Can my spouse work on arrival in Oz

Old May 8th 2007, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

sparksoz is on a distinguished road
Default Can my spouse work on arrival in Oz

1. Can anyone tell us if my missus can work when we get to oz?
She is named on my 136 visa application but without having her skills assessed.Tracy is a registered child minder in uk for past six months, but has also worked as a Marketing assistant and an admin assistant.This was before the kids. also references will be a nightmare to get as collegues and employers have moved on.
2. We do have all past p60 tax returns, will these help?
we dont think she will need to work for financial reasons but more for a outside interest and making new friends, she's hopeless with hobbies,
but loves to keep busy.
Hope to be going to Adelaide.
Old May 8th 2007, 10:20 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can my spouse work on arrival in Oz

Originally Posted by sparksoz
1. Can anyone tell us if my missus can work when we get to oz?
She is named on my 136 visa application but without having her skills assessed.Tracy is a registered child minder in uk for past six months, but has also worked as a Marketing assistant and an admin assistant.This was before the kids. also references will be a nightmare to get as collegues and employers have moved on.
2. We do have all past p60 tax returns, will these help?
we dont think she will need to work for financial reasons but more for a outside interest and making new friends, she's hopeless with hobbies,
but loves to keep busy.
Hope to be going to Adelaide.
She will have to do a working with children police check here in Australia. I've just had to do one and it has taken about 8 weeks to come back. She can work at any job she can get once she arrives. I work for a recruiter in ADL, so if you want to PM me I can give you the name. We do mostly call centre and admin. She can send her resume to them once she arrives.
Old May 8th 2007, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

sparksoz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can my spouse work on arrival in Oz

Originally Posted by Dorothy
She will have to do a working with children police check here in Australia. I've just had to do one and it has taken about 8 weeks to come back. She can work at any job she can get once she arrives. I work for a recruiter in ADL, so if you want to PM me I can give you the name. We do mostly call centre and admin. She can send her resume to them once she arrives.
Thanks for the info i will tell tracy in the morning, she'll be over the moon
all the best Phil and Tracy