a cabinet maker which is in demand so im kinda lost any more help would be greatful thanks
Sounds like you applied for a 175 visa where you need to score 120 points. Cabinetmaker is on the new Critical Shortage List so, if you have done your medicals and police clearance it is very likely your visa will be ready before August. As Pumpkin says, you will then have to leave for at least a week to get this visa approved and evidenced in your passport. So qualifying for 2nd WHM visa would be good insurance in case application takes longer than expected.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:46 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Langa,

We've seen a couple of people recently who thought that an "offshore" general skilled migration visa would let them stay here on a bridging visa. Hasn't been like that for more than 12 years but judging by the look of shock on one applicant's face last week the Department should be explaining that a bit more clearly.

That being said, Tony's advice in this thread is hopefully reassuring, and PB's idea about the second WHV also worth considering.

Cheers,

George Lombard