Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Dana Smith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
So all you are is a middle man (or woman). Why would someone pay twice? I'd just go straight to the lawyer or agent.
Doing it with us provides an easier & faster immigration process we provide an authorized ‘Points Test’ checks: Personal skill assessment – based on your CV (Resume), you will also get a professional migration consultant from an experienced migration law firm with high success rates. And if you are not fully eligible at this moment, We will direct you how to improve your basic qualification so you will be able live and work in Australia.
One of the most important values for our organization is providing top notch quality of service to our clients while on their way to become Australians, and of course, shorten the time, red tape and complexity involved in the legal process of immigrating to a new country.

Of course if you wish, you can go directly to the lawyer or agent but you may end up paying more as most lawyers charge over $250 an hour or more, Not many of them will spend a lot of time on something without getting paid.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dana Smith
As I explained agan and again, I can not give you the law firms and or the MARA registered migration agents we work with details.
Why not though? If you have certain lawyers and MARA registered agents that you use on a regular basis, why can you not tell everyone who they are? I'm sure they (the lawyers and agents) would be happy for their details to be made public, after all it's free advertising for them.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:09 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Doing it with us provides an easier & faster immigration process we provide an authorized ‘Points Test’ checks: Personal skill assessment – based on your CV (Resume), you will also get a professional migration consultant from an experienced migration law firm with high success rates. And if you are not fully eligible at this moment, We will direct you how to improve your basic qualification so you will be able live and work in Australia.
One of the most important values for our organization is providing top notch quality of service to our clients while on their way to become Australians, and of course, shorten the time, red tape and complexity involved in the legal process of immigrating to a new country.

Of course if you wish, you can go directly to the lawyer or agent but you may end up paying more as most lawyers charge over $250 an hour or more, Not many of them will spend a lot of time on something without getting paid.
Frankly, what a load of garbage. Most MARA agents (who do not need to be lawyers) happily discuss cases to a prospective clients without charge before proceeding with applications. I can think of dozen off the top of my head who are perhaps some of the most reputed and long standing agents, many of which contribute to this site.

Your company/call center/agents/whatever are not MARA registered and not qualified in any legal capacity to provide advice as to whether someone's application may succeed or not.

I'll give something to you though. What a great business model you have. Set up a website that sounds endorsed by the Australian Government in some way, and then charge a fee for passing on details of clients to a proper agent.

Gosh - only wish I'd thought of this one myself really. But then I don't think I'd personally have the bottle to actually debate the merits on public forums for charging people for nothing they can't get from a properly qualified professional, usually without charge, before they instruct the agent to act for them.

I only hope that people read this thread and the advice contained therein and always seek the advice of a properly qualified MARA agent or immigration lawyer.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:24 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

As I explained agan and again, I can not give you the law firms and or the MARA registered migration agents we work with details.

as I wrote before:
Ausfis is not a law firm, we only get the information from the client and pass it on to one of the law firms we work with, and only after the client has paid for the service do we assign a lawyer to his file.

If the law firm finds that you are eligible, they will contact you by phone or email where they will advise and assist you on how to continue with the immigration process.
Why do I not have a right to know who my file (and personal information) is being passed on to? I would like to check the credentials of who will prospectively be handling my case. Surely as a client I have the right to do that, don't I?

I have already established via MARA registered migration agents that as a 29 year old UK trained registered nurse with 7 years' experience I am eligible.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

11545333 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our company, please email me your details: (or send them to me in a private message here)

Full name
Address (including country)
Email (used when filling out our forms)
Phone Number (used when filling out our forms)
Costumer ID.
Amount paid
Date of signup/transaction.

And I will do my best to help you.

Regards,
Dana Smith
Ausfis.org
[email protected]
Since my BAD experience is out in the open, I think you could do your best in helping me by answering here in this thread and not through PM. What say you if I file a dispute and cancel my payment since it was only a matter of hours when the whole thing happened?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Centurion
Gosh - only wish I'd thought of this one myself really.
I have thought of it. But it's against the law for an Australian citizen to charge a fee for providing immigration advice if he/she is not MARA registered. Might still be possible by setting up websites/call centres based overseas.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice

Hi Dana

You are essentially charging people a fee to have their credit card processed.

