business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Jul 30th 2005, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

jaselee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by wildmark
Anyone.
Hi,

We're off to WA and looking to settle around Perth somewhere. North of South no real preference. The business's final location will be the deciding factor really.

Cheers for now

J
Old Jul 30th 2005, 10:19 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Anyone.
Sorry Mark...

We're leaving the sunny climes of West Yorkshire and are heading for WA.
Anywhere from Perth's northern suburbs down as far south as Bunbury. We're of the same mindset as many on here: the best location for the business will ultimately dictate our final location.

ATB,
RT.
Old Jul 30th 2005, 1:24 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

G'day 163'ers

We're off to the NW Expats meet now, then from there we're heading straight down to sunny South Wales to visit a bunch of rellies...
During the week, we'll be seeing my aged grandparents and telling them that we're taking their great-grandsons off to the other side of the world... hmmm, that should be fun..!!

Oh well, we figured we'd do it this way so that we'll have the chance to see them again before we go - at least this way we're not telling them then getting straight on a plane..!! It will have had time to sink in by the time we see them again.

So, we'll be incommunicado for the next few days.
Take care all. All the best,
Craig, Sarah & the Roguettes.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

Hope you've all had a pleasant weekend....soon be back to work tomorrow..GREAT!!...hopefully won't have to say that much more, or not in the current set up anyway.

Question for you all...Those "who have started down the path to Sunny Side"

Have you made any serious enquiries into shipping your belongings?
If yes....
How much can you ship? (average, as I appreciate this can vary)
Rough cost?
What do you plan to ship?

I would be very grateful for a bit of an insight into this area.

Thanks for now

J
Old Jul 31st 2005, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaselee
Hi all,

Have you made any serious enquiries into shipping your belongings?
If yes....
How much can you ship? (average, as I appreciate this can vary)
Rough cost?
What do you plan to ship?

I would be very grateful for a bit of an insight into this area.

Thanks for now

J
We plan to ship most stuff. Containers are 20ft or 40ft. Most people seem to fit their stuff in a 20ft one and cost seems to be around £3500 I think + insurance at 2%. We might take some shopfittings particular to our trade and may also look at the cost of taking a small amount of stock to give us something a bit different to start with. All depends on import duties. It seems, get a few to quote then haggle a bit. Also look at what they are providing, eg removal of rubbish at other end etc.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by foxychic
We might take some shopfittings particular to our trade and may also look at the cost of taking a small amount of stock to give us something a bit different to start with.
Thanks for the info foxy...I had guessed around the £4k mark so not too far off.

You talked about shopfittings. Am I right in the fact that your in the bike business. What sort of bikes and is this your intentions for Oz as your considering taking these fittings with you?

Cheers

J
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info foxy...I had guessed around the £4k mark so not too far off.

You talked about shopfittings. Am I right in the fact that your in the bike business. What sort of bikes and is this your intentions for Oz as your considering taking these fittings with you?

Cheers

J
Hi, that's right we are in the bike business - mountain bikes, road, trials, bmx, kids, everything really. This is what we intend to do in Aus and from experience here you often only get good POS stuff when you order large stocking deals, so we figure, if we take some of it with us we can look good from the start! We also have things like some huge GT stands that we don't use at the moment but again would be great for starters and would save $$$.

Biggest fear is will we get the suppliers we want but we're not gonna know that till we get there. Have tried approaching a couple of companies but understandably they won't talk to you until you have a premises.

Regards what to take, I went to a meet on Saturday, some people are taking most stuff (like us) others are taking nothing and buying all new. I have heard people say good and bad about both ways. Guess it is personal choice. Yeah it would be nice to buy everything new but I think that can seriously add up to a lot of money. As we don't intend starting a business for 6 months at least, we may have a low income during this time, and I feel having to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on stuff you skipped back home would be hard to deal with.

FC

Last edited by foxychic; Aug 1st 2005 at 8:07 am.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Cheers

J
Were in the fortunate position that most of our bigger items suite, beds etc are on there last legs and need replacing so we will do that when we get there, we will be taking all the furniture from the company ie desks partitions etc so we will be able to get away with a 20ft container.

