Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Attaching documents - 60 files max - question!

Attaching documents - 60 files max - question!

Old Dec 15th 2009, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

tags is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Attaching documents - 60 files max - question!

I am in the process of attaching the documents to our on-line application, and I know that we are allowed a maximum of 60 files.

Does this include the medical & police checks that need to be attached at a later date?

I have just over 50 files to attach now, and that is just the required documents at this stage, including passport, birth certs. etc., and work refs, etc.

So when it comes to the medical & police checks (fingers crossed we get that far!), am I going to be in trouble as I won't have enough space to attach them on-line? Or can we email the medical and police checks to the Case Officer separately, when they are requested?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:16 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attaching documents - 60 files max - question!

Originally Posted by tags
I am in the process of attaching the documents to our on-line application, and I know that we are allowed a maximum of 60 files.

Does this include the medical & police checks that need to be attached at a later date?

I have just over 50 files to attach now, and that is just the required documents at this stage, including passport, birth certs. etc., and work refs, etc.

So when it comes to the medical & police checks (fingers crossed we get that far!), am I going to be in trouble as I won't have enough space to attach them on-line? Or can we email the medical and police checks to the Case Officer separately, when they are requested?
meds go their own way, there is nothing to attach. did you think of combining some scans into multi-page docs, provided they still are under the size limit?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tags

Hi Tags,

agree with newjersey with the additional comment that even if you reach your file limit after uploading the initial documents, you can still email them to DIAC.

If, when you are assigned a CO, they ask for additional information (they might not if you are lucky), you will find an email address in the 'request for information email' that you receive from CO. This email address will be for one of the teams at Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre and if you reply to that address, you will receive a confirmation mail shortly after confirming receipt.

No need to worry

regards

Rhubarb65
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

although you won't upload anything relating to medical you will need to provide the police checks either by upload or email.

I do sometimes wonder what on earth people are sending though to get to 50 docs for two people. I uploaded no more than 5 relating to my secondary app and perhaps 15 - 20 for me as main applicant. What are you sending? Are you sure it is necessary?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:51 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts

I do sometimes wonder what on earth people are sending though to get to 50 docs for two people. I uploaded no more than 5 relating to my secondary app and perhaps 15 - 20 for me as main applicant. What are you sending? Are you sure it is necessary?
well, a family of four racks up 3 documents each in id alone (birth certs, passports, photo) so 12 gone before we started. I also remember that you could (or should?) upload the paperwork that went to the assessing authority - i.e. educational credentials, experience letters (mandatory for specific work experience). I can also imagine that in some complicated family matters you'd have court orders and custody documentation. There was a case on this board where someone was trying to upload a shedload of payslips for, like, 4 years or so. It can get hairy, especially if you have to go at lengths to prove work experience and/or have some complicated family situation.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

tags is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info. I'm relieved.

And to answer your question, I am uploading most documents in .jpg format. I managed to save some files in .pdf, but only in 2-page bundles for under 1mg.... I can't work out how to reduce the resolution in order to bundle more pages into one .pdf. Therefore I have given up and just going to send them in separate pages! That's why I have over 50 documents!