business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:51 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hey PJ & B...

This one will make you laugh: Sarah and I have just had a glass of Australia's finest to toast your and our emails that are coming tonight.......!!!!!!!!

There's nothing like being presumptuous is there..??

Here's hoping,
Craig.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Hey PJ & B...

This one will make you laugh: Sarah and I have just had a glass of Australia's finest to toast your and our emails that are coming tonight.......!!!!!!!!

Here's hoping,
Craig.
Hi guys

Thats great, cheers!!!!!!!!!!

Hope your right, cant wait up any longer or will fall asleep slumped over the keyboard waiting for our email.

Good night all

B
Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:23 pm
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PJ & B
Hi guys

Thats great, cheers!!!!!!!!!!

Hope your right, cant wait up any longer or will fall asleep slumped over the keyboard waiting for our email.

Good night all

B
Ditto.
Sweet dreams - about emails from Co's...

C & S
Old Jun 9th 2005, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice

Just got off the phone with a very nice women called Di who gave me loads of useful info, the one thing that really makes me feel good is that she commented on how accountants are ripping off brits regarding these business plans, she said that they are looking for a solid business plan that makes sense the more info the better, I am so glad that I am going to do it myself, and not paying the au$3k I was quoted for three pages of info I could have knocked together myself in under an hour!!!!

I will get cracking with the plan tommorow gathering the info, should take me abot a week.
Hi all

$3k for a few pages is a scam. That is a case of charging a full fee but delivering a cut down product.

Some States accept lower spec plans because they are chasing bodies rather than businesses, they don't get their population share of the migrant stream (WA and SA etc).

Other States like Qld, NSW and Victoria can afford to pick and choose, so they want to see your business case and they also want to know that you understand what you are letting yourself in for.

Qld are doing the right thing if they reject the overseas accountants' plans as they will not provide useful or credible local content.

$3k for 3 pages NOT a case of getting what you pay for.

A more suitable professional fee range would be half this for SA and WA, a tad less for Victoria, and about that fee range for Qld and NSW as long as you end up with about THIRTY pages of content.

Anyone who churns out plans in just a day or three is also dreaming - you should allow a few solid days for information gathering and then 30-40 hours for idea development, strategy formulation, wordsmithing and financial forecasting.

If anyone wants to see the type of business plan format that will result from the software Wildmark is using, you can download a sample migration business plan here. http://www.statesponsorship.com.au/XYZ_Aus_Limited.pdf

Wildmark is using the right software product for Qld, the sample plan is an example of would be Ok for NSW/Qld/Victoria but it is a bit over spec for SA and WA. SA and WA would be pleased to receive a plan in this format though.

Another planning product is MAUS.

Wildmark, the plan software has a spell check but we suggest you export to MS Word and spell check it there if you want to use English spelling to avoid looking like you used cut and paste from other places.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 12:27 pm
Aussie Citizen

Hey PJ & B...

Here's hoping,
Craig.
D'oh..!!!
One glass of wine and I think I'm infallible..!!
Well, that's finally put paid to my psychic reputation - thank goodness..!!

Guess we'll just wait and see what tonight brings.........

RT.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jamie Smith
Hi all

$3k for a few pages is a scam. That is a case of charging a full fee but delivering a cut down product.

Some States accept lower spec plans because they are chasing bodies rather than businesses, they don't get their population share of the migrant stream (WA and SA etc).

Other States like Qld, NSW and Victoria can afford to pick and choose, so they want to see your business case and they also want to know that you understand what you are letting yourself in for.

Qld are doing the right thing if they reject the overseas accountants' plans as they will not provide useful or credible local content.

$3k for 3 pages NOT a case of getting what you pay for.

A more suitable professional fee range would be half this for SA and WA, a tad less for Victoria, and about that fee range for Qld and NSW as long as you end up with about THIRTY pages of content.

Anyone who churns out plans in just a day or three is also dreaming - you should allow a few solid days for information gathering and then 30-40 hours for idea development, strategy formulation, wordsmithing and financial forecasting.

If anyone wants to see the type of business plan format that will result from the software Wildmark is using, you can download a sample migration business plan here. http://www.statesponsorship.com.au/XYZ_Aus_Limited.pdf

Wildmark is using the right software product for Qld, the sample plan is an example of would be Ok for NSW/Qld/Victoria but it is a bit over spec for SA and WA. SA and WA would be pleased to receive a plan in this format though.

Another planning product is MAUS.

Wildmark, the plan software has a spell check but we suggest you export to MS Word and spell check it there if you want to use English spelling to avoid looking like you used cut and paste from other places.

I have had a meeting with my accountant this morning and we have come up with a compromise on the content, I wanted a full spec plan but did not realise the time required...and the cost, so were meeting in the middle, It will look the dogs danglies, your right the software is acceptable to the Queensland development department, I asked them and they listed it along with two others. Yes also to the spell check, its all American.

