business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hi there
Been through the same process on a 163 visa myself, we got sponsorship from NSW. You will first get notified that you have the sponsorship, then your agent will send you a copy of Form 949. On page 4 of this form it will show the validity. Ours stated it is 'valid for visa applications lodged before.....' and gave us a date a year out.
My agent confirmed he had another couple apply on a 163 to Queensland and they also got 12 months validity. So until you get the form you could probably assume you have 12 months to lodge your main application. We then worked to delay things a bit by going up to the end of the period allowed to get medicals, additional info etc back to them. If your application is being processed in Perth they say to allow 9 months for the main application to be processed, but they are generally doing most within 6 to 7 months of lodgement.
Hope that helps you to plan your timings.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks I had a feeling it was a year so that confirms it I hope. Yes I realise we can also delay stuff down the line too, just don't want to get too far ahead!!

Not using an agent, we applied successfully for a visa in the past but that is a long story....suffice to say we are back in UK with no valid visa (apart from e-visitor). Now waiting till kids are both at uni to start gradually settling in....
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:42 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to tell you guys that we got our PR granted today.

Can't quite believe it. The processing time was really quick.

That Moet's coming out this evening!

Jules xxxx

I've been waiting SSSSOOO long to post this! Take care all x
Old Feb 18th 2009, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats fantastic Jules, did you find it fairly straightforward then? can't apply till sept, but starting to plan a bit and finding it a bit stressy.

will have a drink for you

rachel
Old Feb 18th 2009, 4:26 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foxychic
Thats fantastic Jules, did you find it fairly straightforward then? can't apply till sept, but starting to plan a bit and finding it a bit stressy.

will have a drink for you

rachel
Thanks Rachel

We had a really quick case officer Whether it's because they've only recently started processing them in Adelaide and he didn't have a huge backlog before ours arrived but we submitted the application on 26th November and he emailed for more info on 17th Dec. We got this back to him over the course of the next month, but he was on vacation from 17th Jan to 10th Feb! He emailed again on 12th Feb asking for some clarification. I emailed this yesterday direct from our accountant and got the visa grant today!!!

I could kiss him!!!

Next stop Citizenship!!

How's everyone else doing in the process?

I will enjoy a chilled glass of bubbly this evening that's been in the cupboard waiting for such an event.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
Old Feb 18th 2009, 4:54 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

We lodged our 890 visa application 31st December 2008 and are yet to hear a thing!!
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by julesandco
Thanks Rachel

We had a really quick case officer Whether it's because they've only recently started processing them in Adelaide and he didn't have a huge backlog before ours arrived but we submitted the application on 26th November and he emailed for more info on 17th Dec. We got this back to him over the course of the next month, but he was on vacation from 17th Jan to 10th Feb! He emailed again on 12th Feb asking for some clarification. I emailed this yesterday direct from our accountant and got the visa grant today!!!

I could kiss him!!!

Next stop Citizenship!!

I will enjoy a chilled glass of bubbly this evening that's been in the cupboard waiting for such an event.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
Fantastic news Jules! Really pleased for you I'm sure the Moet tasted even better with the sweet taste of PR in your mouth already

Chrissy
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rachel

I could kiss him!!!

Next stop Citizenship!!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
Congratulations Jules !! What great news for you all. I hope the bubbly went down well.

Just got your news, its the first time I've been on here for weeks... so sorry for the late reply.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough

Jules xxxx

Hey Jules & Paul,

congratulations - doesn't it feel great!! We are just back from japan skiing - so we missed your announcement.

all the best

Bryan & Joyce
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by BM615
Hey Jules & Paul,

congratulations - doesn't it feel great!! We are just back from japan skiing - so we missed your announcement.

all the best

Bryan & Joyce
Thanks guys.

I don't think the news has sunk in fully yet to be honest

I'm SO pleased. Onwards and upwards now.

Jules

P.S. Japan? How wonderful! Would love to visit there one day.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Carbery
We lodged our 890 visa application 31st December 2008 and are yet to hear a thing!!
Dorry to hear you haven't heard anything.

Shall I email our CO? He should have a space on his desk now and he seemed very nice

I'm sure you'll hear something soon. Perhaps your application is more 'perfect' than ours and the first thing you hear will be the visa grant?

Fingers crossed!!!

Jules x
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Jules xxxx

Thats great news congrats!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Jules xxxx

Well done...Welcome to the club!!
Great isnt it!! I will be applying for citizenship soon as we now qualify...
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:17 am

What is the criteria for citizenship? Do you have to wait for a year as PR?

Keep us informed

Jules x
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough

What is the criteria for citizenship? Do you have to wait for a year as PR?

Keep us informed

Jules x
yeah JUles - we all have the necessary but need 12 months as a permanent resident - and apparently that excludes any holidays out of the country.

cheers bryan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.