Assesment Issue

Old Nov 30th 2002, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

user9999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Assesment Issue

I soon will apply for an assessment with ACS. I have all my things ready. However, my partner (we can't migrate jointly) has an issue. He has an US 4yr degree in Liberal Studies, a 6 credit training for Publics Relations and a Masters Degree in Information Architecture. He has been working as a Senior Systems Analyst for the last 8 months (not enought for ACS), however, he worked as a Public Relations Officer for the previos 12 months. He will have his assessment made by VETASSESS. Our issue is: Will the assessing body consider his BLS degree and his PRO training as suitable for exercising as a Public Relations Officer (a 50point occupation? Does anyone thing so? He will not apply for migration until he has 12 months (by april 2003) of experience as a systems analyst so he application has a better chance to be approved (since it will be required 2yrs of work experience in the last 3yrs). He will apply for Immigration as a Public Relations Officer, though he may not exercise that profession but the computers related one. Anyone has something to say to enlighten us?
Old Dec 1st 2002, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Steven O'Neil is an unknown quantity at this point

Most likely this will be acceptable to Vetassess. I say 'most likely' as you have not given details of what institution you received your studies at in the USA.

However assuming that it is equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree (does not matter what subject), then Vetassess will issue an approval letter for ANY of their 50 point occupations.

Regards

Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com