Mark

PS The software has hundreds of samples of most business's I could pick yours and fax/email you the sample...well worth buying IMHP
Old Jun 9th 2005, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Wink Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Myself and Jill have just got back from having our finger prints taken at Blackpool police station so we can send off and get our Canadian police checks done...OMG what an experience that was, not the finger prints, but the 25 minutes wait in the waiting room !!!!! battered wifes (more than one) villains waiting to be charged.

Oh well, as the girl who did our prints said...it will be worth it in the end.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

D'oh..!!!
One glass of wine and I think I'm infallible..!!
Well, that's finally put paid to my psychic reputation - thank goodness..!!

Guess we'll just wait and see what tonight brings.........

RT.
Hi there

Yeah know what you mean, one glass of wine and i wanna put the whole world to rights!!!!!!!!!

Maybe your psychic powers were off key, due to the intake of alcohol!!!!I trust your predictions anyway.

No email yet either!!!!Don't think i have the energy to sit up again tonight waiting.

Sure we will both hear something soon.

B
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

jaselee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question for you all,

Have begun reading up on the business visa catergory and would like know what class the 163 visa is please?

Is it the standard provisional business owner category?

Thanks for now. Just want to make sure I'm singing off the same hyme sheet as you all

Thanks

J
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:17 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

[Hello 163'ers!

Havent posted this week much, but been reading all your posts daily - huge, huge congrats on the stages you are at presently!!!

Not posted, cause not much to say...... still no flippin news - been 7 weeks plus now, and still no sponsership - feeling a little disheartened to be honest, cause was told by out agents 2 -3 weeks max. If this is how long the 1st stage is, how long for the actual visa???

Anyway............. enough of my moaning!! Its lovely weather here in 'Brissol', and makes me think how many days in Oz we get with this weather! (ie. a heck of a lot more!!!! )

Good vibes to all out there! Later

Nicola

Hi, Jaselee

I am no expert, but yes the 163 is the business visa category. Any questions.... these guys are experts!!! (Oh, and psychics!!) lol.

Crikey............ just got to add.... I am sorry, I am coming over so impatient! I guess its just my nature, and not being in control. . dont mean to moan, life is short.......... don't worry be happy

Last edited by The Vallies; Jun 9th 2005 at 8:26 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hi, Jaselee

I am no expert, but yes the 163 is the business visa category. Any questions.... these guys are experts!!! (Oh, and psychics!!) lol.[/QUOTE]

Am I missing the joke on the psychics thing?...me being a newbie I guess I'm not quite connecting properly with the rest of the 163'ers out there.

Anyway sent some info off the SBDC tonight to request some market research info. See what comes.

In't it exciting!!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:29 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jaselee
Am I missing the joke on the psychics thing?...me being a newbie I guess I'm not quite connecting properly with the rest of the 163'ers out there.

Anyway sent some info off the SBDC tonight to request some market research info. See what comes.

In't it exciting!!
Hi Jaselee

Good luck with everything, where are you hoping to settle? Have you been there before?

Nicola
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Hi Jaselee

Good luck with everything, where are you hoping to settle? Have you been there before?

Nicola
Looking for slightly north of Perth as this is being developed at present. Went over at Xmas and stayed in Joondalup. Fantastic. Got the bug straight away. My wife and son went over first (work commitments etc) and then I followed 4 days later. Her parents were already out there so they were safe. I got off the plane, walked out the airport and reckon within 30 minutes was convinced this place was for me. The next 3 weeks of sheer bliss, definitely drove it home even more.

What about you?..been before?
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Quick question, will the new proposed company in Oz have to be in my name or can we have two equal shares, and whats the Pty bit on the end of some Ltd company names????

Cheers

Mark
Old Jun 9th 2005, 9:01 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

Originally Posted by jaselee
Looking for slightly north of Perth as this is being developed at present. Went over at Xmas and stayed in Joondalup. Fantastic. Got the bug straight away. My wife and son went over first (work commitments etc) and then I followed 4 days later. Her parents were already out there so they were safe. I got off the plane, walked out the airport and reckon within 30 minutes was convinced this place was for me. The next 3 weeks of sheer bliss, definitely drove it home even more.

What about you?..been before?

I know!!!!! My hubby lived in South Perth as a child (his Dad is a doctor), and we went for a holiday last Nov (stayed in Beldon - loved it, and Ocean Reef, Joondalup, Hilarys, just gorgeous, etc).

We own a small hotel near Bath, so are hoping our 'hospitality' skills are in dire need!! LOL!

Whats your business?

Nicola

Hi Mark,
Sorry cant help much, but when we were investigating, I am sure that so long as we had 10% investment in a company that reached the criteria and could prove it, etc., that was ok. Don't quote me though, I may be wrong.

Hope you get a better (more responsible) response

Nicola

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.