business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Bengyboo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Helium Kid
You raise some interesting and detailed points there Jamie and I thank you for taking the trouble to post advice on this thread.

The filtering of funds through the business was more tongue in cheek than anything else and to be honest, the turnover criteria should be more than easily accomplished within the four years duration of the visa.

It's interesting that none of us have mentioned what line of business we are entering in to, and rightly so. If most of you are like me, you have a number of exclusive ideas up your sleeve.

My business in the UK has a turnover now of £500,000.00 (approx AU$1.2m) and I would expect to achieve that sort of turnover within four years in OZ.
Not a huge business turnover compared to some, but the profits are good and that helps a great deal.

The Queensland State Dept have come back with a few questions recently via my Agent, and this is where I think Agents are worth their weight in gold sometimes. They are able to liaise with staff at these Depts, and I know that mine have sorted many issues before the application for sponsorship is submitted.

We are very close now and I'm hopeful that stage one will be completed successfully soon.
We got our notification today that they have received our 163 application OK.

Not that it matters any more, we have just been reading through thread "Re: The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia".......Very very funny but it has a picture and description of Huntsman and other nasty occasional suprises.

Now no one wants to go anymore!! I am having second thoughts myself.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bengyboo

Not that it matters any more, we have just been reading through thread "Re: The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia".......Very very funny but it has a picture and description of Huntsman and other nasty occasional suprises.

Hi Bengyboo

Ive seen that thread!!!! have you you seen the one with the huntsman reading the paper on the loo? That cracked me up......

Just keep saying to yourself, they dont bite, they eat cocroaches and are friendly. My son asked me if he could have one as a pet.......AAAAAAAAArrrh

B
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
In the main application for the 163 visa - form 47BT - question 22 says, "How well do you communicate in English?" there is a NOTE attached saying, "If you have vocational English [the highest level] please attach evidence of this. This would normally be the results of an IELTS test".........

Cheers all,
Craig n Sarah.
Hi Craig & Sarah

If you havent found out about this yet have a look at page 26 of Booklet 7, it states you have to provide evidence that you are a native English speaker, i would have thought birth certificate, passport covers that. Also you can provide evidence by producing a degree, higher degree, diploma or trade certficate for any english instutute, or provide evidence of employment in an english speaking country for a considerable period (normally 2 years).

I work part-time for a Market Research Co, so thought i might ask them for something (worked there 3 years), also i am a Director for the business, so that should cover it. I think this has to cover both of you, we thought we would send PJs city & guilds certificate as well.

No need to have IELTS test done.

B

Last edited by PJ & B; Apr 18th 2005 at 9:22 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:51 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PJ & B
...page 26 of Booklet 7, it states you have to provide evidence that you are a native English speaker, i would have thought birth certificate, passport covers that.......No need to have IELTS test done
Nice one.... B to the rescue - again!

Hope to be able to return the compliment some time soon.

Thanks mate,
Craig n Sarah.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 10:14 pm
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Hi Bengyboo

Ive seen that thread!!!! have you you seen the one with the huntsman reading the paper on the loo? That cracked me up......
TRUE STORY for you all......
I was in Sydney a few years back and was sharing the house with a group of backpacking girls from England....

One night I was absolutely DELIGHTED to find a dead huntsman and I knew instantly what I should do [for anyone who hasn't seen one, these things are MASSIVE]

I waited until everyone was asleep and crept out and placed my friend on the toilet seat (under the lid); I laid awake hoping to hear the commotion when one of the girls got up to use the loo. Unfortunately I fell asleep, but I was not to be disappointed because suddenly, in the wee small hours, there was a blood-curdling scream that could be heard resounding around the Blue Mountains..!!!!!

No-one has EVER known I was responsible - till now... you guys are my priest and I have confessed.. Sorry!!!!!

Craig.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 10:31 pm
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by julesandco
.......not to beat around the bush, whilst we were over, we put a deposit on a lot in Secret Harbour. (We are applying for FIRB approval as we speak).......

.......We've had our police checks done and have the medicals booked for (wait for it...) Friday the 13th!!! Good omen? We hope so!.......

.......don't expect to get any sense out of us!.......

.......Ideally, we can all get together for a barbie round ours in 2006 - how cool would that be?.......
Hey Julesandco - WELCOME to the krayzee world of the 163'ers (as Bengyboo wisely named us - last Friday).

WOW, you guys are really ROCKING... You've not yet submitted your visa application, and whilst some of us here are worrying about whether to use staples or paperclips in the application, you guys are BUYING LAND 12000 miles away... GO FOR IT GUYS..!!!!!!!

