AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Oct 16th 2008, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by shabee
Oh my God, I cant believe there is still Augusties still waiting! what the hell is going on?

Any way how are you all. Thought I would jump on and give you all an update.
We arrived on the 19th Sept. to a raining dull day at Brisbane airport. At 6.30 in the morning. Shattered!
Took hours to get to our holiday let in Kirra. Kirra is on the border between G coast and NSW.
The holiday let was filthy, we got it cheeper as there was a building site next door (which never bothered us). But oh my god that place had not been lived in for months and had not been cleaned in the same time.
Well that afternoon I think at some stage or another each of us cried and wondered what the hell we had done. Of course jet lag was the real cause.
I had a moan on here and got a lot off support back from expaters. They really helped that day.
We trailed around as many areas as possible without really finding anywhere that felt right. I tell you some of the properties we looked at, I would not keep a dog in.
We had had friends move over here about 2 weeks before us and they found an area called Ormeau. They got a rental and moved in. They invited us over to stay the night and I just fell in love with the house they had. In the morning we went for a look round and loved the place. So 2 weeks into our 4 week booking at the holiday let we were moving again. Looked at a 4 bedroomed house in Ormeau on the sat. and moved in on the Fri. We had nothing apart from our clothes to move in with but I did not care lol. (another 7 weeks till our container gets here).
My two boys have started school and seem to be settling ok. Time will tell. My younger one went back a year to primary 7 and my older one went up a year to year 10. Strange!
We have bought a car, sorted my hubby's blue card, arranged medicare and my hubby has even found a job 5 mins away.
From that first few days of sheer hell to where we are now has changed so much. I love it!

Love for now
Shabee
Shabee -

What a great post!!! Congratulations on everything going so well!!

I remember you post at the time....hating the rental.

I'll have to look up Ormeau. Which side of Brisbane is it? We're coming to Brisbane. Have you found the meet-ups yet?
Old Oct 16th 2008, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

Just had to share this with my fellow Augustees ........I'm so excited our furniture arrives tomorrow!!:rof l:
Old Oct 16th 2008, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tiger222
Shabee -

What a great post!!! Congratulations on everything going so well!!

I remember you post at the time....hating the rental.

I'll have to look up Ormeau. Which side of Brisbane is it? We're coming to Brisbane. Have you found the meet-ups yet?
Its not Brisbane its north Gold Coast I believe. About 20 mins to drive to Brisbane.
Originally Posted by Mottie
Just had to share this with my fellow Augustees ........I'm so excited our furniture arrives tomorrow!!:rof l:
You willing to share lol
x
Old Oct 16th 2008, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Colly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really nice

Originally Posted by shabee
Oh my God, I cant believe there is still Augusties still waiting! what the hell is going on?

Any way how are you all. Thought I would jump on and give you all an update.
We arrived on the 19th Sept. to a raining dull day at Brisbane airport. At 6.30 in the morning. Shattered!
Took hours to get to our holiday let in Kirra. Kirra is on the border between G coast and NSW.
The holiday let was filthy, we got it cheeper as there was a building site next door (which never bothered us). But oh my god that place had not been lived in for months and had not been cleaned in the same time.
Well that afternoon I think at some stage or another each of us cried and wondered what the hell we had done. Of course jet lag was the real cause.
I had a moan on here and got a lot off support back from expaters. They really helped that day.
We trailed around as many areas as possible without really finding anywhere that felt right. I tell you some of the properties we looked at, I would not keep a dog in.
We had had friends move over here about 2 weeks before us and they found an area called Ormeau. They got a rental and moved in. They invited us over to stay the night and I just fell in love with the house they had. In the morning we went for a look round and loved the place. So 2 weeks into our 4 week booking at the holiday let we were moving again. Looked at a 4 bedroomed house in Ormeau on the sat. and moved in on the Fri. We had nothing apart from our clothes to move in with but I did not care lol. (another 7 weeks till our container gets here).
My two boys have started school and seem to be settling ok. Time will tell. My younger one went back a year to primary 7 and my older one went up a year to year 10. Strange!
We have bought a car, sorted my hubby's blue card, arranged medicare and my hubby has even found a job 5 mins away.
From that first few days of sheer hell to where we are now has changed so much. I love it!

Love for now
Shabee
Congratulations on arriving in Brisbane, you sound like your settling in nicely and the kids with their new school, great news on your hubby getting a job.

You arrived at 6.30am how lond did it take you to get through customs and leave the airport?

Gillian
Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:23 am
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

Shabee/Tiger222 - We too are heading for Ormeau (my brother lives there) when our house sells!

CollyGill - Gillian thanks for the emailed info. Really useful. Will speak soon.

Mottie - Hope all your furniture arrives safely.

To all those still waiting - I too am checking in everyday and have my fingers and toes crossed that you all hear very very soon.

Mary
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Colly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mottie
I hope your furniture arrived today for you guys. Probably feeling like Christmas opening up all those boxes!!!!

Gillian
Old Oct 17th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hi Guys

Had a really crap day today - told the girl that works for me that I'm making her redundant before Christmas - the two of us ended up in floods of tears.

She was really good and sweet about it - which really just made me worse.

Head feels like it's going to burst at this stage.

Then went up to my Mum for a cuppa and she only made me worse, telling me how much she's going to miss me, how lonely she'll be etc..

Feel like this is a dream, and not a good one, at the moment and that I'll wake up very soon.

Sorry to those of you still waiting - know I sound really ungrateful - and I'm not - it's just a bad day.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Hi Guys

Had a really crap day today - told the girl that works for me that I'm making her redundant before Christmas - the two of us ended up in floods of tears.

