Police checks - West Yorkshire Police

Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

helsbells79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police checks - West Yorkshire Police

I am so confused about the police checks....as I understand it, the system has recently changed from obtaining a report from your local force (?£10), to applying online for an ACPO PCC (£35). HOwever, it is not clear which is currently being accepted??

I know there is already a thread on this subject, but I can't make head nor tale of what I need to do?

We live in WEst Yorkshire..does anyone have any idea of whether I can apply for the £10 PCC, and front load this? We hope to have a CO by June.

Help!!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:56 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police checks - West Yorkshire Police

Originally Posted by helsbells79
I am so confused about the police checks....as I understand it, the system has recently changed from obtaining a report from your local force (?£10), to applying online for an ACPO PCC (£35). HOwever, it is not clear which is currently being accepted??

I know there is already a thread on this subject, but I can't make head nor tale of what I need to do?

We live in WEst Yorkshire..does anyone have any idea of whether I can apply for the £10 PCC, and front load this? We hope to have a CO by June.

Help!!

At the moment ASPC are still accepting the old £10 version form, but they don't say when they'll stop using them:

'Application forms and guidance on how to apply for the police certificates
for residents and non-residents can be located online at www.acpo.police.uk

Until further notice, the department will also continue to accept the
outcome of a Subject Access Request made under the Data Protection Act 1998 for each relevant UK jurisdiction.'

I've recently sent off to Merseyside Police for the old style one for my daughter who's 16 in May - the Merseyside request procedure and the application form has changed from when we first requested ours back in December, it doesn't mention anything now about immigration on the application, but i'm assuming this is because of the new unit set up to deal immigration police checks. I'm also assuming that the certificate you get is exactly the same as the one's we got originally, hopefully i'll know for sure by the 21st April, when i get my daughters back!

If need be, we can always request the express one from www.acpo.police.uk.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

helsbells79 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks...maybe it might just be worth trying getting it from West Yorks directly. If we have to then do the ACPO one later, then we've only lost £20. But we might save £50!!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:03 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helsbells79
thanks...maybe it might just be worth trying getting it from West Yorks directly. If we have to then do the ACPO one later, then we've only lost £20. But we might save £50!!

My thoughts exactly!!!