Asthma affect medicals

Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:28 am
Just Joined

spanishlullaby is on a distinguished road
Default Asthma affect medicals

Hi there i was just wondering before we start on the whole applying for visas process does asthma affect entry into Australia?
My daughter is only 18 months but has been in hospital many times and the doctors have said it's highly likely she has asthma (cant diagnose until 2 apparently).
Would this stop us getting into Australia? I thougt it best to ask this question asap because i wouldnt want us to get so excited and then have our hearts broken!
Thanks in advance
Old Mar 4th 2007, 9:19 am
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Asthma affect medicals

Hiya
my son has asthma and has had it since 2yrs old (10 now) has spent many nites in hospital he also had epilepsy diagnosed 12months ago, he is on medication for both and they are quite under control....we got our visa granted last week, so he went through the medicals ok...
hope this helps,
Jo
Old Mar 4th 2007, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your quick reply, it's so reassuring!!
I see you're from Plymouth. I live in Spain but originaly im from Newton Abbot! Where abouts in Oz are you moving to? good luck with everything and thanks again!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 11:31 am

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

Hi
small world really isnt it, thats just up the road...., how long have you lived in spain. We are hoping to settle somewhere in between Rockingham and mandurah ..Perth.
Jo
Old Mar 4th 2007, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope I am here and have asthma.

So the answer you are looking for is no. Plus your daughter is just a baby she can grow out of it yet petal

good look to you, get your app in best thing my family and I ever did

Hugs Lace xx
Old Mar 4th 2007, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

see you in Rocky hunny where all the best dolphins live lol

Lace xx
Old Mar 4th 2007, 11:47 am

Lace, U just made my day,,,weather here is really awful today,,rain n wind...
cant wait to be there with those dolphins,

Jo
Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your replys....swimming with dolphins!! sounds amazing!!
Im glad you're happy down under, we cant wait to get the ball rolling.
I have to say the weather is beautiful here in Spain for this time of year (26today) we have just got back from the beach....bad weather in Plymouth hey? would never believe it lol
We have been in Spain for 16 months, not sure where we go for our medicals or police checks over here so better get some advice about that one