Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can I salvage anything from current visa for next application?

Can I salvage anything from current visa for next application?

Old Feb 6th 2015, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

juckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to behold
Default Can I salvage anything from current visa for next application?

Ok. Please don't shoot me down in flames here.

We have a Class 175 visa, but due to certain circumstances it is looking like it will expire without us being in Aus. Timing is not great, but I want to ask whether I can salvage any of the previous paperwork that I supplied for the original visa. Plan is to potentially apply in a year or 2. From a timing perspective this works well, as the youngest will be university age by then. Currently 13, but adamant she does not want to go.

My profession has not changed and I am in fact still working at the same firm, doing the same job (sad).

Any pointers welcomed.

Thanks
Old Feb 6th 2015, 8:52 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I salvage anything from current visa for next application?

Originally Posted by juckky
Ok. Please don't shoot me down in flames here.

We have a Class 175 visa, but due to certain circumstances it is looking like it will expire without us being in Aus. Timing is not great, but I want to ask whether I can salvage any of the previous paperwork that I supplied for the original visa. Plan is to potentially apply in a year or 2. From a timing perspective this works well, as the youngest will be university age by then. Currently 13, but adamant she does not want to go.

My profession has not changed and I am in fact still working at the same firm, doing the same job (sad).

Any pointers welcomed.

Thanks
Unfortunately you'll probably not be able to salvage much if any. Skills assessments are only valid for a couple of years, as well as IELTS if needed. Medicals and police checks will need to be done again as well.

You will need to check that your occupation is still on the skills list, and that the criteria for obtaining a skills assessment hasn't changed.

When does your current visa expire?
Old Feb 6th 2015, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

juckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to beholdjuckky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Unfortunately you'll probably not be able to salvage much if any. Skills assessments are only valid for a couple of years, as well as IELTS if needed. Medicals and police checks will need to be done again as well.

You will need to check that your occupation is still on the skills list, and that the criteria for obtaining a skills assessment hasn't changed.
Ok. Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks.

When does your current visa expire?
End of April 2015. Still time, but looking very unlikely now.
Old Feb 6th 2015, 9:05 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Ok. Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks.

End of April 2015. Still time, but looking very unlikely now.
Did you spend any time here to possibly get an RRV, or just validate?
Old Feb 6th 2015, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Did you spend any time here to possibly get an RRV, or just validate?
Just validated.
Old Feb 6th 2015, 9:13 am

Just validated.
Oh well, it was a thought.

The other thing would be if one of you could make the move while the visa is valid and possibly give the others a shot at RRV later.

Or as you say, do it all again when you're more ready to move. One thing to be aware of though is that the cost has increased dramatically since every person included in the application now pays a fee
Old Feb 6th 2015, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

The other thing would be if one of you could make the move while the visa is valid and possibly give the others a shot at RRV later.
That was another possible option. The main worry for us is that we don't have much savings (20k), and I have let my IT skills take a tumble so concerned about getting a job.

Just say that I arrived in Aus before April, and my Wife and Daughter were to come out sometime later after their Class 175 visas had expired, would they be able to enter Aus, and would my Daughter be able to attend school and my wife work?

Or as you say, do it all again when you're more ready to move. One thing to be aware of though is that the cost has increased dramatically since every person included in the application now pays a fee
Ok. I was unaware of that. But thanks.
Old Feb 6th 2015, 5:23 pm

That was another possible option. The main worry for us is that we don't have much savings (20k), and I have let my IT skills take a tumble so concerned about getting a job.

Just say that I arrived in Aus before April, and my Wife and Daughter were to come out sometime later after their Class 175 visas had expired, would they be able to enter Aus, and would my Daughter be able to attend school and my wife work?

Ok. I was unaware of that. But thanks.
If you went first, your wife and daughter would have to apply for an RRV. They would have to make a case to a CO that wouldn't be straight forward but they could show ties to you which would help.
Old Feb 7th 2015, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

If you went first, your wife and daughter would have to apply for an RRV. They would have to make a case to a CO that wouldn't be straight forward but they could show ties to you which would help.
Ok. Many thanks for you help