To apply for STNI.....

Old Aug 3rd 2004, 9:40 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default To apply for STNI.....

Am i able to get the ball rolling on the STNI visa application prior to getting a positive skills assessment?

Can i put forward my STNI application pending a positive skills assessment outcome?

Please advise

Rob
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 9:53 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: To apply for STNI.....

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Am i able to get the ball rolling on the STNI visa application prior to getting a positive skills assessment?

Can i put forward my STNI application pending a positive skills assessment outcome?

Please advise

Rob
Hi Rob I think it depends which state you applying. We have gone with SA and you have to have the assessment back first as initially you send it to them along with a CV and then they send you out the relevant questionnaire and declaration.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Victoria are slightly different, not too sure on Tasmania though.

Sasha
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 10:36 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by snappy
Hi Rob I think it depends which state you applying. We have gone with SA and you have to have the assessment back first as initially you send it to them along with a CV and then they send you out the relevant questionnaire and declaration.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Victoria are slightly different, not too sure on Tasmania though.

Sasha
Hi

Is the TRA processed quicker if you are applying for STNI i'm panicing as i've read threads saying people been waiting up to 8 months for TRA results our agent said it should take about 3 months my partner is 45 next may we sent our TRA 23rd June and are applying for STNI to Tasmania

Kay
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 10:45 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by possoms
Hi

Is the TRA processed quicker if you are applying for STNI i'm panicing as i've read threads saying people been waiting up to 8 months for TRA results our agent said it should take about 3 months my partner is 45 next may we sent our TRA 23rd June and are applying for STNI to Tasmania

Kay
hi Kay

No it isn't any quicker and judging from what people are saying if you fast track you TRA it is taking 4 to 5 months so more than what your agent is saying but less than 8. They seem to have had a huge backlog of applications steming from a number of reasons, mainly moving offices and also from the new visa category influx.

So if you get moving now you should still be OK. The STNI doesn't take long to get appoved only a few weeks - from my experience of the SA government (not sure about the others) so you could still put in for your main visa with the DIMIA as soon as your skills assessment comes back and start the ball rolling. the Tasmanian governement will inform the DIMIA that they have accepted you for STNI and then they will treat your application accordingly.

Once the application is in witht he DIMIA your age is frozen so so long as you get your main application in before May you will be OK regarding age.

Sasha
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 10:56 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by snappy
hi Kay

No it isn't any quicker and judging from what people are saying if you fast track you TRA it is taking 4 to 5 months so more than what your agent is saying but less than 8. They seem to have had a huge backlog of applications steming from a number of reasons, mainly moving offices and also from the new visa category influx.

So if you get moving now you should still be OK. The STNI doesn't take long to get appoved only a few weeks - from my experience of the SA government (not sure about the others) so you could still put in for your main visa with the DIMIA as soon as your skills assessment comes back and start the ball rolling. the Tasmanian governement will inform the DIMIA that they have accepted you for STNI and then they will treat your application accordingly.

Once the application is in witht he DIMIA your age is frozen so so long as you get your main application in before May you will be OK regarding age.

Sasha
Thank you for your response
Kay