business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Apr 30th 2005, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Pasha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Oh - Bengyboo to the rescue!! We were so very anxious to hear how your interview went!!!

Congratulations on having handled everything so well!!! What a wonderful feeling that must be for you!!! A relief too - I presume - to get that out of the way!!!

The questions do indeed sound very straight forward - right on track with the types of questions we were expecting.

Boy!!! Now you've REALLY got me wondering why we've spent money on an agent!!! Oh Well!!! At the time, we did not realize how straight forward the process was actually going to be!! Even with an agent, I have so meticulously put our package together - that she has stated that she's never had the pleasure of working with such organized clients. Apparently many people just send their agents hand-written "chicken scratch" and expect the agent to sort through it all!!! Oh Well - Atleast our agent isn't as expensive as some - so I don't feel entirely ripped off!!! We certainly have done everything ourselves - so there's no fear in us not knowing our own affairs.

But - as I've stated before, I am so proud of all of you that have gone it alone. I guess, if I had known last summer all that I know now, perhaps we, too, would have gone it alone. I ESPECIALLY feel that way since discovering this board - and particularly this thread that PJ & B started. Oh Well - Enough of me dribbling on about the money we could have saved!!!!

So - JUNE!!!! Wow!!! You must be beside yourself!!! That is just the most wonderful news!!!

It certainly looks as though there will be small onslaught of "163'ers" celebrating Christmas Day in WA!!!

Ohhh.....I love the sound of that!!!

Regards.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Bengyboo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pasha
Oh - Bengyboo to the rescue!! We were so very anxious to hear how your interview went!!!

Congratulations on having handled everything so well!!! What a wonderful feeling that must be for you!!! A relief too - I presume - to get that out of the way!!!

The questions do indeed sound very straight forward - right on track with the types of questions we were expecting.

Boy!!! Now you've REALLY got me wondering why we've spent money on an agent!!! Oh Well!!! At the time, we did not realize how straight forward the process was actually going to be!! Even with an agent, I have so meticulously put our package together - that she has stated that she's never had the pleasure of working with such organized clients. Apparently many people just send their agents hand-written "chicken scratch" and expect the agent to sort through it all!!! Oh Well - Atleast our agent isn't as expensive as some - so I don't feel entirely ripped off!!! We certainly have done everything ourselves - so there's no fear in us not knowing our own affairs.

But - as I've stated before, I am so proud of all of you that have gone it alone. I guess, if I had known last summer all that I know now, perhaps we, too, would have gone it alone. I ESPECIALLY feel that way since discovering this board - and particularly this thread that PJ & B started. Oh Well - Enough of me dribbling on about the money we could have saved!!!!

So - JUNE!!!! Wow!!! You must be beside yourself!!! That is just the most wonderful news!!!

It certainly looks as though there will be small onslaught of "163'ers" celebrating Christmas Day in WA!!!

Regards.
Boxing day round mine everyone?
New years eve at Pasha's, New years day chill out at Craig and Sarah's
PJ and B will be having the Jacuzzi fitted so they will want us all to meet them at the beach on Christmas day afternoon.
Hhmmmmmmmm dreamy........

Don't feel ripped off, it has only been possible for us because my work allows it. It must have taken us 100hrs to do it all, £ for time it's about the same as if I had got someone else to do it.

If it is June, me and Mrs Bengyboo have decided September at the earliest for move, possibly into Oct. But I will be going out before that to try and get house organised, so it's not so hard on the kids when we first land.

Cr*p I hope the meds are ok now!! I shouldn't worry, did anyone else catch the program to other night about the guy who doctors discovered had a tumour in his head completly out of the blue. Makes you think.......

Things like that make you want to live life a little more, whats the worst that can happen to us moving to Oz...we come home. Not a brain tumour is it?
Old Apr 30th 2005, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bengyboo
PJ and B will be having the Jacuzzi fitted so they will want us all to meet them at the beach on Christmas day afternoon.

Don't feel ripped off, it has only been possible for us because my work allows it. It must have taken us 100hrs to do it all, £ for time it's about the same as if I had got someone else to do it.

If it is June, me and Mrs Bengyboo have decided September at the earliest for move, possibly into Oct. But I will be going out before that to try and get house organised, so it's not so hard on the kids when we first land.

Cr*p I hope the meds are ok now!! I shouldn't worry, did anyone else catch the program to other night about the guy who doctors discovered had a tumour in his head completly out of the blue. Makes you think.......

Things like that make you want to live life a little more, whats the worst that can happen to us moving to Oz...we come home. Not a brain tumour is it?
Just LOVING the fantasy!!! Party at our place anytime!!! I often drift off into dreamland!!!

