Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

"Application being processed further" ... ?!

"Application being processed further" ... ?!

Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

DoubleCabbage will become famous soon enoughDoubleCabbage will become famous soon enough
Default Re: "Application being processed further" ... ?!

Originally Posted by cyclist
Hello,

Thanks for all your replies!

What exactly means "employer checks" ?

Regards,

Cyclist
This is where they check the veracity of employment details you provided DIAC. Sometimes they call your present/past employers over the phone to verify employment dates and details.
Occasionally, they do visit physically. I think, but am not sure, that DIAC sometimes uses outside people to do the physical visit part, particularly when outside Aus.
No strict rules on how it gets done. For some, they don't carry out checks.

Last edited by DoubleCabbage; Oct 24th 2009 at 8:15 am.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DoubleCabbage
This is where they check the veracity of employment details you provided DIAC. Sometimes they call your present/past employers over the phone to verify employment dates and details.
Occasionally, they do visit physically. I think, but am not sure, that DIAC sometimes uses outside people to do the physical visit part, particularly when outside Aus.
No strict rules on how it gets done. For some, they don't carry out checks.
Yep if you see any 'Agent Smith' type characters with shades on, lurking around the corner from your work, that's them checking up on you.

Old Oct 28th 2009, 10:41 am
Just Joined

cyclist is on a distinguished road

Good morning,

Thank you for all your replies!!

Today (28. Oct.) the state of all documents has changed into MET!!

I guess it's getting very exciting now!!

Cheers,

Cyclist
Old Oct 28th 2009, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

tejas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cyclist
Good morning,

Thank you for all your replies!!

Today (28. Oct.) the state of all documents has changed into MET!!

I guess it's getting very exciting now!!

Cheers,

Cyclist
when did you apply for visa?
Old Oct 28th 2009, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

cyclist is on a distinguished road

Hi tejas,

read my original post and you will know ;-)

By the way, here is a useful link which can give you an idea how long it might take http://beupdate.co.uk/indexskills.php

Cheers,

Cyclist
Old Oct 29th 2009, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

ozmania is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am 175 CSL from HR ctry. Applied online on 30 sep 2009. Uploaded all the asked documents withing the 28 days time limit. On 26 oct 2009, my status changed to "Application being processed further ".

On my application status page, i see the following since the first day of my app lodgement:

30/09/2009 Health requirements outstanding Message
30/09/2009 Medical examination required Message
30/09/2009 Chest X-Ray report required Message
30/09/2009 Chest X-Ray film required Message
30/09/2009 HIV blood test required Message

Ques : Do i need to upload the above mentioned reports at my own at the earliest possible..or someone from DIAC will specificaly ask for the above documents. I am in a fix. So please help me.

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

DoubleCabbage will become famous soon enoughDoubleCabbage will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yep if you see any 'Agent Smith' type characters with shades on, lurking around the corner from your work, that's them checking up on you.
hmmm, so that was them. The guy lurking behind my office. Dark glasses, trenchcoat, poker face...
Old Oct 29th 2009, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Ozmania, it is extremely unlikely that an application lodged on 30th September is being looked at yet. The required message is there from the start on all applications. When your CO wants you to go for medicals they will email you.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

ozmania is an unknown quantity at this point

thks Bermudashorts!
I have seen people loading the medicals etc upfront. Not sure if that speeds up the process in any manner.
But i think i will prefer to wait for CO asking for these, lest i expire my reports.

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Ozmania, it is extremely unlikely that an application lodged on 30th September is being looked at yet. The required message is there from the start on all applications. When your CO wants you to go for medicals they will email you.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozmania
thks Bermudashorts!
I have seen people loading the medicals etc upfront. Not sure if that speeds up the process in any manner.
But i think i will prefer to wait for CO asking for these, lest i expire my reports.
No it doesn't speed things up. In fact it can delay things because the liklihood is, with the length of time taken for visas to be issued, front loaded Meds and PCC expire and then need to be redone.

No one should front load Meds and PCC unless it is specifically suggested by DIAC - eg British Spouse Visas. Anyone else should wait until asked.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

ThKmOZ has a spectacular aura aboutThKmOZ has a spectacular aura aboutThKmOZ has a spectacular aura about

front load Meds, -> Medical Check Result validity is only 1 years period.
so I don't want to choose that way
Old Oct 31st 2009, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

intellect20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alfresco

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/28610.gif
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! Hopefully not long now.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi Dorothy

Maybe when checks/requests are done "on behalf" of case officers, the case officer does not show up on the case computer record when accessed by the telephone enquiry staff. My experience with all on-line cases, where status has changed from the meaningless "procesing commenced" to the maningful "application being processed further", has meant that the case officer, or somebody on behalf of the case officer, is actually actively processing the case. I have not come accross anybody ringing up and getting that response as anyone ringing up is unlikely to be using an agent - so things may not be as straight forward as it seems in my little world. It would be interesting to follow up with these applicants to see if what the ywere told on teh phone was accurate.

Regards

Tony Coates
My application changed to 'Application being processed' further 2 days after I lodged in Jan 09 and I definately don't have a case officer as I am 886 Modl only.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambo76
My application changed to 'Application being processed' further 2 days after I lodged in Jan 09 and I definately don't have a case officer as I am 886 Modl only.
Hi Sambo

We are talking about a second status - "Application being processed further".

Regards

Tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.