Australian visa for nurses

Old Jul 2nd 2011, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

mobypippa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian visa for nurses

Originally Posted by melanieanne63
Hi Guys
Please help.... what is the process for a nurse applying for a visa to work permanently, the visas have changed also since I last looked and I can't make head nor tail of them.... any help would be appreciated.
melanie
I went for 176 sponsered. You have to agree to stay in the state you apply to for the first 2 years in Oz. You also need a few less points with this visa. Nurse's are still on the skills occupation list, and therefore are eligible for this visa. We went through an agent who recommended this route for us, but you need to decide whats best for you. We got turned down for state sponsership in NSW but approved in Victoria.
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

nurseval is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mobypippa
I went for 176 sponsered. You have to agree to stay in the state you apply to for the first 2 years in Oz. You also need a few less points with this visa. Nurse's are still on the skills occupation list, and therefore are eligible for this visa. We went through an agent who recommended this route for us, but you need to decide whats best for you. We got turned down for state sponsership in NSW but approved in Victoria.
Oh ok il look into that.. is there a site of what cities except different types of visas?

I was looking into Employment Nomination Scheme..?

thanks moby
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

mobypippa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nurseval
Oh ok il look into that.. is there a site of what cities except different types of visas?

thanks moby
I'm not sure if there is a website, our migration agent knew which States were processing applications and approving them, and recommended our visa type and where to apply. I have no idea about the employment nomition scheme i'm afraid.

If your looking to relocate on a permanent basis, I recomment you go straight for a permanent visa, some of the sponsered ones aren't but the 176 is. If you go on a temporary visa, and decide you want to stay, you must come back to the UK to apply, and the rules of eligibility change constantly, so who knows what will be accepted then!
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

melanieanne63 is an unknown quantity at this point

so guys, what is the difference between the 175 and the 121 visa, are both PR? confused!
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melanieanne63
so guys, what is the difference between the 175 and the 121 visa, are both PR? confused!
Thye 175 is skilled migrant visa, the other is employer sponsored visa. Yes they are PR visas.
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 11:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks moby
For ENS you need to contact individual hospitals and see if they'll sponsor you. In my experience I've found most of them will only sponsor for PR after employing on a 457 first.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
For ENS you need to contact individual hospitals and see if they'll sponsor you. In my experience I've found most of them will only sponsor for PR after employing on a 457 first.
Ohh ok... I was worrying about the terms of 457... does it have to be the full two years on the 457 before you can apply for another visa?
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Ohh ok... I was worrying about the terms of 457... does it have to be the full two years on the 457 before you can apply for another visa?
No you do not. Your employer can sponsor you for PR the day you land. Or not sponsor you for PR at all. It's completely up to them.

Have you looked at www.immi.gov.au yet? It might be worth your while to take an hour or so to look at visa options. It might also be worth spending a few pounds and speaking to a MARA registered migration agent rather than a nursing agency.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No you do not. Your employer can sponsor you for PR the day you land. Or not sponsor you for PR at all. It's completely up to them.

Have you looked at www.immi.gov.au yet? It might be worth your while to take an hour or so to look at visa options. It might also be worth spending a few pounds and speaking to a MARA registered migration agent rather than a nursing agency.
I have.,, and still am going through sites and reading is at an all time overload lol

thats where I stumbled upon this site,,
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/ens/
Oh ok il look into the MARA.. every brick leads to a path hey
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I have.,, and still am going through sites and reading is at an all time overload lol

It really is not that hard. You have three options: 457 visa, ENS visa, skilled migrant visa.

The 457 visa is quickest to get, but you on a temporary visa and tied to your employer.

An ENS would be an ideal visa; a longer process than the 457 but you have the security of a permanent visa and a definite job to go to. The disadvantage is as already stated ... you might find it hard to find an employer willing to go for this visa.

The skilled migrant visa is usually the slowest of the three to obtain, but the advantages are that it is PR straight away and you have no obligation, legal moral or otherwise to any employer. And as a nurse you will not have trouble finding work.

I know which I would be going for.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:53 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
An ENS would be an ideal visa; a longer process than the 457 but you have the security of a permanent visa and a definite job to go to. The disadvantage is as already stated ... you might find it hard to find an employer willing to go for this visa.
Shouldn't be too hard for a nurse to find a suitable employer, but might have to be a little more flexible on location and be prepared to say no to those not willing to sponsor on the right visa. SOME employers will sponsor for a 121 if they understand it's either do that, or find someone else to take the job.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Thank you guys

I will be looking into the cost of visas; I am not in a major rush just want to make sure I have everything covered so think I am going to look into the skilled migrant; but did hear that it was a lot of money, so may have to
re-think etc..

feel like I am back at Uni
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

I have been looking into the visas... all I can say is how much???

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i...-australia.htm

3000 AUD that is an awful lot of money; looks like I wont be going to OZ for a very long time

It even costs that much on a 457 visa... :curse:

but if i wanted the ENS it will only be 600 AUD.. how sooooo :S
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold

I have been looking into the visas... all I can say is how much???

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i...-australia.htm

3000 AUD that is an awful lot of money; looks like I wont be going to OZ for a very long time

It even costs that much on a 457 visa... :curse:

but if i wanted the ENS it will only be 600 AUD.. how sooooo :S
I think you have got these mixed up a bit

the 175/176 costs about $3000, the ENS is about $2000 and the 457 is a few hundred dollars.

The temp visa does not have such a big process to go through co,mpared to the permanenet visas therefore the cost is much cheaper and it is much quicker, however there are the drawbacks as you already know
Old Jul 4th 2011, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

I have been talking the agency HCL who I am currently with they are stating:

Hospitals will only sponsor on 457 visa's. The permanent visa's might become available once you have prooven yourself to an employer. This usually takes 12 months after you have started working in Australia

I have also been looking into visas where I have to provide proof that I have soul responisbilities with regards to my children, before the 2003 law came into place... for me to talk to a solicitor its going to cost £180-250/hr

OMG I am going to scream...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.