Don't worry, you say we won't get any sense from you - well, you're in good company (although there's some real pearls of wisdom in this thread if you've got the time to do some trawling...)

Party at yours? Consider it booked..!! We've already arranged one at ours so that's two parties in 2006 and counting.... any advance on two, guys...?????

Good luck on the 13th.

Craig n Sarah.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pasha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bengyboo

Bengyboo - those nasty little surprises have gotten me thinking about things too - namely my dog!!! We're already worried about whether or not we should install a 'doggy door' in our home, and whether or not the dog will decide to feast on something she shouldn't - whilst out in the yard, etc.!!!

But - I must say - there's no little nasties that can stop me now!!! I'm sure you really feel the same way

Regards.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pasha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by julesandco
Hi Guys - thanks to a PM from Rogue Trader, we've finally found a thread that we can really relate to!

Well, where to start...... We went for our reccie to Perth in January this year - we have 3 kids, 7, 4 and 1. We loved the place. We liked the Northern suburbs, but think (realistically) the growth will be in the South - what with the new freeway and metro extension. So, not to beat around the bush, whilst we were over, we put a deposit on a lot in Secret Harbour. (We are applying for FIRB approval as we speak).

We met with SBDC whilst we were over and had our state sponsorship application ready to send whilst we were there. We heard we had been approved for state sponsorship in about a month.

We haven't actually submitted our main application as yet - we've just waiting for the end of year financials to be completed as, although we've already met the required turnover - they won't take "part-years" in the application. Stupid really, because we'd done the required turnover by last November and we have to wait..........

We've had our police checks done and have the medicals booked for (wait for it...) Friday the 13th!!! Good omen? We hope so! But for two adults and three kids - it's costing us a fortune!

The meds aren't requested, but we don't want to hold things up. Apparantly, once the case officer requests meds, you then have to wait for them to go through the pile and pick up yours again - which can take a while.

So, what with all the above, running a BUSY business from home (Oh yeah, and trying to get the house ready to sell), kids and parents - don't expect to get any sense out of us! Oh yes - and trying to negotiate an Aussie mortgage from the other side of the world!!

We used Nigel from Poms in Perth (always want to type that "Pimps in Perth" for some strange reason) for our reccie and he has been VERY helpful since. Being our contact over there as we don't have ANY family or friends in Oz. Are we mad? Yes, very probably!

Have I forgotten anything? Loads probably, but feel free to talk to us and we can all help each other through. Ideally, we can all get together for a barbie round ours in 2006 - how cool would that be?

Take care,

Jules.
Julesanco - It sure sounds as though you're right on the ball!!! How impressive that you've already put money down on a lot in Secret Harbour!!!

Geez - all this talk about Secret Harbour - makes me feel as though I missed out on seeing a great area while in Australia!!!! I was just saying to my husband that we'll have to get down there and check it out once we arrive!!!

Yes - it certainly seems that everything in daily life these days is a bit of a distraction - as all of our minds are on one thing - and one thing only!!!

It looks as though there will be lots of partying going on - as Rogue Trader has extended the invitation as well!!! We'll have to make our rounds - breaking in each of our homes with some real Aussie fun!!!

Regards.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Nice one.... B to the rescue - again!

Hope to be able to return the compliment some time soon.

Thanks mate,
Craig n Sarah.
Good morning Craig & Sarah,
Just trying to fill in the application forms but having trouble typing the information onto the forms. i noticed they are security protected. does this mean they have to be filled in by hand or am i doing something wrong.
All the best
PJ.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 5:04 pm
Aussie Citizen

Good morning Craig & Sarah,
Just trying to fill in the application forms but having trouble typing the information onto the forms. i noticed they are security protected. does this mean they have to be filled in by hand or am i doing something wrong.
All the best
PJ.
Hey PJ, how you going..?

Yeah, we would have liked to type our application forms but found we were unable to, so have resorted to the old-fashioned method (had almost forgotten how..!!!). We were able to type the SBDC sponsorship application and it looked FAR better than handwriting would have, but no such luck with the 47BT, 1136, etc.

If you do figure out a way, please give us a shout.

Cheers,
Craig.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hey PJ, how you going..?

We were able to type the SBDC sponsorship application
If you do figure out a way, please give us a shout.
Hey guys

Yea the SBDC application was so easy to type to, and looked good as a result.

