Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone got a CO who does not bother replying?

Anyone got a CO who does not bother replying?

Old May 25th 2012, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got a CO who does not bother replying?

For every email and phone call the case officers have to deal with, it extends their actual time working on applications by an equal amount of time. I am sure that like any other person, and however professional they are, case officers must get pretty annoyed at people who continually contact them and waste their time so they can't get on with their work.

Your case officer will contact you when and if required.

And no I do not work for DIAC - but I have an equally demanding job in the public service and you may not be aware but every phone call and email has to be logged electronically. This all adds to time taken out of the working day.

Be patient. Your CO will contact you when and if needed.

Last edited by Briar; May 25th 2012 at 8:32 am. Reason: duplication of comments
Old May 25th 2012, 9:49 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lusie
Yet but i still argue, that this totally varies from person to person.

I queried my CO about some thing, when the online status changed "Application being processed further", and i found my CO very efficient in responding to my query. And it was not more than a line.Which would have taken hardly 2 mins. and Yet i agree the CO's have pile of work to complete, so responding to each separate query is impossible. they will or can respond once they find it suitable.

I wish and pray imran.arif gets reply and progress very very soon
Every time you interrupt your CO with irrelevant questions (like the ABPF question), you are delaying him or her from processing your case. Not just your case either, as they deal with multiple applications. Quite frankly I'm amazed at the patience some COs have to the ridiculous e-mails they must get daily.

As has been pointed out, those two minutes you seem to think is no time at all, adds up. If you ever want your case to be looked at properly, stop interrupting them with what are probably trivial questions!
Old May 25th 2012, 9:52 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Briar
For every email and phone call the case officers have to deal with, it extends their actual time working on applications by an equal amount of time. I am sure that like any other person, and however professional they are, case officers must get pretty annoyed at people who continually contact them and waste their time so they can't get on with their work.

Your case officer will contact you when and if required.

And no I do not work for DIAC - but I have an equally demanding job in the public service and you may not be aware but every phone call and email has to be logged electronically. This all adds to time taken out of the working day.

Be patient. Your CO will contact you when and if needed.
Old May 25th 2012, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Lusie is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr. Imran Arif, after all these comments,suggestion and beating. i think that you should leave your CO at his/her own. go for a long drive............................................. .................................................. ...................................... and when you will be back. hopefully the sleeping giant will also get awake
Old May 25th 2012, 12:06 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully the sleeping giant will also get awake
What in the world are you talking about?
Old May 25th 2012, 12:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I don't know but I'm a bit concerned with the beating.
Old May 25th 2012, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'll be damned if I know.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I don't know but I'm a bit concerned with the beating.
It is a bizarre comment.
Old May 25th 2012, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

easy up ppl...... i have known imra.arif for quite some time, and he understands my words and I know his status.... so you ppl just need to take it easy. nothing alarming.....
Old May 25th 2012, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

He is having a holiday today and will laugh his heart out, when he will read all the comments..........
Old May 25th 2012, 1:01 pm

easy up ppl...... i have known imra.arif for quite some time, and he understands my words and I know his status.... so you ppl just need to take it easy. nothing alarming.....
He is having a holiday today and will laugh his heart out, when he will read all the comments..........
Old May 25th 2012, 1:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

As this is the Immigration Forum where we don't want off topic posts, perhaps you could take your private conversation/joke to PM or The Barbie.
Old May 25th 2012, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

whatever..... mind you, this aint a private conversation,it means a lot to us....
Old May 25th 2012, 5:27 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

whatever..... mind you, this aint a private conversation,it means a lot to us....

define "us" please?
Old May 25th 2012, 5:30 pm

Okay, you were told to take it to the Barbie if you want to continue your 'conversation'. I think the OPs query has been sufficiently dealt with. Thread closed.