Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Australian citizenship and job offer from the UK

Australian citizenship and job offer from the UK

Old Dec 2nd 2015, 9:02 pm
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian citizenship and job offer from the UK

Originally Posted by sanch.alex86
Hi,

It is very difficult for me to find someone in the UK who knows me for more than a year. Would it be fine if someone from Australia (Australian citizen) signs my identity declaration form? or since I am lodging from the UK, it has to be a British citizen?

Thanks.
Couldn't you reuse the same 1195 form from when you last applied?
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

sanch.alex86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by msmyrtle
Couldn't you reuse the same 1195 form from when you last applied?
I am not sure. I have the scanned copy but not the original one. I think I need to have the original to post it to the Oversease Citizenship Unit. Am I right?
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

BritInParis,
Would you please comment on my previous reply whether or not I can use the form 1195 that I use in my previous application?
Thanks.
Old Dec 5th 2015, 1:01 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

BritInParis,
Would you please comment on my previous reply whether or not I can use the form 1195 that I use in my previous application?
Thanks.
Is your photograph now more than six months old?
Old Dec 5th 2015, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Is your photograph now more than six months old?
Not yet but I do not have the original 1195 as I gave it to the case officer at the time of the citizenship test. Also, in the form where it asked for transaction number, I wrote the previous number which I applied.
Having said, I am not sure I can use the previous 1195. Can I?
Old Dec 5th 2015, 9:26 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Not yet but I do not have the original 1195 as I gave it to the case officer at the time of the citizenship test. Also, in the form where it asked for transaction number, I wrote the previous number which I applied.
Having said, I am not sure I can use the previous 1195. Can I?
If it's associated with your previous application via a TRN probably best to get a fresh one. Not aware of any regulations specifically forbidding you from reusing it but a little paranoia might be healthy.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

I lodged my new citizenship application on 08/12/15 from UK (online). On 10/12/15, I received an email from OCU (Overseas Citizenship Unit) and I was asked to send the certified copies of the documents that I attached to the online application. Also, I need to provide them the evidences for my intention to reside in Australia as I am currently offshore.

As I am new in the UK, may I know where I can get my documents to be certified which is acceptable for DIBP?

Thanks.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 10:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I lodged my new citizenship application on 08/12/15 from UK (online). On 10/12/15, I received an email from OCU (Overseas Citizenship Unit) and I was asked to send the certified copies of the documents that I attached to the online application. Also, I need to provide them the evidences for my intention to reside in Australia as I am currently offshore.

As I am new in the UK, may I know where I can get my documents to be certified which is acceptable for DIBP?

Thanks.
Try the local magistrates court
Old Dec 11th 2015, 5:27 pm

Thanks.
If it's an online application then you shouldn't need to make certified copies - just scan the original document.
Old Dec 12th 2015, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

If it's an online application then you shouldn't need to make certified copies - just scan the original document.
For offshore application, after online submission, the certified copy of documents are needed to post to Canberra to the OCU office. I asked to do so after receiving an email from OCU.
Old Dec 12th 2015, 11:31 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

For offshore application, after online submission, the certified copy of documents are needed to post to Canberra to the OCU office. I asked to do so after receiving an email from OCU.
If you do need certified copies you could also look for a notary public - google can help
Old Dec 12th 2015, 3:30 pm

In that case try your local Post Office.

Document Certification Service | Post Office
Old Dec 13th 2015, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

In that case try your local Post Office.

Document Certification Service | Post Office
Thanks. I had a look at the DIBP website for citizenship application:
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Citi/...ts-do-you-need

Under the "how to certify original documents", it is mentioned that any person from "designated list of occupation" (https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Citi/...-professions-1) can certify original documents. It is the same list for form 1195 with an exception which is that the person is not needed to know the applicant for more than a year.

In that case, I think I can give my documents to my supervisor at uni to certify them. I am right?
Old Dec 13th 2015, 11:42 am

Thanks. I had a look at the DIBP website for citizenship application:
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Citi/...ts-do-you-need

Under the "how to certify original documents", it is mentioned that any person from "designated list of occupation" (https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Citi/...-professions-1) can certify original documents. It is the same list for form 1195 with an exception which is that the person is not needed to know the applicant for more than a year.

In that case, I think I can give my documents to my supervisor at uni to certify them. I am right?
37. Teacher employed on a full-time basis at a school or tertiary education institution
Old Feb 7th 2016, 6:22 am
Just Joined

anhmel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, Just an update of what I have done: I withdrawn my citizenship application as I thought it would be much better that getting refused. I am planning to apply from the UK (overseas citizenship). I think in this case, my application will be processed by a team known as "Overseas Citizenship Unit (OCU)" which is based in Canberra. I will keep you updated because I am sure there some who may be in similar situation. In the meantime, any comments/suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks.
How to withdrawn citizenship application? Can you do it through Immi Account? In there they have option to remove however it said "Important: If you select Confirm, this application will be removed from this ImmiAccount. This will not withdraw the application.
To withdraw an application, the relevant processing office must be notified in writing. This can be done by letter, email or completing and uploading Form 1446 - Withdrawal of a visa application. "
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.