Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Nov 21st 2008, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
Hi Everyone, Just letting you all know we arrived safely, and have settled really well.........found a rental okay, kids settled in school and loving it, hubby found work no problem and were absolutely loving Brisbane!!!.......NO REGRETS WHAT SO EVER.........Seems ages since been on and I hope everyone is okay ad loving Australia as much as we are, or are all prepared and ready for your moves?......You will love it here!

good to hear from you, and good to hear that you've settled in ok. keep in touch and enjoy your new life in Oz.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

WaitingKills will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by mk1012
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to tell you that this morning I received the elusive mail,
YES I HAVE MY VISA!!!!

Monica

Congratulations

enjoy Monica

Sweet news to all of us
Old Nov 21st 2008, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

mk1012 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vanillaoz
Congratulations Monica ! At the same time, can you let me know which region is your CO from? And is your job on MODL? Would really appreciate your reply as l applied on the same date as you too but till now there is still no news ! Really getting despair ...
hello vanillaoz,
thank you for the wishes.
my CO was from region 2 and yes my profession in on MODL.
hope this helps.

monica
Old Nov 21st 2008, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Great News Monica. I wish you all the best Down Under!
Irish Gal
Hello Sally (aka IrishGal),

Thank you for the wishes. I must mention this, I've been reading your posts from last 1 yr and I must say they are quite informative and always full of hope! Thank you for being a great support

I too am moving to Melbourne, my brother works there.

Good luck with your life downunder.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

hello everyone,

a BIG thankyou to everyone for all the good wishes.

hope things work out soon for applicants still waiting.

take care
monica
Old Nov 21st 2008, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

Originally Posted by mk1012
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to tell you that this morning I received the elusive mail,
YES I HAVE MY VISA!!!!

Though I've not posted much on this forum but I'am a regular visitor here for last 15 months. I thank you everyone for their support during this roller-coaster ride specially my fellow august 2007 applicants.

Here's my Timeline to give an idea to others who are still wating-

136 skilled visa application submitted - 29th Aug 2007
Aknowledgement - 14th Jan 2008
Frontloaded Medicals/PCCs - 15th May 2008
CO allocation - 29th september
Additional docs submitted - 10th Oct 2008
Employment Verification - 31st Oct 2008
Visa Grant - 20th Nov 2008

Oh I almost forgot, I'm from risk country (india) and an IT professional.

Good Luck to everyone.
Take care

Monica

Congratualations!!!! Enjoy your new life down under! xx
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Congrats Zimba and Mk1012 - Sooo pleased for you both

Hi Babyboo - glad you're settling in? Have you had a taste of the bad weather? We've watched some excellent lightening storms!! However, we're still in shorts and tshirts and loving every minute. It just gets better and better.

Caroline
Old Nov 25th 2008, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Colly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really nice

PAGE 5!!!!!!!

Hello from Australia guys, this is the first chance I've had to get online and it feels good. I haven't read back on what I've missed (will read the last couple of weeks in a minute). I hope all is well with you all. We arrived here Monday 10th November. The kids were great on the flight 4yrs, 3yrs and 11 months I was so stressed out that they'd be a nightmare but it turned out it was only me who was sick on the flight!!!!!

Anyway we are so pleased to have chosen Cleveland we love it here, we organised a rental before we came out here which is lovely a wee bit too big for us but getting used to the space now, the neighbours have been lovely some of the neighbours came over with a fruit basket to welcome us to Australia how nice was that.

I will fill you guys in with more info later I just wanted to come on and see how everyone was getting on, take care off to read what's been going on for some of you in the last couple of weeks.

Gillian x
Old Nov 25th 2008, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Hi There Gillian !

A nice bouyant message for the first couple of weeks in your new life ! Things can be hectic, and sounds like you are settling in just fine !
Thanks for posting and we look forward to seeing your posts in the weeks to come.

Cheers!
Nix
Old Nov 25th 2008, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Colly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really nice

Debbiedoos Great to hear you all arrived in Australia and enjoying your new life down under.

Babyboo2101 Enjoy your new life down under.

Mr Benn/Mary Fingers crossed you'll get your house sold. Will be in touch soon.

Tiger222/Catherine Your probably here somewhere in Cleveland hope to meet up soon for a coffee.

Zimba and MK1012Congratulations on your visas.

MelbourneWe used Hifx also opened an account with NAB I'm sure so far we're not paying fees on the amount we're transferring into account, I would need to check that with Colin.

Gillian
Old Nov 25th 2008, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Nix

Aw cheers, your right with hectic, so busy since we arrived. The storms wow!! never seen anything like it! Off to catch up with emails, speak soon.

Gillian x
Old Nov 26th 2008, 3:17 am
Vickie

vickie will become famous soon enoughvickie will become famous soon enough

Apologies again everyone for not being so up to date!

Well the count down is officially on, We're leaving for Sydney on Monday and I don't think we're ever going to be ready! My husband on the other hand is very chilled and tells me we're not going to the third world and we can get anything we've (me) forgotten on the other side! I am loving all my leaving presents but not enjoying packing at all. We're flying with Singapore airlines and i intend to use the full 160kg we're entitled to!

I was feeling sick on my last post with all my worry but thankfully this has settled down and now I can't wait to board the plane, although I'm sure I'll change my mind a few hours in! I haven't been able to complete my registration for nursing while over here, so have sent an e-mail with an updated OZ address. We're staying with OH's auntie and Uncle initially, in their spare house in the garden as you have...

Well if any of you who are out there can think of anything you wished you brought with you, or things to do before take off please let me.

Will drop a line before we finally go.

Love Vic X
Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Ryaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really nice

Originally Posted by vickie
Apologies again everyone for not being so up to date!

Well the count down is officially on, We're leaving for Sydney on Monday and I don't think we're ever going to be ready! My husband on the other hand is very chilled and tells me we're not going to the third world and we can get anything we've (me) forgotten on the other side! I am loving all my leaving presents but not enjoying packing at all. We're flying with Singapore airlines and i intend to use the full 160kg we're entitled to!

I was feeling sick on my last post with all my worry but thankfully this has settled down and now I can't wait to board the plane, although I'm sure I'll change my mind a few hours in! I haven't been able to complete my registration for nursing while over here, so have sent an e-mail with an updated OZ address. We're staying with OH's auntie and Uncle initially, in their spare house in the garden as you have...

Well if any of you who are out there can think of anything you wished you brought with you, or things to do before take off please let me.

Will drop a line before we finally go.

Love Vic X
Hi Vickie

I arrived 10 weeks ago and theres nothing I miss (food wise) my OH misses teabags and my Mam sent us a box but thats all, you can get everything here. I would advise to pick up a couple of plug converters at the airport as they are invaluable. Oh and bring everything you use at the moment even the smallest things like can openers, potato mashers etc, because you only have to buy them all again and they all add up. Good Luck

Last edited by Ryaner; Nov 26th 2008 at 7:48 am. Reason: typo
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with it all Vickie- having gone down that route very recently, get lots of plug converters, two isn't enough! You can get most things here, but they may not taste the same-eg chocolate, sausages and mayonnaise. Look at the mini culture shocks thread, or one that is something like "anything you wish you'd brought over?"- can't remember the exact title. I brought lots of M&S bras over as they are the only ones that fit and proper bras are expensive. Get lots of cheap Tesco swimming costumes and t-shirts too,(probably the wrong time of year to do so tho)and cheap jeans.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 7:12 am

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone closer to going over today....house offer/sale/completion/booked validation trip ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.