Child 'known as' change of name

Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Child 'known as' change of name

hello everyone tis only me
anyone got some wise advice for me please?
When i married my eldest child (from previous relationship) was 6. From the day we married he became known as S******* (my married name). We didnt sign any documents etc just told school, doctors, child benefit etc that he was now known my the new name. He has a passport in the new name which wasnt much of a problem getting.
Do you reckon i am going to need to show any supporting evidence of his name change for visa application? (he is 18 now and coming as a dependent)
Thought i may as well start gathering information and evidence whilst TRAis getting processed
thanks
mandy
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Haley & Craig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Child 'known as' change of name

Hi daunted - I was in a very similar situation as your oldest. I've pm'd you,
Haley
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Haley - off to read
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
hello everyone tis only me
anyone got some wise advice for me please?
When i married my eldest child (from previous relationship) was 6. From the day we married he became known as S******* (my married name). We didnt sign any documents etc just told school, doctors, child benefit etc that he was now known my the new name. He has a passport in the new name which wasnt much of a problem getting.
Do you reckon i am going to need to show any supporting evidence of his name change for visa application? (he is 18 now and coming as a dependent)
Thought i may as well start gathering information and evidence whilst TRAis getting processed
thanks
mandy
Hi mandy,

Think you'd better get in touch with a solicitor, they offer a free 10 minute conversation or try this website -

http://www.yourrights.org.uk/cgi-bin...;f=19;t=001823

I found this very useful, just put a post on, you will get lots of replies and lots on there who are very familiar with legal

S-j x
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the replies.
seems initially it isnt a problem as he has a passport BUT original name is on birth certificate. I was pointed in the direction of a deed pole site and now have said deep pole ordered and on its way as soon as my cheque arrives. Cost £34 in case anyone else is in same situation.
Thanks everyone x
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

well done

s-j x
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies.
seems initially it isnt a problem as he has a passport BUT original name is on birth certificate. I was pointed in the direction of a deed pole site and now have said deep pole ordered and on its way as soon as my cheque arrives. Cost £34 in case anyone else is in same situation.
Thanks everyone x
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:29 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Good Morning All,,
We are in same situ 18 yr old birth cert biological father name on it changed to new married when she was 2. DIMIA have come back want to know why diffo name on birth certiicate to Passport. All they asked for was a letter from us to explain reason sighned by hubby and I.However wondering now if this why we are having delay in response from them. They got all that early Jan
Anne
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:52 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies.
Thanks everyone x
You don't need to do a deed poll. Just provide a letter with an explanation. Had to do this for myself (my name doesn't match the one on the birth certificate either) and the CO accepted this.

Gina
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:54 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GinaUK
You don't need to do a deed poll. Just provide a letter with an explanation. Had to do this for myself (my name doesn't match the one on the birth certificate either) and the CO accepted this.

Gina
Hi Gina

That is what we have just done all Co asked for , glad they accepted yours was a wee bit worried thinking this was why delay. Thanks

Anne
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK

Gina
Gina - i needed deed poll for myself and son as didnt match birth cert either. It was a requested document.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Gina - i needed deed poll for myself and son as didnt match birth cert either. It was a requested document.
I myself had differant name on birth certicate, just sent a letter and backed it up with copies of new marriages etc that you can get from
www.1837.com
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:32 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

I wish COs would be consistant, theres people asked for deed poll others a letter with explanation ........
So confusing sometimes
Anne
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AVW
I wish COs would be consistant, theres people asked for deed poll others a letter with explanation ........
So confusing sometimes
Anne
I agree - my agent warned me of it and was quite concerned when I didnt have a deed poll - as you say its inconsistency with co's.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
I agree - my agent warned me of it and was quite concerned when I didnt have a deed poll - as you say its inconsistency with co's.
ours agent said just try and explain the situation in black and white with as much evidence to back it up, hence getting marriage certicates, as to confuse situations I was 'adopted' by mothers 2nd husband but have been known for 30 years as 3rd husbands name , all very confusing but they're going to let us in!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.