Australian values statement

Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about
Default Australian values statement

hi

got a case officer this morning....soooooooooo excited, cant think straight, they have requested australian values statement, i have been on immi site but cant find it, just cos my head is spinning at 3000 mile an hour, amazed im managing to type right now, anyway has anyone got the link to the australian values statement, presume i just print it, sign it, scan it and attach it to document list....

thanks

sarah
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:10 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian values statement

Catch
http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-aus...lues/index.htm

NJ
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

OZ2GO is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by thebutts
hi

got a case officer this morning....soooooooooo excited, cant think straight, they have requested australian values statement, i have been on immi site but cant find it, just cos my head is spinning at 3000 mile an hour, amazed im managing to type right now, anyway has anyone got the link to the australian values statement, presume i just print it, sign it, scan it and attach it to document list....

thanks

sarah
Congratulations on getting a case officer, great isn't it? Did they not provide it in the e-mail as an attachment (in the subject line)? We were asked for this and they provided it with our file no on it. We just opened it, printed and signed it before scanning it back. Not to worry, see somebody has provided a link for you to access it.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about

thanks guys,

nope doesnt appear to be attached, although maybe i should calm down some more and have a proper read, got the link now anyway so will sort it this afternoon.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

afroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really nice

Hi all,

I've tried sending my Australian Values Statement form to [email protected] about 10 times since yesterday, but it just keeps bouncing back! Anyone else having similar problems?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by afroswede
Hi all,

I've tried sending my Australian Values Statement form to [email protected] about 10 times since yesterday, but it just keeps bouncing back! Anyone else having similar problems?

havent sent mine yet, but the email address i have in my request letter is different to the one you mention, think its specifc to the team my case officer is in.

do i have to send australian values statement for each applicant over 18, or do we both sign the same one????
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

afroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really nice

There's space for three separate signatures on form 1281, so unless you're more than three over 18's, one form is enough.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

OZ2GO is on a distinguished road

havent sent mine yet, but the email address i have in my request letter is different to the one you mention, think its specifc to the team my case officer is in.

do i have to send australian values statement for each applicant over 18, or do we both sign the same one????

We signed the same one.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:01 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OZ2GO
We signed the same one.

Is it possible to download this form?
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

i just followed the link above, choose the permenant route form and printed that.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:49 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mary1967
Is it possible to download this form?
i did. it's on the puta now.

just no paper to print it on!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:08 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just followed the link above, choose the permenant route form and printed that.

I've followed the link, selected visa 175 and the following page appears:

Australian Values Statement – Provisional and Permanent
Applicants for provisional, permanent and a small number of temporary visas are required to have read, or had explained to them, material made available by the government on life in Australia which is contained in the Life in Australia book. These applicants are also asked to understand what may be required of them if they apply for Australian citizenship. This statement is included in affected visa application forms and all applicants aged 18 years and over will need to sign the statement.

Australian Values Statement
You must sign this statement if you are aged 18 years or over.

I confirm that I have read, or had explained to me, information provided by the Australian Government on Australian society and values.

I understand:

Australian society values respect for the freedom and dignity of the individual, freedom of religion, commitment to the rule of law, Parliamentary democracy, equality of men and women and a spirit of egalitarianism that embraces mutual respect, tolerance, fair play and compassion for those in need and pursuit of the public good
Australian society values equality of opportunity for individuals, regardless of their race, religion or ethnic background
the English language, as the national language, is an important unifying element of Australian society.
I undertake to respect these values of Australian society during my stay in Australia and to obey the laws of Australia.

I understand that, if I should seek to become an Australian citizen:

Australian citizenship is a shared identity, a common bond which unites all Australians while respecting their diversity
Australian citizenship involves reciprocal rights and responsibilities. The responsibilities of Australian Citizenship include obeying Australian laws, including those relating to voting at elections and serving on a jury.
If I meet the legal qualifications for becoming an Australian citizen and my application is approved I understand that I would have to pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people.

Signature of Applicant

Am i right in thinking this is the page you print and complete? Compared to the old version it just doesn't look very official and seems to suggest one signature per page

I don't know whether to wait and see if it's requested What do other people think? Anyone thinking of frontloading this form?
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

our australian values statement was requested.

we printed 2 and signed one per adult, theve gone to case officer.