Application Withdrawal

Old Apr 22nd 2003, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

agentsmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application Withdrawal

Please help..

I am withdrawing my application (Dec 2002 class 136).
I need your help as to how I should do this:

should I phone aspc? or fax?

will i get my fee back?

I will be re applying again later this year.
Will I get my application back?

I really appreciate any help with this, i plan to withdraw as soon as I get some advice

thanks
agentsmith
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 7:38 pm

Dear Fool,

No, you will not get your money or your application back. Why would you want to withdraw your application and then submit another one later this year? This is not logical or is it perhaps that the time taken to process an application in Adilaide is too short for you. Let your current application run its course, you will have plenty of time to move to Aus. (5 years) if your application is approved. The cost of a validation trip (for a single person) will be less than a new application fee.

Old Apr 22nd 2003, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Application withdrawls should be made in writing.

It is not usual for refunds to be given.

Having said that your circumstances would have to be very unique for this to be the correct course of action. Would it not be better to let the process run it's course and deal with any time issues as they unfold? At this point in time it seems too early to be withdrawing the application if you intend to reapply later in the year.

Just my opinion.

Regards

Bill
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 11:05 pm
Vincent

Default Re: Application Withdrawal

this is a curious situation, just wondering why you would want to
withdraw your application and then reapply later in the year...??
Phoning ASPC might be the way to go, but I do know for sure you will
not get your money back, it's a non refundable payment regardless of
your application being succesful or not, and I highly doubt you will
get your application back...why not just let the process go ahead.? I
know what hell I went through putting the damn thing together and
finally the relief when I didn't have to submit anything when they
accepted it into the queue

cheers
Vincent

agentsmith wrote in message news:...
    > Please help..
    >
    > I am withdrawing my application (Dec 2002 class 136).
    > I need your help as to how I should do this:
    >
    > should I phone aspc? or fax?
    >
    > will i get my fee back?
    >
    > I will be re applying again later this year.
    > Will I get my application back?
    >
    > I really appreciate any help with this, i plan to withdraw as soon as I
    > get some advice
    >
    > thanks
    > agentsmith

Old Apr 25th 2003, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Mike & karen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I had to withdraw my application because of the Deeming Date issue.

You have to apply in writing, the application fee is not refundable, they also keep any police checks and your application.

As it was, I reapplied and was successful and now living in Melbourne.

Mike
Old Apr 25th 2003, 2:38 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application Withdrawal

Originally posted by agentsmith
I am withdrawing my application (Dec 2002 class 136).
I need your help as to how I should do this:

should I phone aspc? or fax?

will i get my fee back?
Why is it that people keep asking questions that are already answered in the Skilled Migration Booklet which is available for *free*?

March 2003 edition of that booklet clearly gives you the answers in page 58, final paragraph.

RTFM will you? It's free, and you'll look less clueless.

Peter
Old Sep 18th 2003, 5:30 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Default Withdrawal Of Skill Matching Visa

Dear All,

Recently, I received STNI on another application class 136(For ehich my credit card was charged).

Later this year,I made another application for skill matching visa class 134(with no initial payments).

Is this feasible/appropriate to withdraw the skill matching visa application before the grant for class 136 visa???

Does this withdrawal will have any effect on my class 136 visa application?

Should I inform DIMA about my both applications in processing in writing?

Regards,
Bilgrami.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Peter Tomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Withdrawal Of Skill Matching Visa

Originally posted by smurtaza
Recently, I received STNI on another application class 136(For ehich my credit card was charged).

Later this year,I made another application for skill matching visa class 134(with no initial payments).

Is this feasible/appropriate to withdraw the skill matching visa application before the grant for class 136 visa???

Does this withdrawal will have any effect on my class 136 visa application?

Should I inform DIMA about my both applications in processing in writing?
Congrats on your STNI. That means you're basically in, if you fulfil basic requirements :~) Following are my thoughts:

First, you don't need to withdraw any of your both visa applications. The worse scenario would be if ASPC reads it incorrectly and in a big hurry cancel both of them by error. It doesn't hurt to have 134 visa application "open" once you get your 136 STNI visa.

However, if you go for 134 Skill-Matching/STNI, and you are granted 136 later (by an error or by standard?), your first visa might be canceled and you might need to validate again?!

Second, if you and/or your spouse don't fulfil English requirements, you might find 134 easier.

As you paid for 136 already, that's probably much better than to pay 2nd installment (same fee) for 134. Remind them kindly that given your STNI you expect faster and streamlined processing.

Cheers,

Peter
Old Sep 21st 2003, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Peter Tomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PETER TOMO PLEASE SUGGEST???

Originally posted by smurtaza
Can we complete our medicals in Australia (Melbourne)?
Sure.
I am on Student Visa (Sub Class:574) here in Australia. Keeping in view the letter should I mentioned this (student visa sub class:574) and my entry to Australia on FORM 1022?
Yes, if you hadn't done so. You will have to leave OZ and notify your officer in order to get PR grant.

Question 13 and Question 14, in form 1022 states that (visa details) visa granted date/stay/visa class.And (Visa details) date of application/lodged at/Visa class etc.

Should I mention details of my student visa sub class : 574 in this space?Please confirm and suggest.
I think they're asking about your visa application being processed, ie. offshore PR; and you have to inform your officer about your student visa and your presence in Australia.

Peter