Then went up to my Mum for a cuppa and she only made me worse, telling me how much she's going to miss me, how lonely she'll be etc..

Feel like this is a dream, and not a good one, at the moment and that I'll wake up very soon.

Sorry to those of you still waiting - know I sound really ungrateful - and I'm not - it's just a bad day.
{{{{{{{Melbourne}}}}}} Sorry to hear about your bad day!

I think it's part of the process. I think it's healthy that your mom can express to you how she's feeling and keep the dialogue open.....Remind her she can come and stay for a good while - especially during the winter months.

As for letting the girl know that she's going to find a new job - she's probably OK with that. You've planned for her and she'll be fine.

On the bright side, you took steps toward your new life!!

Catherine
Old Oct 17th 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hey Catherine

You are so wise - I know you're right - I'm attaching all sorts of daft emotions to too much stuff just at the moment - I need to step out of myself for a while.

My Mum is probably a bigger problem in many, emotional, ways. When I leave she has no other living relatives here, and although she has applied for a CPV it could be at least another year before she gets a yay or a nay on that - so I'm carrying alot of guilt about leaving her on her own.

It would be very feasible for her to come over for extended periods if she didn't have two dogs, which really makes it next to impossible with kenneling fees etc.

If her dogs were better behaved I would suggest that they come to Oz with me and she could stay with us for eleven months and then come back for one and so on .... but they're not and my other half (quite rightly) wouldn't tolerate them.

I know hurdles are put in our way to make us stronger .... it's just that sometimes I wish things were a little less complicated.

However .... in the big scheme of things compared to SO many other people in the world, our lives are good, we have food, clothing, health and money to get by on. I think perhaps I should focus on this for a while and get some perspective back in my life.

Thanks for listening !
Old Oct 18th 2008, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Hi all

Just wanted to check in and say hi, i have locked my self in the house there is a lizard by the back door and i am waiting for the OH to get home to move it

We have been here for a month now, the sun is shining and waiting for you all to arrive. I am ready for a Qld meet up soon

love minibelle
Old Oct 18th 2008, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

Originally Posted by mr.benn
Shabee/Tiger222 - We too are heading for Ormeau (my brother lives there) when our house sells!

CollyGill - Gillian thanks for the emailed info. Really useful. Will speak soon.

Mottie - Hope all your furniture arrives safely.

To all those still waiting - I too am checking in everyday and have my fingers and toes crossed that you all hear very very soon.

Mary

Hi Mary

Yes our furniture arrived safely......less one box of clothes.....dont know where thats gone!!! So have been onto the removals company to find out where it is!!! Just got to find a home for everything now....house looks like a bombs gone off!!! Happy Birthday for tomorrow!!!!!

Julie
xx
Old Oct 18th 2008, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

It's great to see everyones new Ozzie locations on you profiles rather that known places in GB.
Good luck to eveyone over there and everyone waiting
Keep posting
Old Oct 18th 2008, 9:19 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Hi Guys

Chin up Melboune , if you ever feel like this look over your shoulder at the route you have taken to get this far.

Chances are your staff member will find work easy, there is still plenty of work in Dublin coming to christmas. She will be right.

Dont stress about your mum , get your self to Melbourne then worry about getting your mum sorted. You have enough on your plate moving dont make it worse by taking on your mums worries. You know you are going to Oz you need to set yourselves up there before stressing about your Mums future travel plans.

I know its hard , but at least yours will travel. Hey mine will not even entertain the idea of traveling. As far as she is concerned she will not darken the "son stealing hole" of a place
Old Oct 18th 2008, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

G'Day My Lovelies,

Congrats Tiger222 on visa grant!! Has there been any others??

I thought it was time for another update! Well where shall I start the kids start school on Monday YEAHHHHH!!!! They so need it now and we are really pleased as we have managed to get Anya in year 8 even though over here she is year 7, the school has said that they will see how she goes and if she is coping ok she will move up to year 9 in Feb a whole year early, but we have told her there is no pressure she just needs to apply herself over the next 8 weeks, all the schools say that the kids from UK are so much brighter, but time will tell.

I will have a week on my own being a lady of leisure and then I start work on 27th October, quite proud of myself as I only started looking on Monday, had an interview for one place on Tuesday, emailed my details through to another on Wednesday night they phoned me on Thursday morning to offer me an interview on Friday and they phoned me a couple of hours after the interview to offer me the job it is in admin for a chartered accountants firm which is handy as I am hoping they will do Paul and Mine tax returns next year

Still loving it here and now the weather is warming up its even better than before. We did plan on renting for at least a year or so but have now decided to look in to buying house & land package in the new year then we can get everything we want as far as the design goes and also its cheaper than buying one already built, also good news in the the news this week as the Australian government has upped to first time buyers grant to $21,000 (I think if you go for new build).

Well not much else to report really, I did meet up with Mottie last week which was nice and I hope you enjoyed it too Julie if you are reading this and it was lovely to meet her and her husband Mark.

So who is due out in Perth in the next few weeks??

I am gonna sign off now so No Worries Mates!!

Speak again soon!!

Loads of Love Claire xx Permanent Resident of Baldivis, Perth.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Lindsayc will become famous soon enoughLindsayc will become famous soon enough

Thought would say HI as haven't been on for a while!

Glad to hear people are settling well into their new lives!

We have found a rental in Springfield lakes south Brisbane and settling well - not sure where the last 7 weeks have gone - have had our share of ups and downs over the way!!! But we are loving it here and looking forward to exploring more!!

Not homesick yet - just for the Xfactor lol! how sad am I?!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.