Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Applying for WA and SA Sponsorship ( Multiple Application)

Applying for WA and SA Sponsorship ( Multiple Application)

Old Jul 25th 2010, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

sambagirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for WA and SA Sponsorship ( Multiple Application)

Hello,

Just to share my experience: In Oct/Nov 08 I applied for SA state sponsorship for the 457, then I discovered I could apply for the same in WA, which I did in Nov 08.

Both states had different lifestyle/career factors which appealed to me, and ultimately I was willing to live in either (I was just happy at finally finding a way into Oz!) so I would have committed to either state. Fortunately for me I was offered sponsorship by both, but WA offered me 5yrs PR on a 176, which in the end was a better visa option than the 457. So I emailed SA and told them what I had been offered by WA and that I felt it was a better option for me. I got a very nice reply back thanking me for advising them and that they understood.

So....I didn't have a problem applying for both. I'd say go for it.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by sambagirl
Hello,

Just to share my experience: In Oct/Nov 08 I applied for SA state sponsorship for the 457, then I discovered I could apply for the same in WA, which I did in Nov 08.

Both states had different lifestyle/career factors which appealed to me, and ultimately I was willing to live in either (I was just happy at finally finding a way into Oz!) so I would have committed to either state. Fortunately for me I was offered sponsorship by both, but WA offered me 5yrs PR on a 176, which in the end was a better visa option than the 457. So I emailed SA and told them what I had been offered by WA and that I felt it was a better option for me. I got a very nice reply back thanking me for advising them and that they understood.

Thanks for your kind reply , I would apply for WA as soon as they announce their SMP
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foha2012
And one more thing I forgot to mention. The states ASK you to withdraw any other applications to other states if they are about to accept you.

I read this here sometime ago. One poster stated that he was asked to withdraw his application from another state otherwise the first state was going to reject him.

please see that I am just quoting what was stated by poster and I have no proof of its authenticity.

Cheers,

TAA
Certainly at one point Victoria were refusing to accept people who had applied to more than one State.People posted their replies from Victoria on here saying just that.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 6:51 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Certainly at one point Victoria were refusing to accept people who had applied to more than one State.People posted their replies from Victoria on here saying just that.
Pollyana,

I applied to VIC only and waited 3 months and they rejected me still. So I still think applying for 2 states is a good option.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jul 25th 2010, 6:52 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sambagirl
Hello,

Samba Girl,

Thanks for your input.

Will do the same, WA and SA as soon as the SMP comes out.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jul 25th 2010, 11:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Pollyana,

I applied to VIC only and waited 3 months and they rejected me still. So I still think applying for 2 states is a good option.

Cheers,

TAA
Not saying it isn't, I wouldn't know. I'm just passing on info that others posted on here
Old Jul 25th 2010, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

madrista is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied SA and WA both on 4 May and approved by WA last week. So i think it is no problem.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

mimiltonme is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I also applied for both SA and WA end of Feb. Then I got positive response from SA in 1st week of April and applied 176 based on that. Interestingly I got the positive result from WA last week but unfortunately nothing to do with that.

So I think its no prob to apply more than one. But Victoria is different, they will reject if you apply other state before applying to them..Thanks..
Old Jul 26th 2010, 3:02 pm
Waiting .....

Originally Posted by mimiltonme
Hi All,

I also applied for both SA and WA end of Feb. Then I got positive response from SA in 1st week of April and applied 176 based on that. Interestingly I got the positive result from WA last week but unfortunately nothing to do with that.

So I think its no prob to apply more than one. But Victoria is different, they will reject if you apply other state before applying to them..Thanks..
Victoria's Secret!.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Victoria's Secret!.

Cheers,

TAA
What do you think about applying for SA and QLD. I checked QLD and found out that they accept appliciation
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:58 am
Waiting .....

Originally Posted by r_1159
What do you think about applying for SA and QLD. I checked QLD and found out that they accept appliciation
R1159,

Problem is still my skill not being on Schedule 3 !. Its on Schedule 4 and as we know, it is for SMP which is a long way ahead !.

Right now I am confused whether I should wait for SMP to check if my skill - 263199 is there in anyone of those or go for a new assessment.

The latter will cost me 450 (rpl) and a lot of paperwork !. Can't seem to make up my mind... Any suggestions?.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

R1159,

Problem is still my skill not being on Schedule 3 !. Its on Schedule 4 and as we know, it is for SMP which is a long way ahead !.

Right now I am confused whether I should wait for SMP to check if my skill - 263199 is there in anyone of those or go for a new assessment.

The latter will cost me 450 (rpl) and a lot of paperwork !. Can't seem to make up my mind... Any suggestions?.

Cheers,

TAA
If I were in your shoes I would apply for reassessment, I am gonna sit IELTS to obtain 7 to get +10 points,
You are much ahead as you have already obtained 25 points for your language skills,
Therefore, in my opinion don't wait for SMP and apply for reassessment and instead of waiting for states and DIAC games apply for 175
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:17 pm
Waiting .....

If I were in your shoes I would apply for reassessment, I am gonna sit IELTS to obtain 7 to get +10 points,
You are much ahead as you have already obtained 25 points for your language skills,
Therefore, in my opinion don't wait for SMP and apply for reassessment and instead of waiting for states and DIAC games apply for 175
R1159,

I have thought about it, but a new assessment will take 12 weeks. that is - If I apply now, I will get my result in mid October. The SMPs will most likely be released by Sept 1st. If my skill 263199 were present in any of the states, I would have wasted 450 Au$.

So you see, I will then have an assessment for a schedule 3 skill but my existing assessment would ALSO be useable under SMP. As I cannot apply for 175 because I can never have 120 points being 40 years old, Sponsorship is my only option.

Thanks for your concern, It really means a lot to me. So how is your IELTS preparation going on ?. Is is AEO or British council ?.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

R1159,

I have thought about it, but a new assessment will take 12 weeks. that is - If I apply now, I will get my result in mid October. The SMPs will most likely be released by Sept 1st. If my skill 263199 were present in any of the states, I would have wasted 450 Au$.

So you see, I will then have an assessment for a schedule 3 skill but my existing assessment would ALSO be useable under SMP. As I cannot apply for 175 because I can never have 120 points being 40 years old, Sponsorship is my only option.

Thanks for your concern, It really means a lot to me. So how is your IELTS preparation going on ?. Is is AEO or British council ?.

Cheers,

TAA
It's going on, I am studying english and wroking at the same time.
I am gonna take IETLS with British council.
However, I think you are a qualified computer engineer and undoubtedly deserve Australian PR. I was shocked when I saw your application is refused by VIC as I was sure that they are gonna sponsor you.
Anyway, I hope your ocuupation will be in States SMP.

Last edited by QLDlover; Jul 27th 2010 at 12:28 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:38 pm
Waiting .....

It's going on, I am studying english and wroking at the same time.
I am gonna take IETLS with British council.
However, I think you are a qualified computer engineer and undoubtedly deserve Australian PR. I was shocked when I saw your application is refused by VIC as I was sure that they are gonna sponsor you.
Anyway, I hope your ocuupation will be in States SMP.
Thanks again for the kind words, Patience has its virtues, I am confident that I will get my visa one day .

Cheers,

TAA