Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

"Application being processed further" ... ?!

"Application being processed further" ... ?!

Old Oct 23rd 2009, 8:59 am
Just Joined

cyclist is on a distinguished road
Default "Application being processed further" ... ?!

Hello,

We have applied for a 175 visa (CSL) in May this year.

About one month ago on the visa state has changed into “application being processed further”.

The health requirements are “finalized” but the results are still only “received”. On the document checklist it still says “required” for all documents we have provided.

Now we wonder what exactly the sentence “Application being processed further” mean and if there is any hope that it might get exciting in the near future… ;-)

Cheers,

Cyclist
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

orrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really nice
Default Re: "Application being processed further" ... ?!

Thats exactly what mine says!
I think “Application being processed further” means........
" The ball is in our court, we will contact you......in about two years!"

Basta!%*!s!!!
Cheers
Orrin
(Thats really what I think!)
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Hello,

Thanks for your reply Orrin.

I have hared that the applications have been allocated to a CO once this sentence appears but I am not sure if this is true.

However, does someone know how long is usually takes after the state changes into “being processed further” before you eventually get a CO?

Would be great to get more replies.

Cyclist
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:19 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyclist
Hello,

Thanks for your reply Orrin.

I have hared that the applications have been allocated to a CO once this sentence appears but I am not sure if this is true.

However, does someone know how long is usually takes after the state changes into “being processed further” before you eventually get a CO?

Would be great to get more replies.

Cyclist
It is not true. It means exactly what it says. Your application is being processed further. It doesn't matter when you are appointed a case officer, what matters is how long it takes for routine checking of your application.

Unless your in the top of the list for processing I'm afraid your medicals are going to expire. Take a read of the sticky at the top of this forum for processing priorities.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Hi Dorothy,

on the "Updated Priority Processing" sheet it says ...

"If you have applied for an onshore or offshore GSM visa and your nominated occupation is on the CSL, it is estimated that your application will be finalised within 12 months from your lodgement date."

... so I trust we will get our visa before our medicals expire ;-)

Cyclist
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cyclist,

You also could hop onto the May Visa Apps thread and see how close other 175 CSLers are to getting visas etc...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608928

Good luck! Hope you get it soon.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dorothy,

"If you have applied for an onshore or offshore GSM visa and your nominated occupation is on the CSL, it is estimated that your application will be finalised within 12 months from your lodgement date."

Cyclist
No-one can guarantee that.

It means exactly what it says. "Your application is being processed further" - its one of the commonest questions on here these days, and one of those to which there just is no answer.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 10:17 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dorothy,

Cyclist
Right..."it is estimated that your application will be finalised within 12 months". I've personally seen DIAC's "estimates" at work with the estimated 8 week wait for citizenship turning into 7 months. All I can say is good luck and hope you get a decision before too long.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

"application being processed further" means you have a case officer and real processing has commenced. The date may match a request for further information and/or health and character check request. If health and character are already completed and no further documents are required, the "application being processed further" date will be the date when your case officer instigated an employer check and/or security clearance and you will not have any indication of this - as no request has been sent direct to you. So all those GSM applicants who have an "application being processed further" date of 23rd September 2009 and later, should be CSL applicants - those with earlier dates will have had processing suspended, unless they are on the CSL.

Regards

Tony Coates
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 10:37 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by welshtony
"application being processed further" means you have a case officer and real processing has commenced. The date may match a request for further information and/or health and character check request. If health and character are already completed and no further documents are required, the "application being processed further" date will be the date when your case officer instigated an employer check and/or security clearance and you will not have any indication of this - as no request has been sent direct to you. So all those GSM applicants who have an "application being processed further" date of 23rd September 2009 and later, should be CSL applicants - those with earlier dates will have had processing suspended, unless they are on the CSL.

Regards

Tony Coates
Sorry to disagree Tony, but how do you account for all the people whose status has changed to "application being processed further" who have rung DIAC only to be told they do not have a case officer assigned?
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Sorry to disagree Tony, but how do you account for all the people whose status has changed to "application being processed further" who have rung DIAC only to be told they do not have a case officer assigned?
Hi Dorothy

Maybe when checks/requests are done "on behalf" of case officers, the case officer does not show up on the case computer record when accessed by the telephone enquiry staff. My experience with all on-line cases, where status has changed from the meaningless "procesing commenced" to the maningful "application being processed further", has meant that the case officer, or somebody on behalf of the case officer, is actually actively processing the case. I have not come accross anybody ringing up and getting that response as anyone ringing up is unlikely to be using an agent - so things may not be as straight forward as it seems in my little world. It would be interesting to follow up with these applicants to see if what the ywere told on teh phone was accurate.

Regards

Tony Coates
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:46 am
Just Joined

wpfmv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi Dorothy

Maybe when checks/requests are done "on behalf" of case officers, the case officer does not show up on the case computer record when accessed by the telephone enquiry staff. My experience with all on-line cases, where status has changed from the meaningless "procesing commenced" to the maningful "application being processed further", has meant that the case officer, or somebody on behalf of the case officer, is actually actively processing the case. I have not come accross anybody ringing up and getting that response as anyone ringing up is unlikely to be using an agent - so things may not be as straight forward as it seems in my little world. It would be interesting to follow up with these applicants to see if what the ywere told on teh phone was accurate.

Regards

Tony Coates
This makes sense, my status changed to "Application being processed further" on Sept. 16 and a week later somebody from the local Australian Embassy was doing employer checks. Many people on here who are CSL saw this change around the same date. Maybe they're farming out the employment checks etc. to lower level clerks to make the CO's job easier once he takes up somebody's application. I know nothing "further" has happened to my application since and I very much doubt it if my application is looked at by a decision maker anytime soon as I only applied in July.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

krishnaecetech is an unknown quantity at this point

This statement is really confusing and bringing in lot of stress to people ..... So its better to stop worrying on the statement and wait till we hear a word from CO. Guess I would not front load all documents but keep behind one simple document which is easy to upload when CO requests, so that I can actually know when CO contacted me
Old Oct 24th 2009, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

DoubleCabbage will become famous soon enoughDoubleCabbage will become famous soon enough

And in a not too serious vein:
It can mean any of the following:
1) Away on coffee break
2) Away on vacation
3) Didn't like your application, so set it aside
4) Liked your application, so keeping it to myself
5) Everything looks A ok, so moving on to the next application
6) Emma in the next cubicle is playing the radio too loud.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:50 am
Just Joined

Hello,

Thanks for all your replies!

What exactly means "employer checks" ?

Regards,

Cyclist

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.