You then refer them on to someone else who will assess them and manage their case and charge another fee.

My guess is you get a split of the MARA agent's fee for the referral so you are not charging people for the referral, just the pleasure of making a payment to you for no value add.

Yours is indeed valueless work, in that you only add cost to the process of migration.

After several years of seeing complaints about your overly aggressive sales team requiring many refunds, and flawed system of credit card handling where people's cards get debited without proper authorisation, I am surprised that the credit card companies even deal with you.

I note that you have not addressed my observation that "Dana" is instead the owner of the business.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamie Smith

After several years of seeing complaints about your overly aggressive sales team requiring many refunds, and flawed system of credit card handling where people's cards get debited without proper authorisation, I am surprised that the credit card companies even deal with you.
An interesting comment. I hope that by posting it on here people take not and avoid the company in future, they certainly don't seem to have many people recommending their servcies.......

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 26th 2010 at 5:14 am.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

musmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
An interesting comment. I hope that by posting it on here people take not and avoid the company in future, they certainly don't seem to have many people recommending their servcies.......
Not every one visits BE and there are lot of innocent people who can be fooled by these type of FRAUD companies .... in my opinion, i am feeling that i have to post this THREAD's link to other forums also ... in that case we will be able to warn others .....

any one who has got common sense will not be misled by reading all this thing and some v v immature, non-professional and stupid replies from so called DANA SMITH ....
Old Aug 26th 2010, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Dana Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 11545333
Since my BAD experience is out in the open, I think you could do your best in helping me by answering here in this thread and not through PM. What say you if I file a dispute and cancel my payment since it was only a matter of hours when the whole thing happened?
I offered that you send me your personal details by PM so you will not need to write them in a public forum.
Without your personal details I can check you case. I can not find the recording of the conversation you had with the rep. Or do any thing else.
If you want I have no problem writing the answer in the main forum and not in a PM.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:37 am
Just Joined

I offered that you send me your personal details by PM so you will not need to write them in a public forum.
Without your personal details I can check you case. I can not find the recording of the conversation you had with the rep. Or do any thing else.
If you want I have no problem writing the answer in the main forum and not in a PM.
If you can check without the details why do you ask for it? With due respect, i dont see any concrete answers from the questions that is thrown to you.
When your agents were asking for my CC details, they were actually completing my registration. The "Application Form Number" and password provided led me in opening my incomplete registration.
one question though, what does "depandant" (spelled that way) mean? it is one of the tabs that need to be provided to register.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by musmanasghar
Not every one visits BE and there are lot of innocent people who can be fooled by these type of FRAUD companies .... ....
I appreciate that, but there's nothing I can do about it
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

musmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I appreciate that, but there's nothing I can do about it
Pollyana you are already doing a v good job.
excellent moderation ... keep it up.

as far as these FRAUD companies are concerned, its us who will try to warn others.
Stay blessed.

Dana Smith
Please GROW UP or GIVE UP.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Angry Re: AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

If you can check without the details why do you ask for it? With due respect, i dont see any concrete answers from the questions that is thrown to you.
When your agents were asking for my CC details, they were actually completing my registration. The "Application Form Number" and password provided led me in opening my incomplete registration.
one question though, what does "depandant" (spelled that way) mean? it is one of the tabs that need to be provided to register.
Dana Smith

Refer to posts #110,115,116

I am still waiting for your reply in this forum...
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Without your personal details I can check you case.
If you can check without the details why do you ask for it?
I think, can't guarantee it of course, that when Dana said 'I can' that they actually meant 'I can't' and made a typo. Judging by other posts and the website, spelling and grammar, along with facts, doesn't seem one of the company's strong points.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.