Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Australian citizenship and job offer from the UK

Australian citizenship and job offer from the UK

Old Nov 2nd 2015, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

sanch.alex86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian citizenship and job offer from the UK

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Your wife has been approved for citizenship, I think it's important to add that.

Good luck Alex
Thanks to remind me. I will include that too.
Old Nov 2nd 2015, 10:22 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good to me. I think that'll be your best shot. Worst case scenario you'll still be a permanent resident and being able to return in three years' time.
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

aussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck Alex .
Old Nov 5th 2015, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

I just sent the response letter to the case officer. I hope it works.

Will keep everyone updated about my case.

Thanks for your guidance.
Old Nov 18th 2015, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys,

I has been about two weeks that I sent my reply to the case officer and I haven't received any reply yet. I sent to the email address that the case officer used to send me the first email (which is a personal email @border.gov.au domain).

May I know if they have any time limit to respond?

Would it be fine if I call to the person and chase it?

My concern as mentioned before is not to lose my residency requirement if he advise me to withdraw the application so I will have the chance to apply from the UK.
Thanks
Old Nov 19th 2015, 4:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sanch.alex86
Hi guys,

I has been about two weeks that I sent my reply to the case officer and I haven't received any reply yet. I sent to the email address that the case officer used to send me the first email (which is a personal email @border.gov.au domain).

May I know if they have any time limit to respond?

Would it be fine if I call to the person and chase it?

My concern as mentioned before is not to lose my residency requirement if he advise me to withdraw the application so I will have the chance to apply from the UK.
Thanks
Remember if you replied to a personal email address that person may have left, be on leave etc
Old Nov 19th 2015, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Remember if you replied to a personal email address that person may have left, be on leave etc
But I have no other option other than sending the email to his personal address. I have only 4 weeks before I lose my residency requirement and I need to know his decision before then so I can lodge another application from overseas.
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

My wife has been invited for the ceremony on Australia day.
I asked her to call my case officer (her as well) to talk about my application. The case officer said that he is going to refuse my application in 3 days and he cannot do anything rather than that. He said that 3 years is a long time being absent from Australia.

Now, anyone knows which option is better for me:
1- Receive the refusal and request an appeal
2- Withdraw my application before refusal and apply offshore (from the UK).

Thanks.
Old Nov 25th 2015, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys,

Just an update of what I have done:

I withdrawn my citizenship application as I thought it would be much better that getting refused. I am planning to apply from the UK (overseas citizenship). I think in this case, my application will be processed by a team known as "Overseas Citizenship Unit (OCU)" which is based in Canberra.

I will keep you updated because I am sure there some who may be in similar situation.

In the meantime, any comments/suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Nov 26th 2015, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have anything useful to add, just to say that I hope that you are successful with the new application as from what you say, I really don't think you should have had any difficulty getting approved in the first place.

But if it does all go wrong, you do at least have the comfort of knowing that with an Australian wife you will be able to get RRVs in future without any difficulty. On that subject (and again if you get refused citizenship at this point), make sure you apply to renew your RRV within three years or so of moving abroad so that you still get a 5 year one.
Old Dec 1st 2015, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi folks,

I am about to lodge my application from the UK. For identity form (1195) should I give it to a British person? Or it can be filled by an Australian person in the UK?
Also, can I post it to someone in Australia to sign it and then post it back to me?

Thanks.
Old Dec 1st 2015, 9:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks,

I am about to lodge my application from the UK. For identity form (1195) should I give it to a British person? Or it can be filled by an Australian person in the UK?
Also, can I post it to someone in Australia to sign it and then post it back to me?

Thanks.
Form 1195 needs to be completed by an Australian citizen or a citizen of the country in which you are resident, so a British citizen is fine. Just ensure their profession or occupation is listed.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Form 1195 needs to be completed by an Australian citizen or a citizen of the country in which you are resident, so a British citizen is fine. Just ensure their profession or occupation is listed.
Thanks BritInParis,
In 1195 form, there is only a question for the person who is declaring the identity saying:
Are you an Australian citizen? Yes or No
I assume that ticking NO will not be a problem (as a British citizen is signing the form). Am I right?
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

It is very difficult for me to find someone in the UK who knows me for more than a year. Would it be fine if someone from Australia (Australian citizen) signs my identity declaration form? or since I am lodging from the UK, it has to be a British citizen?

Thanks.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 5:48 pm

Thanks BritInParis,
In 1195 form, there is only a question for the person who is declaring the identity saying:
Are you an Australian citizen? Yes or No
I assume that ticking NO will not be a problem (as a British citizen is signing the form). Am I right?
Correct.

Hi,

It is very difficult for me to find someone in the UK who knows me for more than a year. Would it be fine if someone from Australia (Australian citizen) signs my identity declaration form? or since I am lodging from the UK, it has to be a British citizen?

Thanks.
No, it could be an Australian citizen in Australia, providing they have known you for at least a year and their profession/occupation is listed. Since your application will be processed in Australia that would actually make it easier for DIBP to contact them if necessary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.