Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone in OZ applying for an Offshore visa?

Anyone in OZ applying for an Offshore visa?

Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:12 am
Just Joined

yoana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in OZ applying for an Offshore visa?

Hi, is anyone who is already in Australia applying for an offshore visa? Please write me to exchange some info.
I am wondering about how much time they will give me to leave the country.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

krishnaecetech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in OZ applying for an Offshore visa?

Originally Posted by yoana
Hi, is anyone who is already in Australia applying for an offshore visa? Please write me to exchange some info.
I am wondering about how much time they will give me to leave the country.
Do you currently hold a visa and when is it expiring. Have you applied or planning to apply for GSM visa(offshore sub class) from onshore.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by krishnaecetech
Do you currently hold a visa and when is it expiring. Have you applied or planning to apply for GSM visa(offshore sub class) from onshore.
Hi, I am on a student visa which expires in 2011. I have applied for 475 SS and already have a CO. The problem is I have been sponsored by a different state than the one I am living in now.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Hi, I am on a student visa which expires in 2011. I have applied for 475 SS and already have a CO. The problem is I have been sponsored by a different state than the one I am living in now.
So which month/year will your studies get over. Not sure what ur CO will decide guess you need to complete the study before you are given the 475 SS visa, since they are two different states involved here. Might be you get a pre grant now and the actual visa grant once you complete the studies and are in the right position to go to the sponsored state.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:50 am
Just Joined

So which month/year will your studies get over. Not sure what ur CO will decide guess you need to complete the study before you are given the 475 SS visa, since they are two different states involved here. Might be you get a pre grant now and the actual visa grant once you complete the studies and are in the right position to go to the sponsored state.
Actually my partner is studying and I am on his visa, but now I am the main applicant for 475 visa. My partner is studying at TAFE and he can always transfer to another TAFE, i think this shouldnt be a problem. His study should be over in Dec 2010. Actually there is no point for me to be given this kind of visa in one year, as then we can apply straight for PR.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Actually my partner is studying and I am on his visa, but now I am the main applicant for 475 visa. My partner is studying at TAFE and he can always transfer to another TAFE, i think this shouldnt be a problem. His study should be over in Dec 2010. Actually there is no point for me to be given this kind of visa in one year, as then we can apply straight for PR.
Why dont you try for a SS for the current state or just try going for PR once his studies is done. Wondering why you are applying for 475 visa at this point that too for a different SS. If he can tranfer to another tafe then guess you could go ahead with this plan of getting 475.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Why dont you try for a SS for the current state or just try going for PR once his studies is done. Wondering why you are applying for 475 visa at this point that too for a different SS. If he can tranfer to another tafe then guess you could go ahead with this plan of getting 475.
The state I am in doesnt sponsor my occupation. We prefer this kind of visa because it gives me the right to work full time. Also, you never know these days if they will still have the occupation that my partner is studying now on their list in 1-2 years.