bricklaying course

Old May 5th 2007, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

scots lass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bricklaying course

Hi new to the site i was wondering if anybody was going on a student visa to do the bricklaying course in queensland, my oh is applying for the course to start in feb2008
Old May 5th 2007, 10:58 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bricklaying course

Originally Posted by scots lass
Hi new to the site i was wondering if anybody was going on a student visa to do the bricklaying course in queensland, my oh is applying for the course to start in feb2008
Why not do a bricklaying course in the UK? Can you afford to study in Australia?

What's the plan if you can't get residence afterwards and have to go home?
Old May 6th 2007, 7:47 am
Just Joined

scots lass is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
Why not do a bricklaying course in the UK? Can you afford to study in Australia?

What's the plan if you can't get residence afterwards and have to go home?
Hi doing bricklaying in the uk my other half would have to have work five years in the trade before applying that would be a total of seven years and we are not getting any younger.

we can afford the fees for tafe and the kids school fees and we are also aloud to work.

and if we dont get pr at least we tried and wont look back in tens years time and wounder.

regards
scots lass
Old May 6th 2007, 2:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scots lass
and we are also aloud to work.
Not full time.

and if we dont get pr at least we tried and wont look back in tens years time and wounder.
Not a very sound line of thinking if your chances of PR were close to zero to start with. If you are going to bet your life savings on this, then it really needs to be close to a sure thing, not a very long shot. Unless you really don't mind coming back to the UK with nothing.
Old May 7th 2007, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

jen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nice

hi my o/h will qualife in june as a brickie but as with him to get the 6 years exp he would be over the age of 45 ( not by much i on the other hand will qualifie in june 08 as a hairdresser and still have time to spare with 6 years exp so it looks like we would go on my skills,what im trying to say by the time we get to emmigrate we shold be in a much better position cos hopefully we both will be able to work in our chosen proffesion and have some money behind us, i know how u fill tho we are desperate to go i have family there off to see them in aug, i do read all the threads that are posted and trying to find out different ways of the immigration process to be honest 6 years seems so far away,do u mind me asking how old are u guys
what ever u do good luck keep me posted
Old May 8th 2007, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Corkhead is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there

Dont know if this helps or not, but I completed 2 year hairdressing course in Qld in Nov, and I received my Permanent residency last Friday yea, it was worth our savings. But think carefully it is hard work completing the course and you can only work 20 hours a week, jobs are quite hard to come by and poorly paid. You need to have enough funds to cover you if you cant find work.
Cheers
Old May 8th 2007, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

gemz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
If you dont mind me asking how much money did you have to take with you to study in Australia? Also when did you apply for your visa was in it during the course or after?In england or Australia?
thanks
Old May 8th 2007, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Corkhead is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

For my partner and I we had approx 30 thousand pounds, which we needed, my partner was lucky because he was a personal trainer and could work for himself so he got more money an hour so the 20 hours didnt effect him to much, but it's hard to get work when you first get here.

I applied for my visa in Jan 2007 in Australia after completing the 2 year course, and we got it May 2007 so pretty quickly, also you can do it all online which I believe speeds up the process.
Old May 8th 2007, 11:56 pm
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by Corkhead
I applied for my visa in Jan 2007 in Australia after completing the 2 year course, and we got it May 2007 so pretty quickly, also you can do it all online which I believe speeds up the process.
The new rules in September may make this strategy more complicated.