PJ tried to figure a way to type onto the visa forms today, with no luck, so looks like i will have to practice my handwriting. He bought a box folder today and some dividing flags, he had a vision of our visa envelope arriving in Perth, someone opening it, and our paperwork flying all around the office, so we guessed it would be safer to leave it loose in the folder.

BTW where is everyone tonite, something good on telly i dont know about!!!

See ya

B
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Smile Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hey guys

Yea the SBDC application was so easy to type to, and looked good as a result.

PJ tried to figure a way to type onto the visa forms today, with no luck, so looks like i will have to practice my handwriting. He bought a box folder today and some dividing flags, he had a vision of our visa envelope arriving in Perth, someone opening it, and our paperwork flying all around the office, so we guessed it would be safer to leave it loose in the folder.

See ya

B
Hi, I'm around although other half is watching Hustle! We've booked our flights today for our visit over to Perth in Feb. Trying to find somewhere to stay for 10 of us! coming out with friends and Mum!!!Let me know if you know of anywhere....I think we have found somewhere in Wanaroo but not sure of the suburb or if it will be close enough to Perth for us, what do you all think. We need to come over and have a good nosey round north and south and decide where we're going to live if and when we get there!!!
night all............(had too many late nights sitting at this computer, am going to bed)
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:03 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Lightweight!! I can't believe how addictive this site is and I dread to think the hours I have spent pouring over it - I need to get a life (actually, I've got too much of one at the moment - my head can't keep up with it!)

Thanks for the kind words of welcome. It's good to know that there are others out there in the same boat to share the ups and downs with.

How are your families about you moving overseas? Both Paul and I have lost our Dads and it's doubly hard to leave your Mum on her own - but you can't live your lives through your parents. We have such a short window to apply really, what with the business turnover requirements and Paul just turning 40. Everything seems to have come together and it's as if fate is guiding us - OK that's far too New Age for me, but still.... The kids are young enough to make the move (and fairly up for the challenge). But I'm an only child and the further along the process we get, the more bitter my Mum seems to become. My little girl gets really upset when we talk about moving simply because she will miss her Nanny and Nanny has already told her that she won't be coming to visit. Perhaps things will change......... When we were over in Jan, we talked every day on the phone - it's so cheap with a phone card - less than 1c per minute in some cases!

Not having any family and friends in Oz doesn't help either - and knowing we'll have to meet the business criteria to stay - all these things Mum keeps throwing back at me "it'll be so much harder in Australia", "you'll have no-one to help with the kids", blah, blah, blah..... Yes Mum, but I don't want to wake up at 50 and realise that I've done nothing with my life and have all the "what ifs???" over my head.

God can't believe I've thanked you all for the friendly welcome with a rant and rave. Sorry. Just need some feedback about how your families are taking the idea, I guess.

Nighty night - see you bright and early in the morning!

Jules
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Hi, I'm around although other half is watching Hustle! We've booked our flights today for our visit over to Perth in Feb. Trying to find somewhere to stay for 10 of us! coming out with friends and Mum!!!Let me know if you know of anywhere....I think we have found somewhere in Wanaroo but not sure of the suburb or if it will be close enough to Perth for us, what do you all think. We need to come over and have a good nosey round north and south and decide where we're going to live if and when we get there!!!
night all............(had too many late nights sitting at this computer, am going to bed)

Hi Stumpy

Thats great news, you really are getting things moving now.

Have never been to Wanaroo, so sorry cant tell you much about it. We stayed in Central Perth, when we visited last year and then moved to Mandurah, which is south, we really liked it there. Theres quite a lot of hotels and motels there which are quite reasonably priced. Its really easy to get around by car, (not much traffic), so even if you are slightly out of the city, it shouldnt be too difficult to get there. The trains and buses are excellent too, and you never seem to have to wait very long. Mind you waiting for a bus in the sunshine is slightly different to waiting for one in the peeing rain here is it!!!

Stay in touch

B
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:13 pm
Aussie Citizen

.....He bought a box folder today and some dividing flags, he had a vision of our visa envelope arriving in Perth, someone opening it, and our paperwork flying all around the office, so we guessed it would be safer to leave it loose in the folder......

We had exactly the same vision of our blood, sweat and tears (visa application) blowing round the Perth processing centre, so we decided this morning to present it in the same way... great minds and all that..!!!!

We had a few emails to sent and then we were going to get going on here because we were HORRIFIED to find that our beloved thread had slipped to page 2 on the forum..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But by the time we got round to it, the faithful 163'ers had rescued it. Well done everyone!

Craig n Sarah.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.