Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Applying for WA and SA Sponsorship ( Multiple Application)

Applying for WA and SA Sponsorship ( Multiple Application)

Old Jul 11th 2010, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Talking Applying for WA and SA Sponsorship ( Multiple Application)

What will happen if I apply for both ? I have already applied for SA and wanna apply for WA whenever SMP is released.
I know some of States are very strict about multiple sponsorship ( like VIC and ACT ) but I would be appreciated if you share your own experience about WA and SA
Regards
Old Jul 11th 2010, 4:37 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Applying for WA and SA Sponsorship ( Multiple Application)

Originally Posted by r_1159
What will happen if I apply for both ? I have already applied for SA and wanna apply for WA whenever SMP is released.
I know some of States are very strict about multiple sponsorship ( like VIC and ACT ) but I would be appreciated if you share your own experience about WA and SA
Regards
I know a friend who had 2 sponsorships offers at the same time but he opted for 1 but it is always a risk.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice

How would you be showing commitment to state if you apply to more than one?
Old Jul 12th 2010, 2:29 am
Just Joined

madrista is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied WA and SA State Sponsorship simultaneously on May. Let us see what will happen...
Old Jul 12th 2010, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

Originally Posted by PLASTERERFROMWALES
How would you be showing commitment to state if you apply to more than one?
You don't need to be committed to anything until you actually get an offer of sponsorship AND you then accept it. At that point you are committed to live and work there for 2 years or whatever else there is legal obligation of. It is like applying for two jobs, or admission into two universities or anything like that. That's how I see it anyway.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice

Applying for more than one state is just trying to jump the queue, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of the reasons why applicants get refused state sponsorship. You need to show commitment to get state sponsorship in the first place.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

johnb1 is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Applying for WA and SA Sponsorship ( Multiple Application)

Originally Posted by r_1159
Regards
Think about it
If I were looking at applications, I would ask questions if you applied for 2 states, its not very committed is it.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

hantorro is on a distinguished road

Applying for more than one state is just trying to jump the queue, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of the reasons why applicants get refused state sponsorship. You need to show commitment to get state sponsorship in the first place.
Hi i notice in your timeline that you received WA sponsorship in Jan, have you heard anything from DIAC regarding the change to your Visa application yet? Just wondered as we have just received a successful WA sponsorship.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by madrista
I applied WA and SA State Sponsorship simultaneously on May. Let us see what will happen...
I got confused! Some people say that is unacceptable and some other say it is acceptable,
Old Jul 12th 2010, 8:15 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Plasterer,

I know it seems like jumping the queue, but I think its not a bad strategy applying for multiple states.

If you take my case for instance, I applied for VIC on March 24th, and it was the only state I applied, they eventually rejected me in July!. Had I applied for SA and WA along with it, one of them would have accpeted my SS application and I would have been able to apply for 176 before the rules change !. I would then have been sipping coffee and casually waiting instead of drowning in my own tears !

Anyways, whats done is done and now I am gonna apply for both as soon as SMPs come out!.

The irony is, I have seen people who HAD 120 points already, applied for 3 - 4 states, got SS for 2 states, didn't use eihter and applied for 175. Don't you think its worse than applying for 2 states when you need SS to apply as you don't have 120 points ?

Cheers,

TAA

Last edited by foha2012; Jul 12th 2010 at 8:19 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

How can you know that the other states would have granted you sponsorship had you applied at the same time?
Old Jul 13th 2010, 5:03 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

It has been discussed earlier that state may contact other state before offering you sponsorship.
After 8 Feb change I applied for Victoria but they did not accept my CV 2 times, then I withdrew my application and contacted WA they replied I have to show an email that my sponsorship application has been withdrawn/rejected.
My friend has got sponsorship from Queensland but he is not willing to convert to 176, if you already have lodged you application then you can apply for states just for time pass may be.

If you have not lodged your application then consider all pros and cons of each state, make your mind and then apply for only 1 state at a time, meanwhile if you change your mind, go for withdrawal and apply to another state.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 8:35 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

How can you know that the other states would have granted you sponsorship had you applied at the same time?
Plasterer,

SA and WA have a better success rate and I have yet to see anyone rejected for SA.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jul 13th 2010, 10:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz
You don't need to be committed to anything until you actually get an offer of sponsorship AND you then accept it. At that point you are committed to live and work there for 2 years or whatever else there is legal obligation of. It is like applying for two jobs, or admission into two universities or anything like that. That's how I see it anyway.
It's a little like asking 2 women to marry you. You don't actually have to commit to either one until one of them actually accepts. At that point you can decide which one you like.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 7:46 pm
Waiting .....

And one more thing I forgot to mention. The states ASK you to withdraw any other applications to other states if they are about to accept you.

I read this here sometime ago. One poster stated that he was asked to withdraw his application from another state otherwise the first state was going to reject him.

please see that I am just quoting what was stated by poster and I have no proof of its authenticity.

Cheers,

TAA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.