British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   August 2009 Applicant (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/august-2009-applicant-624261/)

tatoo Nov 19th 2010 7:10 pm

Re: August 2009 Applicant

also got same reply from DIAC when i called them :frown:

Originally Posted by aliash (Post 8993087)
my agent lodged PLE few days back and same old response.. Routine processing blah blah..

gillgee Nov 21st 2010 3:05 am

Originally Posted by tatoo (Post 8992738)
Any update from August 2009 applicants? Does anyone got request for medical and PCC?

I got this latest reply from ASIO a few days back.

""I refer to your inquiry concerning any security assessment that may be required for this visa application.

The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) is the agency responsible for conducting security assessments. I have contacted ASIO for information about this visa application to check ASIO’s handling of any security assessment associated with the application.

This office can check whether or not ASIO is acting unreasonably or has made a processing error but we are not able to direct ASIO to change the priority of a case, or make the process quicker for a particular applicant.

Where we identify an issue requiring resolution, we liaise with the relevant agencies about the issue.

We will contact you if we require any further information about the case but will not provide any other feedback.

I suggest you maintain contact with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) for information about the status of the visa application.

On behalf of
<<name removed>>

Inspector-General

Office of the Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security

P +61 2 6271 5692 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +61 2 6271 5692 end_of_the_skype_highlighting | F +61 2 6271 5696 | www.igis.gov.au

I can't even predict whether my Security Assessment is still undergoing or accomplished?

Cheers

gr8leo87 Nov 21st 2010 6:57 am

Feels like you pissed off Mr inspector general a bit :p

gmjally Nov 21st 2010 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by gillgee (Post 8994981)

""I refer to your inquiry concerning any security assessment that may be required for this visa application.

The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) is the agency responsible for conducting security assessments. I have contacted ASIO for information about this visa application to check ASIO’s handling of any security assessment associated with the application.

This office can check whether or not ASIO is acting unreasonably or has made a processing error but we are not able to direct ASIO to change the priority of a case, or make the process quicker for a particular applicant.

Where we identify an issue requiring resolution, we liaise with the relevant agencies about the issue.

We will contact you if we require any further information about the case but will not provide any other feedback.

I suggest you maintain contact with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) for information about the status of the visa application.

On behalf of
<<name removed>>

Inspector-General

Office of the Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security

P +61 2 6271 5692 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +61 2 6271 5692 end_of_the_skype_highlighting | F +61 2 6271 5696 | www.igis.gov.au

I can't even predict whether my Security Assessment is still undergoing or accomplished?

Cheers

routine reply. I got it twice when i sent email to IGIS. After couple of days, you will get another email which will say that your case is in process and blah blah blah....

gmjally Nov 21st 2010 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by gr8leo87 (Post 8995304)
Feels like you pissed off Mr inspector general a bit :p

its regular job of Mr. inspector General but we as applicants are pretty much pissed off or at least I am highly pissed off by this lengthy inefficient and stupid process.

aliah Nov 21st 2010 5:27 pm

how many times did u email ASIO???

is this reply to your 2nd email or....???

They didnt mention anything that they are still doing checks or case is still with them...i sincerely hope that your checks are done. you keep hopes alive :fingerscrossed:

Originally Posted by gillgee (Post 8994981)

abrahamin Nov 21st 2010 10:58 pm

Hi Mates,

Just a general question. is it possible that DIAC initiates 1st external checks, than they say they are currently doing internal checks and when you inquire after 2-3 months, about current status of internal checks, they reply back that they are waiting for external checks. This happened with me. Is it possible or their support is just replying what so ever they want?

Looking for your take/exp. on it?

Originally Posted by aliah (Post 8996174)

They didnt mention anything that they are still doing checks or case is still with them...i sincerely hope that your checks are done. you keep hopes alive :fingerscrossed:

intellect20 Nov 21st 2010 11:02 pm

This process is hidden and kept secret, nobody can comment but DIAC itself. Most of us have received same sort of replies earlier.

Originally Posted by abrahamin (Post 8996621)
Hi Mates,

Just a general question. is it possible that DIAC initiates 1st external checks, than they say they are currently doing internal checks and when you inquire after 2-3 months, about current status of internal checks, they reply back that they are waiting for external checks. This happened with me. Is it possible or their support is just replying what so ever they want?

aliah Nov 21st 2010 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by abrahamin (Post 8996621)
Hi Mates,

its normal...its their method of keeping your nerves calm...CO told me routine,internal,external and internal[most recent]...its absolutely fine...
but a member gr8leo87 copy pasted a reply from his CO lately...that might be of some interest to u

External checks are done by external agencies, therefore we are unable to
provide a timeframe on the outcome.
Internal checks are checks done within our department and we are therefore
able to provide a estamated timeframe on outcomes.
All internal checks have been completed, we are now waiting on the external
checks.

source:[http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...php?p=8902220]

gillgee Nov 22nd 2010 3:00 am

Originally Posted by aliah (Post 8996174)

Yeah,Its the reply to my second email to IGIS.The last that I put was on 10 August.At that time their reply was different and they told me they have received a referral from DIAC.
But the mystery here in this reply is they have written an essay to me but I 'm unable to figure out whether my External Security Checks are over or still pending?

