Can Anybody Help

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice
Default Can Anybody Help

hi everybody we were wondering if anybody can give us advice,we are awaiting for my wifes dima outcome.
it arrived in adelaide at the dima office on the 21st of feb 2006.
we have a daughter who was 18 on the 25th of feb however she is doing a levels and is fully dependent on us she will be in school until summer this year.
she will then go to college until we get a result what we want to know under the dima rules is she allowed to get a summer job for some pocket money
when her exams finish thanks jamesflorraine
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:06 am
Just Joined

tonyandlynne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Anybody Help

Hi Jamesflorraine,

As far as i am aware when you get all your visas they will be all working working which means you can all work in Oz.

Lynne
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:07 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesflorraine
hi everybody we were wondering if anybody can give us advice,we are awaiting for my wifes dima outcome.
it arrived in adelaide at the dima office on the 21st of feb 2006.
we have a daughter who was 18 on the 25th of feb however she is doing a levels and is fully dependent on us she will be in school until summer this year.
she will then go to college until we get a result what we want to know under the dima rules is she allowed to get a summer job for some pocket money
when her exams finish thanks jamesflorraine
Hi James,

Generally if a dependent is under 18 at time of application then there's no problem, and generally a full-time student over 18 can also have a part-time job but it all depends on the circumstances.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 2:37 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi James,

Generally if a dependent is under 18 at time of application then there's no problem,
George
I thought all dependency issues were assessed at time of decision, not time of application?
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:57 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
George
I thought all dependency issues were assessed at time of decision, not time of application?

Hi Jeremy,

I didn't want to go into detail as generally you'd want to know more about the OP's situation before being definitive, but the following extract from the PAMS with respect to secondary applicants for a 136 probably explains my point:

7.2 Continued eligibility

For 136.321, applicants are required (under s104 of the Act) to notify changes in their circumstances, including eg changes in the composition of their family unit as a result of birth, death or change in marital status.

Officers may consider this criterion satisfied provided:

• there is no evidence (or notification) to the contrary and

• no significant time has elapsed since the application was made; otherwise, officers are to check that there has been no material change in the family’s circumstances.

Cheers,

George Lombard