application priority

Old Nov 25th 2010, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

dream208 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default application priority

Hi all,

I applied for my 175 skilled independent visa on July 2009.

My occupation is a network engineer (so i'm in priority 4) and i see that this occupation appeared on the Northern territory state migration plan so the question is will this affect the priority of my application (without applying for sponsorship).

I won't be able to apply for the state sponsorship due to financial issues so will the priority of the application be changed due to the fact that my occupation is present on one of the state migration plan.

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me with his opinion on this issue.

Thanks.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: application priority

No, afraid not. You need to have stae sponsorship to benefit from your occupation being on a SMP. Sorry.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 9:23 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dream208
Hi all,

My occupation is a network engineer (so i'm in priority 4) and i see that this occupation appeared on the Northern territory state migration plan so the question is will this affect the priority of my application (without applying for sponsorship).

I won't be able to apply for the state sponsorship due to financial issues so will the priority of the application be changed due to the fact that my occupation is present on one of the state migration plan.

Thanks.
You cannot switch to 176 now according to recent announcements.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 8:40 pm

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dream208
Hi all,

Thanks.
If you were assigned case officer on 1st july 2010 (which is most likely as your occupation was on CSL and you applied more than a year ago) then even though you are on priority group 4, your application will be processed actively, and hence having SMP is irrelevant i think.

Note that during recent changes, it was stated that computing professionals who have case officers assigned will be informed by their case officers about the effect of priority processing on their applications.. so far people i know have their case officers confirming them that there is no effect on their applications...

my bro applied in Sep 09 for 175 as network engineer and got PR this month....so fingers crossed.. you may hear good news soon...

to answer your question, as shafaqat and burmudashorts pointed that, not only you will need state sponsorship, but you also have to reapply for 176...this application will not be converted even if you get SMP. It was possible before 1st july i believe...

Good luck with ur application...

Last edited by adeel.zafar; Nov 27th 2010 at 8:43 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

lloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nice

Originally Posted by adeel.zafar
If you were assigned case officer on 1st july 2010 (which is most likely as your occupation was on CSL and you applied more than a year ago) then even though you are on priority group 4, your application will be processed actively, and hence having SMP is irrelevant i think.

Note that during recent changes, it was stated that computing professionals who have case officers assigned will be informed by their case officers about the effect of priority processing on their applications.. so far people i know have their case officers confirming them that there is no effect on their applications...

my bro applied in Sep 09 for 175 as network engineer and got PR this month....so fingers crossed.. you may hear good news soon...

to answer your question, as shafaqat and burmudashorts pointed that, not only you will need state sponsorship, but you also have to reapply for 176...this application will not be converted even if you get SMP. It was possible before 1st july i believe...

Good luck with ur application...
But switching is not allowed for new applicants after Jul 1st, 2010. I could be wrong, but those earlier applicants are allowed to switch.

Check out Q16 and Q17 in this FAQ sheet

It also states

For applications lodged after 1 July 2010, a new application may be required if you have obtained a state or
territory nomination after lodgement. Please contact the skilled processing centre.
See: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/aust...de-skilled.htm
This indicates that older applicants may not have to do so.

Last edited by lloydk; Nov 27th 2010 at 11:44 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 2:32 am

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lloydk
But switching is not allowed for new applicants after Jul 1st, 2010. I could be wrong, but those earlier applicants are allowed to switch.

Check out Q16 and Q17 in this FAQ sheet

It also states

This indicates that older applicants may not have to do so.
I am sorry I must have misunderstood then... the documents you mentioned do give impression that pre-1st july applicants can switch... sorry for misguiding then....
Old Nov 30th 2010, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

dream208 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the replies.

@adeel:unfortunately I wasn't on the CSL as my occupation is a network engineer and not a network security engineer (although network security is part of a network engineer's work) so I haven't been assigned a case officer yet.

anyway i will follow up with the SMPs as they are announced to see my chances