Cheers

gillgee Nov 22nd 2010 3:04 am

Originally Posted by gmjally (Post 8995798)
routine reply. I got it twice when i sent email to IGIS. After couple of days, you will get another email which will say that your case is in process and blah blah blah....

Dear

This was my second enquiry from IGIS.

Did you get the same reply on your second inquiry?

Cheers

gmjally Nov 22nd 2010 8:24 am

Originally Posted by gillgee (Post 8997011)
Dear

This was my second enquiry from IGIS.

Did you get the same reply on your second inquiry?

Cheers

Yes, i got it to my second inquiry...

tatoo Nov 29th 2010 12:11 am

one of my friend got his visa last week. He is an electronic engineer applied in august 2009, form 80 requested in December 2009 and medical/pcc requested in october 2010

aliah Nov 29th 2010 3:39 am

Originally Posted by tatoo (Post 9010312)
one of my friend got his visa last week. He is an electronic engineer applied in august 2009, form 80 requested in December 2009 and medical/pcc requested in october 2010

thanks a lot tatoo for sharing the good news with us all....

If possible,mention any other meaningful updates from his case[like job verifcation if any,HEC attestation]

thanks again

sajeer Nov 30th 2010 4:13 am

Hi All,

I have been an active reader but never contributed anything. The messages here has had both positive and negative impacts but overall it was positive.

I finally got my 175 Grant today :thumbup:. Here is my time lines and events,

While I am in Australia
ACS process
  • Application was recieved on 26-Nov-08
  • Acknowledgement Main recieved on 3-Dec-08.
  • Got request for more documents on 3-Feb-09
  • Documents Recieved on 13-Feb-09
  • With assessor on 10-Mar-09
  • Registered Post No appeared 13-Mar-09
  • Case finalised on 17-Mar-09
  • Letter recieved on 17-Mar-09 (Arrived at post office)
  • Positive assessment with 60 points
Moved to India in June 2009
  • Renewed almost expired passport in July 2009
  • Completed IELTS with a band score of 8.
  • Collated all the documents, got monochrome copies attested in August 2009
  • Found out colour scans don’t require attestation
  • Lodged online visa application (DIY) on 24 August 2009
  • Received automatic notification on 25 Aug 2009
  • Case officer was assigned
  • All documents except medicals are met
  • Found out wife was pregnant with our first child on 30 November 2009
  • Received mail from case officer for PCC and Medicals on 1 December 2009
  • Provided documents and decided to postpone medicals until the delivery
  • Our first child arrived on 28 July 2010
  • Got notification to file Change in circumstances on 18 August 2010
  • Uploaded form 1022 on 23 August 2010
  • Given time till 30 October 2010 for submitting additional documents and medicals
  • Uploaded all documents other than medicals on 07 October 2010
  • Got appointment for medicals on 26 October 2010
  • Unable to download 160EH and 26EH, department advised to use 160 and 26 instead
  • Medicals received in Sydney on 01 November 2010
  • Wife’s and kid’s medicals status changed to received and referred on 05 November 2010
  • Sent mail to HOC asking for my medicals status on 10 November 2010
  • Wife’s and Kid’s medicals finalised on 16 November 2010
  • HOC responded saying that they have not received one of my forms on 17 November 2010
  • Doctor sent the form again and received at HOC on 22 November 2010
  • Medicals status changed to finalised on 29 November 2010.
  • All documents and Wife’s and Kid’s medicals met, my medicals in Requested status
  • Got grant letter on 30 November 2010

Few points you might find useful,
  • I had almost 2 years of Australian work experience
  • Completed ACS assessment while I was in Australia
  • Had a valid visa (457) while lodging 175 application
  • Got band score of 8.0 in IELTS
  • Been with the same employer through out
  • Employer terminated 457 in June 2010

It has been 2 years since I started. The last few days were very difficult to pass by.
My employer is now ready to depute me to Sydney again. So, should be landing there by Jan 2011 or earlier :thumbsup:.

All the best to all..