AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 7th 2008, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

The2ofus will become famous soon enoughThe2ofus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Hi everyone..we are off on Monday evening !!

Feel a bit guilty cos I can see some of you still dying of frustration !!!

We will arrive Sunday 14th.. will post again asap.

Goodluck to you all..
Old Sep 7th 2008, 8:05 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Hi there!
Sorry I haven't been on in a while . Congratulations to those who got visa grants recently. The relief must be amazing

Hopefully, there aren't too many of us still waiting at this stage .

G'day to all my fellow Augustees who finally here - and are almost here like the2of us. Hope you've all settled in well. Anyone in Melbourne?
Lots of love
Irish Gal
Old Sep 7th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Congratulations on the visa's Ian and Gnarrabup

Glad to hear all is going well Claire hopkins and Lindseyc

We leave 2 weeks today

minibelle
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Hi guys

Congrats to our two new visa holders

Good luck and have safe flights for those about to leave our grey skies

Glad to hear the newly arrived are enjoying themselves and thanks for all your tips.

Melbourne - Once we had the permit for our dog (takes 10-14 days), we were able to get kennel space and then book his flight - from then on everything revolved around this date and the organisation fell into place. Be careful as kennels are booked up 3 months in advance. We'd sold the business earlier in the year so that was a tick off our list -however we still have to tie up tax and are still awaiting the outcome of a vat inspection!! But good luck hon -it WILL all fall into place.

Good news is that on Friday Keith got a job offer AND we got some tenents -PHEW!!!

Please please let there be more good news for those still waiting for house sales/tenants or visas.

Cheers Caroline
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Made up for you with the tennants!! Nice one!

Mo x
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Hi guys

Congrats to our two new visa holders

Good luck and have safe flights for those about to leave our grey skies

Glad to hear the newly arrived are enjoying themselves and thanks for all your tips.

Melbourne - Once we had the permit for our dog (takes 10-14 days), we were able to get kennel space and then book his flight - from then on everything revolved around this date and the organisation fell into place. Be careful as kennels are booked up 3 months in advance. We'd sold the business earlier in the year so that was a tick off our list -however we still have to tie up tax and are still awaiting the outcome of a vat inspection!! But good luck hon -it WILL all fall into place.

Good news is that on Friday Keith got a job offer AND we got some tenents -PHEW!!!

Please please let there be more good news for those still waiting for house sales/tenants or visas.

Cheers Caroline
Great news on the tenants and job
Old Sep 8th 2008, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Hi guys

Cheers Caroline
YEAH!!! Caroline, that's the news we were hoping for!!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

harrycharlie will become famous soon enough

gday irish girl we are in melbourne to we are in a place called frankston. we moved in a rental today the kids are in school hubby has a job its all coming together slowly.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Thanks guys, you are like a second family

Caroline
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Lindsayc will become famous soon enoughLindsayc will become famous soon enough

Great news about the job and tennants Caroline
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:31 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by harrycharlie
gday irish girl we are in melbourne to we are in a place called frankston. we moved in a rental today the kids are in school hubby has a job its all coming together slowly.

Will send you a pm in morning
Irish Gal

Great news Carolinemaria!!!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Colly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really nice

Oh you got tenants, that's wonderful news . You must be so pleased.

Gillian
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie doos is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by claire hopkins
G'day My Lovelies,

We are here OMG I still can't believe it been here about 25 hours, body clock shot to shit hence why I am threading at 1.12am.

Flight was OK, Singapore allowed us 177kg of luggage so 17 kg over limit no charge what a lovely girl, well the flight was a little eventful my Anya was so so ill all the way on the first part to Singapore she lost count of throwing up at 10 times, so took her straight to Doctor at Changai Airport who gave her an anti sickness injection done the trick and only cost $59, the tablets our dr prescribed didn't touch though she is still a little spaced out, I think it will take a few days for her to get back eating and drinking properly.

Our rental is ok, whether about 20c today, a bit windy we looked like typical English in our shorts and t shirts all the locals in jackets etc, sorted a hire car for a week, got the local paper for cars to buy, went to medicare they said to come back in a few days as the electronic info from immigration takes a while to come through, gonna sort out bank today and TFN next week, just emailed all the agencies with Paul new mobile number, heres a tip regarding mobile phones if you have one that is quad band in the UK have it unlocked over there most markets have a stall that unlock it will cost about £10-15 and a sim pack over here cost $9.95 and they set it all up for you, another tip if you are thinking of getting mobile broadband don't get it in the UK like we did as the guys in the 3 shop said it would work and it don't so £70 out of pocket and a lesson learned. We stopped in a 24 hour garage on the way from the airport got 2 litre milk, loaf of bread and block of butter nearly $14 Paul is still harpin on about it and it didn't help with the $134 in coles on a little bit of shopping, but did get a crackin bargain in Target on a 16 piece dinner set for $20 (and its really nice Paul chose it).

So to sum it up, we love Aus so far, people really friendly and things are reasonably priced the same as the UK, we are trying not to convert to pounds as our home is now in Australia, oh yeah the goodbyes were bearable though my mum was crying all day yesterday, I just wouldn't allow myself to get too upset as we know we have done the right thing for us as a family.

Well done to the recent visa wins, good luck for more good news, I am gonna sign off now as I should think about going to bed.

No worries

Loads of Love Claire, Paul, Jordan and Anya
The new Permanent Residents of Perth WA.

PS I will thread again real soon.xxxxx
hi Claire, I havnt been on for ages, OMG I cant believe you are actually there now What a shame for your Anya!! Hope she is better now!!

Well we are still here!! Had an absolute mare of a time with the sale of house!! My mum is actually having to help us out by getting a mortgage for it!! otherwise we could still be here next bloody year!! She is a gem! I cant believe she is doing that for us!! Anyhow, we are now looking at end of October for flights!!

So where have you ended up then? Is it Mandura? Did you and Paul have you car rental organised b4 you left the UK? Can you recomend any nice hotels near you? Sorry bout all the questions!! Hope you are all well. Lots of love!! Luck!! and Laughter!! Debbiexxx
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie doos is on a distinguished road

Hi folks, havent been on here for ages, sorry! We have had lots of problems with sale of house! Things are looking up now though! Mum having to get a mortgage to buy our house just so we can get away!! She is a gem!! So should be heading down under sometime in October!!

Anyway lots of good news since i was last on!! Congrats to you all!! And to anyone still waiting, Hope you hear soon Wot a frustrating process eh!! Im sure you will all agree!!

Debsxx
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Originally Posted by The2ofus
Hi everyone..we are off on Monday evening !!

Feel a bit guilty cos I can see some of you still dying of frustration !!!

We will arrive Sunday 14th.. will post again asap.

Goodluck to you all..
Good LUck !!!! THank you for thinking of those of us still waiting.....so sweet when your new life is about to unfold. Hopefully we will not be far behind you....
One week and your life is about to change ! Enjoy this last week.....

Nix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.