Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

British Army Overseas Lateral Transfer (Aussie Army)

British Army Overseas Lateral Transfer (Aussie Army)

Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Army Overseas Lateral Transfer (Aussie Army)

Originally Posted by annette5
Hey

Well I thought I would try and keep this thread alive..........

So the interviews are coming up, who is starting to die with nerves????

anyone? or is it just me!!!!lol
hi ya Annette

We have got our interview date through at the end of July. Cant wait for it be here. Although friends had theirs last year and they are still waiting for the visa part to be done, so it could still be a while till we finally get to oz.
Mandy
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:05 am
Just Joined

annette5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mandy

That seems to be a long wait for the visas, is there any specific hold up???

Annette

Last edited by annette5; Jun 1st 2009 at 11:49 am.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:43 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mandie

Annette
My oh's stuff is still with the trades assessor so...what's the next stage after that?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Hi jen

As all applying will state, everyones application will differ, however, after the trade assessor is done, we were sent the enlistment pack to complete which included my husbands medical.

Good luck
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:54 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi jen

As all applying will state, everyones application will differ, however, after the trade assessor is done, we were sent the enlistment pack to complete which included my husbands medical.

Good luck
Oh ok, cool
Old Jun 4th 2009, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mandy

Annette
Hi Annette
Apparently once the interview is over you then need to do further medicals for everyone, more police checks you will be told when you need to do these . This is to satisy DIAC, when we applied last year we were not told of this, we just thought OH had medical prior to interview and police checks, then family has medical after and police checks.
Our friend has already sent of his visa application , has just had medicals with xrays for the whole family and the police checks have just come back, so he will be sending the info to DIAC. He is hoping to get the visa through before August, so all the extra paperwork and waiting for the posting order/vacencies to come up can take an extra year.
Im not sure if the process has changed any as freinds who had just been accepted in 2006 finally went out in August 2007, their delay was due to haveing a baby after being accepted.Had that not been the case they could have been out in Jan 07.
So if we do get accepted then im banking on moving over in August 2010. If it is any sooner its a bonus.
Mandy
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Hi Mandy,

Yes I know all about the other stuff, once you are accepted by the ADF, that by no means guarntees a visa, you have to apply for a visa to emmigrate just like everyone else and this includes health and charater assesments for the whole family.
The only diffrence is, it is a visa through the labour agreement, however you can still be turned down if you do not meet the requirements.

Still seems along time waiting for the visa though thats why I was woundering. Oh well, we are in no hurry as my other half has yet to sign off and this will take a year.

bye for now Annette
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:53 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Hi Mandy,

Yes I know all about the other stuff, once you are accepted by the ADF, that by no means guarntees a visa, you have to apply for a visa to emmigrate just like everyone else and this includes health and charater assesments for the whole family.
The only diffrence is, it is a visa through the labour agreement, however you can still be turned down if you do not meet the requirements.

Still seems along time waiting for the visa though thats why I was woundering. Oh well, we are in no hurry as my other half has yet to sign off and this will take a year.

bye for now Annette
So my OH will be following pretty much the same route as me, visa wise, and will take probably a similar length of time? I thought it was a totally different visa process that bypassed a lot of the other fiddly bits us 'civvies' went through? Interesting one....

What kind of visa will he be issued with, a GSM175?
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:56 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
So my OH will be following pretty much the same route as me, visa wise, and will take probably a similar length of time? I thought it was a totally different visa process that bypassed a lot of the other fiddly bits us 'civvies' went through? Interesting one....

What kind of visa will he be issued with, a GSM175?
The reason I'm asking, as he thought he would be 'fastracked' once approved by the aussie army, and be out there longgggggggggg before me!?
Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Hey Jen

As I understand it (and by no means am I educated in this )from what I can find out by this and other forums and the DIAC, the visa he will apply for is a ENS visa under the LA. This visa I think is a resonablly fast visa as it will be looked at quicker than the likes of 176 family and 175 non csl.

Look on the DIAC web site under the ENS visas for more info and download the visa booklet 5.

I must stress that this is purley IN MY OPINION. Looking at people time lines and gathering bits of info here and there, I may be completly wrong.

However I will be far better informed if all goes well at interview!!
Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:54 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Hey Jen

As I understand it (and by no means am I educated in this )from what I can find out by this and other forums and the DIAC, the visa he will apply for is a ENS visa under the LA. This visa I think is a resonablly fast visa as it will be looked at quicker than the likes of 176 family and 175 non csl.

Look on the DIAC web site under the ENS visas for more info and download the visa booklet 5.

I must stress that this is purley IN MY OPINION. Looking at people time lines and gathering bits of info here and there, I may be completly wrong.

Great ta x
Old Jun 4th 2009, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

sunny9208 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: British Army Overseas Lateral Transfer (Aussie Army)

dear sir,
i want to ask one question, that i am retired from Pakistan Air Force as aircraft maintenance engineer in mechanical, can i join aus air force after arrival in australia. TRA+IElTS in process.

best regards

sunny
Old Jun 4th 2009, 9:44 pm
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all

Hey Jen

You are right. It is a labour agreement. Our visa took around 5 weeks to be granted. It was granted late November and we moved to Oz in the early February. As soon as the visa was granted, it was all systems go. We would have been out earlier to Oz had Christmas not been in the middle!
Old Jun 4th 2009, 9:52 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by seaangel
You are right. It is a labour agreement. Our visa took around 5 weeks to be granted. It was granted late November and we moved to Oz in the early February. As soon as the visa was granted, it was all systems go. We would have been out earlier to Oz had Christmas not been in the middle!
It's just a nightmare not knowing who'll get to Oz first and how far apart we'll end up as we're on two different routes in, we're not married you see...
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:01 am
Living at the Top End

MLC65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: British Army Overseas Lateral Transfer (Aussie Army)

Hi all! New to this and thought I would give some of you an update on this years transfers!
My husband went for interview Aug 18 08 in London (between posting from Catterick to Germany!!) He got his offered a position at the interview and we duly accepted (this has to be done within 28 days of teh interview and they will not accept you response on the day) We then had to wait for the official letter from the ADF to confirm job offer and position. We got this at the beginning of February (the delay was due to my husband having pneumonis earlier in the year and getting confirmed results everythingwas ok). We then applied for our visa's and medicals and these were sent to DIAC and recieved 7 March 09. We received our visa confirmation (Employer Sponsored sub class 120 Labour Agreement) 4 June but were told we have to land in Australia before 4 August 09!
Luckily my husband had resigned in Feb and bringing it forward is not a problem if you have a confirmed job. British Army do not like to hinder your new opportunity if you can rove you have to go earlier.
This is all a very traumatic time but rest assured there are many other people going through the same thing at the same time. A friend down the road is also going with us - visa's in at the same time - she got hers a month before us and does not have to enter Australia until Mar 2010.
We now have 4 weeks left in Germany and two weeks left in the UK. The ADF have been fantastic - flights booked immediately, correspondance and contacts in a heartbeat - our biggest hurdle... getting the British Army to fly us back to the UK!!
Anyway if I can help in anyway as am just through the initial part of the process let me know.
From my point of view we are moving to Palmerston, Darwin - me, OH and 8 yr old daughter - any advice/recommendations where to go for info?
Cheers
Melissa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.