Applying for a new eVisitor 651

Old Nov 9th 2022, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

dplawson123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for a new eVisitor 651

Not sure if this has been asked before - but I have an existing eVisitor 651 that expires in December.
We'd like to visit Australia in Feb next year to visit family and I would like to get a new evisitor visa to cover this trip before booking flights.

If I apply for a new visa now will it cancel the existing one that runs out in December - or is it just not possible to do this on the web site until the old one has expired?

Thanks in Adavance.
Old Nov 10th 2022, 2:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for a new eVisitor 651

Originally Posted by dplawson123
Not sure if this has been asked before - but I have an existing eVisitor 651 that expires in December.
We'd like to visit Australia in Feb next year to visit family and I would like to get a new evisitor visa to cover this trip before booking flights.

If I apply for a new visa now will it cancel the existing one that runs out in December - or is it just not possible to do this on the web site until the old one has expired?

Thanks in Adavance.
You can apply for a new one now, you don't have to wait for the other to expire. It will then run for 12 months from the date of grant.
Old Nov 10th 2022, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Great - thanks very much for clarifying.
Old Nov 10th 2022, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Just a quick update - I applied for the new 651 and entered my previous visa grant number as part of the process.
It gives a message saying the previous visa will be cancelled but the grant of the new one came through immediately.
Thanks again.
Old Nov 10th 2022, 1:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dplawson123
Just a quick update - I applied for the new 651 and entered my previous visa grant number as part of the process.
It gives a message saying the previous visa will be cancelled but the grant of the new one came through immediately.
Thanks again.
No problem, have a good trip