Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

British Army Overseas Lateral Transfer (Aussie Army)

British Army Overseas Lateral Transfer (Aussie Army)

Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:37 am
Just Joined

GETOOZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Army Overseas Lateral Transfer (Aussie Army)

Our was picked up yesterday afternoon. As I can't access Facebook and ARRSE from work ..... I had to mention it here.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 7:55 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GETOOZ
Our was picked up yesterday afternoon. As I can't access Facebook and ARRSE from work ..... I had to mention it here.
We'll let u off, though just this once! lol
Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:09 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I have created a group on Facebook for all of us Lateral Transfers, PM me if you'd like to join, it's a closed group so you'll need to let me know your name so I can approve you!

Hope to see you there,

Jen
Old Oct 27th 2009, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

btcc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I have created a group on Facebook for all of us Lateral Transfers, PM me if you'd like to join, it's a closed group so you'll need to let me know your name so I can approve you!

Hope to see you there,

Jen
Jen, I am keen to get onto the Facebook group. Interview was on July 28 - still waiting for LAN & visa approval.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 6:48 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by btcc
Jen, I am keen to get onto the Facebook group. Interview was on July 28 - still waiting for LAN & visa approval.
I may well get in trouble for this with the mods but once you have posted three messages you can accept and send PM's, where are you headed? We're heading for QLD...
Old Oct 27th 2009, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

btcc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I may well get in trouble for this with the mods but once you have posted three messages you can accept and send PM's, where are you headed? We're heading for QLD...
Ta for info & help!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

eddie.ceri is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: British Army Overseas Lateral Transfer (Aussie Army)

My family and I are considering an Overseas Lateral Transfer, Ive got the papers to fill in but Ive got over 5 years left before the end of my 22 years.

Am I starting too early, and is there something else I could be doing as well such as concurrent activity etc.

Im presently in Germany, serving in the Royal Signals as a Sgt and I'm halfway through an Hons degree.

We are a family of five, two girls one boy, my OH and me.

Any advice would be great, or even better any advice from anybody serving in the Royal Aussie Signals.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 2:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie.ceri
My family and I are considering an Overseas Lateral Transfer, Ive got the papers to fill in but Ive got over 5 years left before the end of my 22 years.

Am I starting too early, and is there something else I could be doing as well such as concurrent activity etc.

Im presently in Germany, serving in the Royal Signals as a Sgt and I'm halfway through an Hons degree.

Any advice would be great, or even better any advice from anybody serving in the Royal Aussie Signals.
I am not sure they are recruiting at the moment as there were problems. WE managed to come over as laterals 10 weeks ago, we were interviewed last year. However the only slots available were for cpls, which when you are a wo is a big drop. Hence a review of the lateral situation. The whole process can take a year or more when you send your paperwork off in total we applied and spend a year wondering what was happening as they never contacted us and then told us that they were no more places and then out of the blue got an intevitation for an interview which was exactly a year after we had sent the paperwork in, th interviews are always in July/ August in London.
Once we got the nod and the employer sponsor paperwork came through everything else went quickly. Cant help with specifics on the signals as my OH was REME. I would personally keep going with the degree as the ozzies like degrees and just keep giving the recruitment a nudge to see what the situation is , as things may change
Good luck
Mandy
Old Aug 24th 2010, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

gaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nice

Originally Posted by eddie.ceri

Part of the criteria for applying is that you only have 18 months left to serve. If you go on to the Oz Army website and search for OSLT, you can lodge an 'Expression of Interest' that will send an e:mail to them with the all the details and questions provided. I have just had the FO tablet as my trade (REME VM) is no longer on their required lists (labour agreements etc). No harm in asking tho!!!

Good Luck