Anyone use courier for meds from Ireland?

Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone use courier for meds from Ireland?

Hi guys

Has anyone from Ireland used a courier like DHL or UPS or other to send their medicals and x-rays instead of using "an post".
We have our meds in the morning and a few recommended using courier.

The price we are paying to our doctor includes him sending it by regular post and he said there has never been a problem with it.

The only thing is that we can't check if it has been received or not if it goes by post and knowing the Irish postal service it will probably be sitting in the GPO for a few weeks before it even leaves the country.

Anyone any idea of price for courier and will they pick it up from doctors if I am not there?

Any advice on a reliable courier in the Dublin area.

Many thanks people!!!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone use courier for meds from Ireland?

Hi Eamon,

I used UPS to send my RPL to the ACS. They collected it from my door and delivered the package in two days. The cost was steep enough at seventy but well worth it for the peace of mind. I was able to track it the whole way which is something you dont get with An Post.

They will have no problem collecting it from the doctors. Its better that they collect it from the doctors as they are required to take a look at the package before enclosing it in the envelope. The medical reports are invalid if opened as far as I know.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

UPS - 1-800-57-57-57
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Hi guys

Has anyone from Ireland used a courier like DHL or UPS or other to send their medicals and x-rays instead of using "an post".

The price we are paying to our doctor includes him sending it by regular post and he said there has never been a problem with it.

The only thing is that we can't check if it has been received or not if it goes by post and knowing the Irish postal service it will probably be sitting in the GPO for a few weeks before it even leaves the country.

Anyone any idea of price for courier and will they pick it up from doctors if I am not there?

Many thanks people!!!
Our doctor said the same and wouldnt accept even if we did get a courier company. He said they had never had a problem with An Post and I have to say neither did we. They were delivered within in a week so suited us fine.

Sandra
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:50 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Hi guys

Many thanks people!!!
we have been advised the same although we wont be doing our till after Christmas but im still interested in the answer have you tried ringing around i know interlink are good i order from virgin vie and they do the deliveries and i like the way you can track the parcel .

good luck tomorrow
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Jaidee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Would def use courier, simply because you will go slightly insane for about 2 months wondering if it actually got there or not. Am sure it will but its not worth the undue stress at this very very stressful time. We sent with An Post and the waiting was a killer.

We sent other docs by DHL at cost of 70ish and the service was so professional, with tracking service all the way. collected from home in Ireland on Wed local time pm and with relevant bodies by 9am local time Friday Melbourne.

Couldnt complain about the timeline and at least we knew it was signed for.

Just depends on whether you want to add more stresses I think.