No - I suppose we shouldn't feel too ripped off!! Our agent does indeed charge far less than others out there. She's a former lawyer, now working from home as an agent. Without the overhead expenses, she's able to offer extremely competitive rates. The sad thing is that, like you, I too have put an amazing amount of time into this application process - ensuring that everything is very orderly, professional and presentable. As we work from home, I've been very fortunate to dedicate my life to this application process!!! I see, now, that all our agent is really doing for us is answering the odd question, and preparing the DIMIA forms. Oh Well!!! To make ourselves feel better - we just keep justifying it by saying "it's an investment in our future...it's an investment in our future.....it's an investment in our future!!!" It really does work to tell ourselves that!!!!

Your comment about the meds is funny!!! It certainly doesn't take much to start worrying about the silliest of things!!

But - no worries - I'm sure that none of us has brain tumors!!!

Regards.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Bengyboo]Boxing day round mine everyone?

Hi BB

Wow.....good news well done mate (June)!!!!!!! Boxing Day, we will bring the beers, sounds great.

Thanks for the SP on the interview, nice to know what they ask, i worry about things like that, PJ is so relaxed about it all (i'm sure is was an Aussie in a previous life), he is very laid back about everything and says he will just be honest in the interview, he says if you didnt know what you were talking about, you wouldnt be going on this type of visa in the first place!!!

I'm worried about the meds as well, but i,m sure they will be fine.

Any info about the order of the checklist would be great.

Will let you know when the jacuzzi is up and running!!!!!!!!

Craig & Sarah

We are both at the same stage now, we can help each other out as we compile our applications.

We should be screaming and shouting "WE GOT IT" about the same time.

New Years Day at your then!!!!!!!

Pasha

Positive as ever, i love to read your posts, so full of energy.

Start getting ready for that New Years Eve Party!!!!!!!

HK

Please let us know when you get your Sponsorship, sounds like you have done your homework , like us all, cant see any reason why you wont get it.
Wont be long now, i can feel it, just like RT.

Will be taking you up on that offer for a Bar-B in Sunshine Coast next year!!!

Take Care All

B
Old Apr 30th 2005, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PJ & B
.....PJ is so relaxed about it all (i'm sure is was an Aussie in a previous life), he is very laid back about everything and says he will just be honest in the interview, he says if you didnt know what you were talking about, you wouldnt be going on this type of visa in the first place!!!
B
Ahhhhhh......spoken like a true wise man!!!!

Pasha

Positive as ever, i love to read your posts, so full of energy.

Start getting ready for that New Years Eve Party!!!!!!!
B
Just bring your party hats!!!!

Regards.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 7:46 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

This plan should be written in stone - it's got the makings of a TOP Christmas..!!! We confirm the New Years Day chill-out at ours.

........whats the worst that can happen to us moving to Oz...we come home
Absolutely right B-Boo - we've said this all the way through.

.......it's an investment in our future...it's an investment in our future.....it's an investment in our future!!!
You're spot-on Pasha: it IS an investment in your future... and without this thread I reckon a lot more of us would be paying for an agent.

Craig & Sarah
We are both at the same stage now, we can help each other out as we compile our applications.
We should be screaming and shouting "WE GOT IT" about the same time.
New Years Day at your then!!!!!!!
Couldn't agree more... Sarah was saying earlier that we ought to compare notes (application packs) over a coffee (or a glass of wine!!)...
You're right - we'll be posting our "Got It" notices together.

I second what B said - I love reading your posts, Pasha. You are 100% positive - you were born to be an Aussie..!!

Go 163'ers!!!!!!!
Craig.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Helium Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

Bengyboo,

Myself and the Missus are delighted for you and your Family. Glad everything went so well for you and many thanks for the feedback.

Hope you get well and truly bladdered at some point during the course of this weekend.......you are certainly entitled!!LOL

Things are certainly hotting up in 163 Land...

HK.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

PJ & B,

I can guarantee you that if my sponsorship is approved then Rogue Trader's celebration post will be a mere whimper compared to mine.LOL!!

HK.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 8:06 am
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all
Talking Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Helium Kid
PJ & B,

I can guarantee you that if my sponsorship is approved then Rogue Trader's celebration post will be a mere whimper compared to mine.LOL!!

HK.
YOU GO FOR IT, HK.....!!!!!!!
Cause them some REAL bandwidth problems - you deserve it...

RT.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

WAKE UP you guys!!! WAKE UP!!! Here I sit - all alone - all by myself - as my fellow "163'ers" are all sound asleep. Hmmm.....it's very lonely out here in cyberspace right now while my UK friends sleep - on the other side of the world!!!

Oh Well - one day we'll all be on the same schedule!! YUP - not too much longer!!!

Alright - I'll go find something else to do while you guys are snoozing!!!!

