AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Aug 13th 2008, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by The2ofus
Not many visa grants for us Augustees ?
Does anyone have any feed back from their agents or ASPC ? other than the weekly email ?
No news....

I called ASPC last week and got the same standard reply: No CO and still allocating cases from June.
I cannot believe that because there have been other 138 applicants from the same country as me (and therefore the same region) and they too are Aug applicants....and they have got their visas recently....
So, I cannot believe that they work in order...
Must be luck of the draw.
So....still we wait.
And I am finding it more and more difficult.......
Old Aug 13th 2008, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

The2ofus will become famous soon enoughThe2ofus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
No news....

I called ASPC last week and got the same standard reply: No CO and still allocating cases from June.
I cannot believe that because there have been other 138 applicants from the same country as me (and therefore the same region) and they too are Aug applicants....and they have got their visas recently....
So, I cannot believe that they work in order...
Must be luck of the draw.
So....still we wait.
And I am finding it more and more difficult.......
us too.....
Old Aug 13th 2008, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lindsayc
we have two weekends left now!!! My eldest in 4 on Friday so we have a party at the leisure centre - got food and goodie bags to organise but can't motivate myself!!!

Got Elec and Gas certs sorted for the house today so one more thing of the to do list! does anybody know how much Aus SIM cards cost and whether you can just put them in your UK handset? Hubbie wants to buy complete new phone but if cheaper just buying SIM will do that as my phone not very old! Cheers
Hi Lindsay,

We are all taking our phones with us, but I will get them unblocked over here,
I think you need to have your phone unblocked and find out if your handset is quad band if it is it will work in Aus if it is tri band I don't think it will, and I believe the sim cards are around $15-20 so yeah a lot cheaper than buying a new handset etc.

Loads of Love Claire x
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Happy Birthday mOzzy! Good to hear from you!

Sorry I haven't been posting a lot but am having a bit of a wobbly this week . I'm 6 weeks in and the kids are settled well into school and my OH is into his 4th week at work (where is the time going ) I guess I think I just feel a bit lonely. Haven't really met anyone other my sister and her friends so far. I also think that I've been so busy the last year organising everything that its just a bit of an anticlimax. I need another project

Don't get me wrong - everyone has been so friendly - I guess I'm just missing my long-term friends etc I need a good old chat with someone (due other friend at moment so ultra-emotional )

Luckily, I've been invited to a coffee morning by one of the mum's at school and there's a meal organised at the end of the month for all mums in my youngest daughters class. So fingers crossed I'll make good friends soon
All the best
Irish Gal x
Hi,

We hope you are a little less wobbly soon!! It must be really difficult, but you're bound to meet people soon and make friends. It's something that we're all going to have to do sooner or later. My friends at the moment are all Mum's from my Son's pre school and I definately think that's the way I'll be meeting local people when we are out in Oz.

We have our medicals tomorrow!!!!!
Old Aug 14th 2008, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Lindsayc will become famous soon enoughLindsayc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by claire hopkins
Hi Lindsay,

We are all taking our phones with us, but I will get them unblocked over here,
I think you need to have your phone unblocked and find out if your handset is quad band if it is it will work in Aus if it is tri band I don't think it will, and I believe the sim cards are around $15-20 so yeah a lot cheaper than buying a new handset etc.

Loads of Love Claire x
Hi Claire,

Thanks for the info - really useful - we didn't have a clue how it all worked!! I will have a trip to the phone shop and see if it's quad band - I'm guessing mobile phones may be more expensive than over here - definitely worth getting it unblocked if we can. Thanks again for that

Originally Posted by claretandblue
Hi,

We hope you are a little less wobbly soon!! It must be really difficult, but you're bound to meet people soon and make friends. It's something that we're all going to have to do sooner or later. My friends at the moment are all Mum's from my Son's pre school and I definately think that's the way I'll be meeting local people when we are out in Oz.

We have our medicals tomorrow!!!!!
Hi - I'm the same as you most of my friends have been met through my sons pre-school or toddler groups...I've been told that we are stopping it's difficult to get into pre-school as it's deemed better than a private nursery so it's easier getting places there - I'm not too bothered aslong as he gets some interaction - he's been climbing the walls over the holidays and would have started school here in Sept although he's only 4 tomorrow!!

How's your little one's hoping your getting some sleep and good luck with the medicals today - although you won't need it at all - are you getting them done in Handsworth? We had ours there. xxx
Old Aug 14th 2008, 8:15 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Lindsay, you can easily convert your phone as Claire has already pointed out. We're with vodafone and they have amazing offers. At the moment if you top up with $29 you get $150 worth ...

Only two more weeks to go!!! Wow! Although the goodbyes are the worst so good luck

Claretand blue, thanks for the good wishes. Feeling much better today. Good luck with the medicals. You'll be fine. Is this the last thing you have to do?

Also, the weekly email everyone is referring to is the blank one we send to the aspc. It automatically replies with the latest dates that the case officers, etc are working on.

Lindsay (and everyone else looking at kindergarden), the deadlines for next years places is up (July 31st) so this is something to get sorted as soon as you arrive. If you know where you are headed, I would even try to email them and make contact now so they are familiar with you. (By the way, the facilities I've seen are AMAZING in comparison to Ireland and the UK)
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Ryaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really nice

Lindsay, you can easily convert your phone as Claire has already pointed out. We're with vodafone and they have amazing offers. At the moment if you top up with $29 you get $150 worth ...

Only two more weeks to go!!! Wow! Although the goodbyes are the worst so good luck

Claretand blue, thanks for the good wishes. Feeling much better today. Good luck with the medicals. You'll be fine. Is this the last thing you have to do?

