April 2007 Applicants

Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: April 2007 Applicants

[QUOTE=betsyboob;5412680]
Originally Posted by betsyboob

Sorry Sue....He's a brickie isn't he....duh
No thats Nics hubby lol

Suexx
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:11 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=suesk;5412690]

No thats Nics hubby lol

Suexx
sorry!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

He is ready to up and go....me too, except, I have got myself in a bit of a pickle. I had heard that visa's take well in excess of a year to go through so, worrying about the work situation, i applied for a pgce course(teaching). I was supposed to start in Sept, and would have it finished by July 08 but it has all been delayed and i am due to start either this Nov or (more probable)Jan. Only thing is that means that i wont be finished by the time our visa will expire, and although we could validate it would cost a lot as my partner is Self employed so gets no hols etc. Am thinking that i may be better doing a course over there, only thing is that it is funded here.

We have just had house valued, and, if we were to sell up now and buy in Oz we could have a 50% mortagage...very appealling.

What's Halls hill like? Where are you from and what visa r u appling for?
Maybe it was delayed for a reason!!!! I have just heard on the radio that house prices have fallen for the 3rd consecutive month so if I could get a 50% mortgage now and go to Oz there would be no question what I would do. By the sound of things, something has to give whether it is the teaching course or when you go to Oz. As you say, it is still possible for you to do it over there so instead of a 50% mortgage, have a 55% and use 5% of the house sale to go to college there in the sunshine

Halls Head in as far as the internet says as we have never been to Oz before has everything we want. Not sure about Secret Harbour as the house prices are rising so much and it has a very bad rip tide which I am put off because of the kids. Halls Head is still on the coast about 20 minutes from Mandurah, 10 mins from Secret Harbour, Rockingham etc. and has lovely lagoons on the beach for the safety of the kids.

We are from Northants but I am originally from Scotland but lived down here 13 years. Have 3 kids 6,4 and 2 and was granted our permanent 134 visa in August.

Have you sold your house yet?

Nicx
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:21 pm

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Nic...
No we haven't sold house am contemplating putting it on the market between Nov / Jan, depending on visa. Have you sold yours? House has gone up £50,000 in just over 3years! we estimate being able to take £75-80,000 with us to put into a house and estimate a house in Oz to cost around £130,000-170,000, from what i have seen on realestate.com.au, do you think that is realistic?
Northants?! THat's where i went to college, i am originally form Milton keynes.
what's the next step for you now then? do you already hold your visa?

Sue...
Wow that's really soon to be going, and you still don't have visa? are you renting at the mo? Does your OH need to do a test when he gets there? You do for plumbing.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:26 pm
done and dusted

maverik1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=suesk;5412685]

hi

OH metal machinist and typical everything i look at at the mo no jobs Nevermind tho im sure stacking shelves is good a job as any lol

Suexx
http://seek.com.au/jobsearch/index.a...archfrom=quick
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

I like your thinking! only thing is... i'm a little concerned about living costs in Oz and feel that we may need two f/t wages coming in, with a 1yr old and a three year old...that doesn't even start kindy until jan 09! I'm not going to be ale to afford to work...only evening work. Am wondering if we would be better off moving mid 2009, giving our son 1yr at school and enough time when we get there to enrol him for a school there.

Like i said...my head is spinning!:curse:
Hi

We too are heading to Mandurah/secret harbour area.
We are myself, hubby(maintenance engineer) and 3 year old and 1 year old.
I too am thinking I may need to get part time evening work or may even consider child minding for awhile. Been having a think about training when we get to oz and thought may look into teaching. I don't have a degree so will have to start from scratch.
We are awaiting visa now and are going in Jan 08.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by LisaT
Hi

We too are heading to Mandurah/secret harbour area.
We are myself, hubby(maintenance engineer) and 3 year old and 1 year old.
I too am thinking I may need to get part time evening work or may even consider child minding for awhile. Been having a think about training when we get to oz and thought may look into teaching. I don't have a degree so will have to start from scratch.
We are awaiting visa now and are going in Jan 08.
Wow, your going really soon after visa granted? Are you renting at the mo? or have you got house to sell.

