Ausi Immig and Employer Verification

Old May 17th 2008, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

TheImmigrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ausi Immig and Employer Verification

Hi,

In how many cases, the ausi immig. authorities verify ur letters from employers?

If there are more than 1 employers, whom they call to verify ur details?

What if any emplooyers denies , due to any reason?

Regards
Old May 17th 2008, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ausi Immig and Employer Verification

Hi
Yes they defineatly do check your employment reference and may speak to the person who wrote your reference direct to confirm all the details in your job description are correct. My boss was called last month just to confirm that the reference was written by my manager and not me, and all the details were correct etc. (which they were)
Good luck in your application
Old May 18th 2008, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

thanks babyboo. I have worked in 4 companies. I am wondering which they will call to confirm the truth
Old May 18th 2008, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheImmigrant
thanks babyboo. I have worked in 4 companies. I am wondering which they will call to confirm the truth
also, at wat stage, they call ur employer?
Old May 18th 2008, 11:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

They could call any or all of them. It can also be at any stage during the process. Sometimes they ring in advance and make an appointment, other times they just speak to the supervisor on the telephone, sometimes they will just show up at your workplace and identify themselves or again sometimes they will show up and act as customers/clients.

I have heard in the case of hairdressers where the people from the High Commission go to the salon as a client to see how the salon is set up and whether the applicant is actually working there in the capacity they state they are employed.

So long as you have been 100% truthful on your application and in your references you have nothing to be worried about. If DIAC feels you have been untruthful or cannot verify what you have told them you will usually be given an opportunity to provide more information. If they are still not convinced, it could be grounds for denying your visa.
Old May 18th 2008, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
They could call any or all of them. It can also be at any stage during the process. Sometimes they ring in advance and make an appointment, other times they just speak to the supervisor on the telephone, sometimes they will just show up at your workplace and identify themselves or again sometimes they will show up and act as customers/clients.

I have heard in the case of hairdressers where the people from the High Commission go to the salon as a client to see how the salon is set up and whether the applicant is actually working there in the capacity they state they are employed.

So long as you have been 100% truthful on your application and in your references you have nothing to be worried about. If DIAC feels you have been untruthful or cannot verify what you have told them you will usually be given an opportunity to provide more information. If they are still not convinced, it could be grounds for denying your visa.
thanks dorothy , for such a valuable piece of information
Old May 18th 2008, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Originally Posted by TheImmigrant
thanks dorothy , for such a valuable piece of information
lolz its better to inform the boss in advance once the immigration filed in DIMA. Also i wanna know that HR verification is enough? or in all cases they talk with person who wrote the references?

Regards
Malik
Old May 18th 2008, 2:17 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Chances are they will want to speak to someone in the HR department who can verify your start date, salary and duties match what is in your reference letter.