Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

British Army Overseas Lateral Transfer (Aussie Army)

British Army Overseas Lateral Transfer (Aussie Army)

Old Feb 14th 2009, 2:35 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Talking British Army Overseas Lateral Transfer (Aussie Army)

Anyone going through or been through the process of a lateral transfer to the Aussie Army? My OH's paperwork is all sent off, now he'sjust waiting and wondering what's ahead? All advice welcomed....

Last edited by Jen1977ni; Feb 14th 2009 at 2:40 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 3:04 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Army Overseas Lateral Transfer (Aussie Army)

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Anyone going through or been through the process of a lateral transfer to the Aussie Army? My OH's paperwork is all sent off, now he'sjust waiting and wondering what's ahead? All advice welcomed....
Just thought I'd add another post to this thread to make it look like someone, apart from me, has been here lol

Last edited by Jen1977ni; Feb 14th 2009 at 3:42 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

i thought i would join you on your post, my OH has put his forms in for lateral recruitment for the raf. the deadline was the end of january and we are just waiting now to see if he gets an interview. they said he wont hear anything for a few months. a FEW MONTHS is far too long!
i have had a look on the NZ forum where there is a few threads about transfering might be some help.
sarah
Old Feb 14th 2009, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of

Have a wade through these 47 pages (as i write now) full of useful info and tips:
Arrse Lateral Transfer thread
Old Feb 15th 2009, 9:23 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by sormesher
i thought i would join you on your post, my OH has put his forms in for lateral recruitment for the raf. the deadline was the end of january and we are just waiting now to see if he gets an interview. they said he wont hear anything for a few months. a FEW MONTHS is far too long!
i have had a look on the NZ forum where there is a few threads about transfering might be some help.
sarah
Good luck, I think the Aussie Army have all of the documentation that they require from my OH so I guess it's just the waiting game for him too! I'm a Primary School Teacher myself, so am trying to get into Oz on a 175 visa, totally separate to his transfer as we're not married so...no doubt both of our routes into Oz will progress at very different speeds lol

Thanks for the Arrse thread RCoight, was one he has read before, but is all the same useful....
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:39 pm
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all

Good luck, I think the Aussie Army have all of the documentation that they require from my OH so I guess it's just the waiting game for him too! I'm a Primary School Teacher myself, so am trying to get into Oz on a 175 visa, totally separate to his transfer as we're not married so...no doubt both of our routes into Oz will progress at very different speeds lol

Thanks for the Arrse thread RCoight, was one he has read before, but is all the same useful....

Welcome! There are a lot of people on her who have transferred from the British Army to the ADF. We've been here 2 years now, living in Victoria, just north of Melbourne, for all that time. Feel free to ask any questions or you can PM me if you like.

Are you not able to come over on you OH's visa application as de facto? There are a lot of aussies over here who live in army houses who are de facto. Seems to be a much easier deal to be de facto over here.

Good luck in your application!
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:50 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by seaangel
Welcome! There are a lot of people on her who have transferred from the British Army to the ADF. We've been here 2 years now, living in Victoria, just north of Melbourne, for all that time. Feel free to ask any questions or you can PM me if you like.

Are you not able to come over on you OH's visa application as de facto? There are a lot of aussies over here who live in army houses who are de facto. Seems to be a much easier deal to be de facto over here.

Good luck in your application!
Great, thanks for the offer of help. My OH has asked what cap badge you are and what regiment? Not able to come over on OH's visa app as you need proof of de facto such as joint bank accounts etc, and we dont have that, plus we've only been together for 9 months so....the annoying thing is though, he could be out there long before me! lol
Old Feb 16th 2009, 7:04 am
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all

Great, thanks for the offer of help. My OH has asked what cap badge you are and what regiment? Not able to come over on OH's visa app as you need proof of de facto such as joint bank accounts etc, and we dont have that, plus we've only been together for 9 months so....the annoying thing is though, he could be out there long before me! lol
Have sent you a PM.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 9:25 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by seaangel
Have sent you a PM.
Great stuff, ta
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:44 am
Just Joined

annette5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

My husband started his application last may(2008) with his initial enquiry, having sent a load of paperwork back reguarding his job, we recived instructions for his medical, having completed that (and sending it back with DHL) we got the results about 3 months later, requesting a little more info......(specifics to him).......we are now waiting for the results from that......waiting I am getting good at!!!!!

Hopefully we will get the green light for interview......I belive (but may be wrong) that interviews are held only once a year in august......I am keeping my fingers crossed...........Good luck to all applying, Lets try and keep this thread going.....I am like a woman possessed looking at this and other forums, it would be nice to talk to others in the same boat!!!!

Annette
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:02 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by annette5
Hi All

My husband started his application last may(2008) with his initial enquiry, having sent a load of paperwork back reguarding his job, we recived instructions for his medical, having completed that (and sending it back with DHL) we got the results about 3 months later, requesting a little more info......(specifics to him).......we are now waiting for the results from that......waiting I am getting good at!!!!!

Hopefully we will get the green light for interview......I belive (but may be wrong) that interviews are held only once a year in august......I am keeping my fingers crossed...........Good luck to all applying, Lets try and keep this thread going.....I am like a woman possessed looking at this and other forums, it would be nice to talk to others in the same boat!!!!

Annette
Thanks for your info, will forward this on to my OH...and will get him to join BExPats and join this thread...
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:29 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Bump
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Hi to everyone

Well I am very excited as at last my OH has passed his medical and has an interview date for August in London.

It has been a long time coming and I know we have alot more hurdles to overcome but we are starting to get closer.

Is there anyone else out there with interviews this year? would love to chat !!

Is there anyone else going through this process or been through this with any good advice.....all welcome to comment..is there any advice you were given that was invauable or have you come across things which you wish you had known about for a heads up????

Sorry about the long waffle but as I said I am starting to feel excited that this might actually happen......not just a dream we have been following for the last 10 months!!!!

Thanks in advance and I will look forward to hearing from you

Annette5
Old Mar 25th 2009, 1:16 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by annette5
Hi to everyone

Well I am very excited as at last my OH has passed his medical and has an interview date for August in London.

It has been a long time coming and I know we have alot more hurdles to overcome but we are starting to get closer.

Is there anyone else out there with interviews this year? would love to chat !!

Is there anyone else going through this process or been through this with any good advice.....all welcome to comment..is there any advice you were given that was invauable or have you come across things which you wish you had known about for a heads up????

Sorry about the long waffle but as I said I am starting to feel excited that this might actually happen......not just a dream we have been following for the last 10 months!!!!

Thanks in advance and I will look forward to hearing from you

Annette5
Can you post your timeline on what you've done up til now?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Hey

Well I thought I would try and keep this thread alive..........

So the interviews are coming up, who is starting to die with nerves????

anyone? or is it just me!!!!lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.