I have a degree in Fashion, was looking at PGCE as it is all funded here £9,000 - which i need for childcare, i know that a PGCE is accepted in Oz and was going to teach secondary textiles. I have thought about possibly postponing and doing it in Oz, the fees are around £4,000, but i could wait until both children are at school......2012/13! But at least then i wouldn't have to pay childcare...OH might even be able to pick them up from school as i have read that tradespeople finish at 2/3pm as it gets too hot!?

Have you been to secret harbour? where are living at the mo and what does OH do?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Yeah, I think that is realistic.

We have got our visas, sold our house and moved in with Marc's parents 2 weeks ago. Flights booked and we fly to perth 3rd Jan
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=maverik1979;5412769]
Thanx 4 that but y are all jobs with recruitment agencies? these dont really tell u wot part of brisbane they r in so thats y i say cant find any jobs lol

Suexx
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nic...
No we haven't sold house am contemplating putting it on the market between Nov / Jan, depending on visa. Have you sold yours? House has gone up £50,000 in just over 3years! we estimate being able to take £75-80,000 with us to put into a house and estimate a house in Oz to cost around £130,000-170,000, from what i have seen on realestate.com.au, do you think that is realistic?
Northants?! THat's where i went to college, i am originally form Milton keynes.
what's the next step for you now then? do you already hold your visa?

Sue...
Wow that's really soon to be going, and you still don't have visa? are you renting at the mo? Does your OH need to do a test when he gets there? You do for plumbing.
No no visa lol no house sold not even on market lol no job yet lol but who cares just want to be living our dream asap but on a postive note he doesnt have to do a test 4 his job

Suexx
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

Wow, your going really soon after visa granted? Are you renting at the mo? or have you got house to sell.

I have a degree in Fashion, was looking at PGCE as it is all funded here £9,000 - which i need for childcare, i know that a PGCE is accepted in Oz and was going to teach secondary textiles. I have thought about possibly postponing and doing it in Oz, the fees are around £4,000, but i could wait until both children are at school......2012/13! But at least then i wouldn't have to pay childcare...OH might even be able to pick them up from school as i have read that tradespeople finish at 2/3pm as it gets too hot!?

Have you been to secret harbour? where are living at the mo and what does OH do?
We've been to Perth and only as far down as Rockingham. We didn't go down as far as Mandurah unfortunately as we decided we wanted to be NOR. To be honest though my heart wasn't in it. Too much like Milton Keynes where we live. Want more of a community and also NOR is so expensive.
We are letting our house out. Our agents are due to start marketing it begin of Nov. We plan to move in with parents end of Nov. Give us a month or 2 to save some extra money. Am remortgaging now to release some money to take. If all goes well we'll sell in a couple of years. My family are all here.

That would be good if the men finish work early.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Nic938
Yeah, I think that is realistic.

We have got our visas, sold our house and moved in with Marc's parents 2 weeks ago. Flights booked and we fly to perth 3rd Jan

Wow that's really brave moving in with family for 3 months, you must be really close, i expect you'll really miss that when you go. I think my OH might actually miss his family when we go as he likes to have them at hand.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by suesk
No no visa lol no house sold not even on market lol no job yet lol but who cares just want to be living our dream asap but on a postive note he doesnt have to do a test 4 his job

Suexx
Cup half full eh?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Wow that's really brave moving in with family for 3 months, you must be really close, i expect you'll really miss that when you go. I think my OH might actually miss his family when we go as he likes to have them at hand.

Hi

Yes we are close. We plan to move in end November then go to Oz around 21st Jan I think. So not too long.

Did I read somewhere youa re from Milton Keynes originally?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by LisaT
We've been to Perth and only as far down as Rockingham. We didn't go down as far as Mandurah unfortunately as we decided we wanted to be NOR. To be honest though my heart wasn't in it. Too much like Milton Keynes where we live. Want more of a community and also NOR is so expensive.
We are letting our house out. Our agents are due to start marketing it begin of Nov. We plan to move in with parents end of Nov. Give us a month or 2 to save some extra money. Am remortgaging now to release some money to take. If all goes well we'll sell in a couple of years. My family are all here.

That would be good if the men finish work early.
I'm form Milton Keynes originally! what is NOR? - north of river?

We too don't want to be anywhere ike MK, Where exactly was like MK?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.