Also, the weekly email everyone is referring to is the blank one we send to the aspc. It automatically replies with the latest dates that the case officers, etc are working on.

Lindsay (and everyone else looking at kindergarden), the deadlines for next years places is up (July 31st) so this is something to get sorted as soon as you arrive. If you know where you are headed, I would even try to email them and make contact now so they are familiar with you. (By the way, the facilities I've seen are AMAZING in comparison to Ireland and the UK)
IRISH GAL - Nice to hear things are looking up for you. I think I'll be in the same boat as you regarding friends because I have a lot of good friends where I live. I will hopefully start some part time work when my youngest goes to school in January so maybe feel a bit better then.

Flights are booked for 16 September to Sydney and furnished apartment sorted for 3 weeks to give us time to look for a rental. Lots to sort out now.
Thank you everyone for your support, advise and good wishes over the last year.

Cheers or should I say G'day

Elaine

Last edited by Ryaner; Aug 14th 2008 at 12:15 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 5:07 pm
Vickie

vickie will become famous soon enoughvickie will become famous soon enough

Hello Strangers,

Haven't been on for ages as not much to report! We're still set on going to Sydney first week of Nov, but looking more forward to my 30th birthday celebrations and holiday to portugal this month!

Just bumping the thread as I don't like seeing us on Page 2!

Hope everyone is well whatever side of the world they are!

Love Vic X
Old Aug 14th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lindsayc
Hi Claire,

Thanks for the info - really useful - we didn't have a clue how it all worked!! I will have a trip to the phone shop and see if it's quad band - I'm guessing mobile phones may be more expensive than over here - definitely worth getting it unblocked if we can. Thanks again for that

Hi - I'm the same as you most of my friends have been met through my sons pre-school or toddler groups...I've been told that we are stopping it's difficult to get into pre-school as it's deemed better than a private nursery so it's easier getting places there - I'm not too bothered aslong as he gets some interaction - he's been climbing the walls over the holidays and would have started school here in Sept although he's only 4 tomorrow!!

How's your little one's hoping your getting some sleep and good luck with the medicals today - although you won't need it at all - are you getting them done in Handsworth? We had ours there. xxx
Hi Lindsay,

Yep, we had them done at Handsworth.....I think they were ok. Well, everything is ok, just got to wait for our xray and blood results.....what an easy £700+ to make eh??!!!!!! Even Jessie who is 3 weeks had to have a medical from the nurse and doc!!!

Anyway Lindsay, if your Son is crawling the walls (like ours is!!) we should meet up somewhere so they can both have a run around and we can have a chat. What do you think?

Rachel x
Old Aug 14th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

We think the meds went well!!! Jessie's passport was delivered tonight as well, so I've copied it and that's ready to go in the post tomorrow. The place doing the meds were waiting for a copy, so they'll get it on Monday.....and all systems go!!! Just got to sell the house!!

Rachel x
Old Aug 14th 2008, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Lindsayc will become famous soon enoughLindsayc will become famous soon enough

Thanks IG!!! Will think about getting coverted!!

Could I ask when you say next years pre-school places is that starting Jan? My son turns 4 tomorrow so will he be in pre-school or pre-prep - I'm thinking pre-school is this right? Also do they get funding like UK? Will he not be able to start anything till next year?! I hope so!! otherwise I'm paying for a nanny! lol!

Originally Posted by claretandblue
Hi Lindsay,

Yep, we had them done at Handsworth.....I think they were ok. Well, everything is ok, just got to wait for our xray and blood results.....what an easy £700+ to make eh??!!!!!! Even Jessie who is 3 weeks had to have a medical from the nurse and doc!!!

Anyway Lindsay, if your Son is crawling the walls (like ours is!!) we should meet up somewhere so they can both have a run around and we can have a chat. What do you think?

Rachel x
Hi Rachel,

Glad your meds went o.k for you all - hope little jessie was o.k. Was expecting a posh clinic and got an old med centre - felt like we were on coveyor belt!!!

Would love to catch up but only have one car at the moment as sold other in preparation to go. They are a few soft play areas in Kidderminster we could meet at if you were able to get over. No problems if you can't - I know what i's like with two little ones. PM me if you are able to - would be lovely o see your little ones xx
Old Aug 15th 2008, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

How many of us a there left now ? seems like a lot of Augustees are discussing their arrival arrangements, I am so jealous, I close my eyes and try to see how i would feel if it were me.

We are posied and ready to go within 2 weeks if we are lucky enough to get the nod !

IT IS A YEAR FOR US THIS WEEKEND and 18 months since we started with TRA etc.

Is there anything out agent can or should do? as they seem reluctant to even lodge an enquiry !! we have tried that ourselves and the reply says any enquiries have to come from our agent. Our agent keeps refering us to the weekly aspc email.

How much longer could they be ? it almost seems un realistic now........
Old Aug 15th 2008, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Ryaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really nice

How many of us a there left now ? seems like a lot of Augustees are discussing their arrival arrangements, I am so jealous, I close my eyes and try to see how i would feel if it were me.

We are posied and ready to go within 2 weeks if we are lucky enough to get the nod !

Is there anything out agent can or should do? as they seem reluctant to even lodge an enquiry !! we have tried that ourselves and the reply says any enquiries have to come from our agent. Our agent keeps refering us to the weekly aspc email.

We called Australia every week or 2 and that seemed to do the trick.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 9:03 am
Diz
one step closer!

Diz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really nice
Smile Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

tell your agent to earn his money and get on the phone! if you were dealing with it yourself you would be ringing every day. Diz x

Old Aug 15th 2008, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ryaner
We called Australia every week or 2 and that seemed to do the trick.
who and where do you call ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.