Nighty Night!!!

Regards
Old Apr 30th 2005, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

WAKE UP you guys!!! WAKE UP!!! Here I sit - all alone - all by myself - as my fellow "163'ers" are all sound asleep. Hmmm.....it's very lonely out here in cyberspace right now while my UK friends sleep - on the other side of the world!!!

Oh Well - one day we'll all be on the same schedule!! YUP - not too much longer!!!

Nighty Night!!!

Regards

Well I'm up now. Where the heck are you???!!!LOL
Old Apr 30th 2005, 8:15 pm
Aussie Citizen

Nighty Night!!!

Regards
Aaawwww Pasha.... we feel so sorry for you - we reckon you ought to set your clocks to our time so you don't miss out...

Mind you, we agree with HK....... we're up and at it now and where are you...??? Nowhere to be seen..!! LOL

Catch ya L8R
Craig n Sarah.
Old May 1st 2005, 6:45 am
Aussie Citizen

.....I also found out about the correct order for documents for you all, as the checklist is a bit confusing. We can talk about that later, but interview nothing to worry about.
From the posts I have read from you all, none of us 163'ers will have any problems.
BENGYBOO..... hope your post-celebration hangover wasn't too bad.....

OK, a joke's a joke, but the suspense is KILLING us... we've managed to leave it OVER 24 HOURS before pestering you, but we've set ourselves a goal of sending the application pack by Monday 9th May, so we've only got a week to go........ so we're looking to you to spill the beans on the presentation of the application pack (order, etc).

We're waiting with bated breath for our leader's instructions...!!!! ;-)

Thanks M8,
C&S
Old May 1st 2005, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
BENGYBOO..... hope your post-celebration hangover wasn't too bad.....

OK, a joke's a joke, but the suspense is KILLING us... we've managed to leave it OVER 24 HOURS before pestering you, but we've set ourselves a goal of sending the application pack by Monday 9th May, so we've only got a week to go........ so we're looking to you to spill the beans on the presentation of the application pack (order, etc).

We're waiting with bated breath for our leader's instructions...!!!! ;-)

Thanks M8,
C&S
Well - just like you Rogue Trader - I need my beauty rest too!!! But - now I'm back doing more "research"!!! I like this "research" stuff!!!

At the rate things are moving along with our agent, I wouldn't be surprised if you (RT) get your application submitted to DIMIA before us!!! We've been awaiting a package that she has sent us (via post) - for our review, signatures, etc. It still has not arrived. So - hopefully it arrives this week, and we, too, can look towards getting everything squared away.

Yes, we 'spawn' could certainly benefit from as much instruction from our leader, BB, as possible.

Regards.
Old May 1st 2005, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Bengyboo is an unknown quantity at this point

Well - just like you Rogue Trader - I need my beauty rest too!!! But - now I'm back doing more "research"!!! I like this "research" stuff!!!

At the rate things are moving along with our agent, I wouldn't be surprised if you (RT) get your application submitted to DIMIA before us!!! We've been awaiting a package that she has sent us (via post) - for our review, signatures, etc. It still has not arrived. So - hopefully it arrives this week, and we, too, can look towards getting everything squared away.

Yes, we 'spawn' could certainly benefit from as much instruction from our leader, BB, as possible.

Regards.
Feel free to say or ask me to clarify if this makes no sense at all.....
Here's what we did:
Lever arch file with a number of those plastic see through drop-in wallet thingys. Each section (separated by page separator thingys with tab) had one or more plastic wallets depending on how much info. The separators go in every time they have a blue flag thingy on the checklist.

Sections are ordered from end of checklist, form 80 was my number 1-1.
Then separator, then passport photos were 2-1.
Certified copies of documents to verify custody was section 2-2.
Etc etc up to Form 47A for all dependants aged 18 or over which was 2-7 for us I think.

Then at the start of each of these sections in the plastic wallet on top I did a little contents page with brief explanation of what is in each section. So for section 2 something like:

Contents:
Section 2-7 form 47A for:
Me
Mrs BB
Little BB 1
Little BB 2

Section 2-6 birth certificates.

Section 2-5 Marriage/defacto etc.
And so on......just so the reader can tell where everything is, I also did a little typed address sticker thingy to go on front of every plastic wallet thingy.

So I ended up with form 47BT being in a wallet labelled as 8-1, but could be different depending on circumstance.

Sections go in folder the lowest number at the bottom, so in mine the section 8 was on top.

My CO told me they want it this way round, to go through in a certain order and when they add their documents they go on top as section 9 etc.

Just remember to add docs even if you think you have already covered it, for example I sent a couple of docs to prove defacto relationship but CO wants a little more.

This may save you a little time to get yours in 9 weeks!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.