Still £3500 seems a lot is that for 20ft or 40ft?
Old Aug 1st 2005, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

Were in the fortunate position that most of our bigger items suite, beds etc are on there last legs and need replacing so we will do that when we get there, we will be taking all the furniture from the company ie desks partitions etc so we will be able to get away with a 20ft container.

Still £3500 seems a lot is that for 20ft or 40ft?
Hi Mark

We are not taking any furniture either, just personal stuff, kids bikes, cds, some electrical items and PJ's tools. We went to the Sandown Migration Expo and spoke to quite a few shipping companies and were told it is possible to share a 40ft container which is about £3000/£4000, and split the cost, so if you just wanted 10ft of space you just pay for that. This is what we will probably do.

B
Old Aug 1st 2005, 11:55 am
Just Joined

OldFolk is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone.
Hi Wildmark

We are hoping to go to Perth/Mandurah area. We don't really know as we will be going in completely blind (probably mad) as we have never been to WA. We have been to NSW and Victoria and somehow decided Perth would be better for us being a smaller city. Mandurah seems to be growing so we thought there may well be some better business opportunities there.

Hopefully we will love it when we get there, but we'll never know if we don't try it.

Good luck with your business plan

Oldfolk
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Hi J

We are planning to just take suitcases, will probably go via USA, airfares cost more but you get extra luggage allowance. I expect we will have to ship a few boxes, sentimental stuff like photos.

Both being divorced we have got a weird assortment of unmatching furniture that is either old and knackered or new and cheap. It will be a new start for us together and will no doubt cause a few arguments as we have very different tastes!

Oldfolk
Old Aug 1st 2005, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boogie65
Hi Wildmark

We're going to Sunshine Coast, hopefully Mountain Creek area near Maloolaba. We visited in Feb/March this year as part of our "fact find" trip before submitting to Queensland for sponsorship, and fell in love with it. An English guy we know who went out on his £10 passage years ago says "One day it's perfect - the next day it's Paradise!". We couldn't put it better ourselves.

When are you planning to do your reccy?

Best wishes

Chrissy
Your going to an area we have been looking at, but never ever been there you dont know until you see for yourself.

Were we go will be dictated by the target market, we sell photocopiers etc so we need to be in a large industrial area, we spesialise in the medium sized business's so it might be a case of living in between Brisbane and Gold Coast or Brisbane and Sunshine Coast.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OldFolk
Hi J

We are planning to just take suitcases,
Hi guys,

How exciting is that....just turn up in a new part of the world with just you, a bag full of clothes and another bag full of dreams!! COOL!!

the friends we met did exactly that. Sold up everything and just left for Oz with almost only their clothes on their backs.

They seemed quite happy to me. How much do we need to take as I plan to wear shorts the whole time.

Do you plan to stop off in the USA?

Cheers

J
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Hi guys,

How exciting is that....just turn up in a new part of the world with just you, a bag full of clothes and another bag full of dreams!! COOL!!

the friends we met did exactly that. Sold up everything and just left for Oz with almost only their clothes on their backs.

They seemed quite happy to me. How much do we need to take as I plan to wear shorts the whole time.

Do you plan to stop off in the USA?

Cheers

J
Hi J

Exciting and very scary. Yes, the plan is to stop off in LA to visit rellies.

Think you'll need more than just shorts, not sure where you are heading, but they do have winter in Perth.

If you want to check the weather try www.wunderground.com. Put in the city of your choice and click on history, you can then enter a date and it will show you what the weather was by the hour.

Oldfolk
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:12 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

G'day guys

We are planning Perth area too! Loved Hilarys, Sorento, Ocean reef when we went over last year, but keen to investigate South of River at end of year (especailly heard good things about Secret Harbour!).

I cant believe RT's memory (re: Nathan etc) I struggle (need to scroll down) with the last few posts! LOL!!

We havent looked yet at shipping costs.... but golly... animal shipping costs!!!

Nicola
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.